Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Heavy Fuel

YAY Dire Straits!!!

How are you world?

It is freeeeezing here in the GWN. Have no idea of temp outside but can feel the cold radiating from the windows and I've got the heat cranked up. Brrrrrr. Probably in the -20 something range. It was sunny today which was a blessing. Dark Mondays are a curse...

Could NOT sleep last night. Between being bummed out, menopausal and arthritic....and out of sleeping meds (over the counter), it was 4:30 last time I looked at the clock. 9:00 came really fast, but did manage to stick the entire day out at work, and it was a fairly busy one. Starting with an unscheduled last minute I'm off to Guatemala meeting with Da Boss (NBG). Went really well but sheesh. Meeting with me before I've had coffee is a dangerous undertaking. Anyhow, kids happy and working, we're cooking with gas as a group and it's all good.

All I need now is a nap.

Did see Lou a few times and thank God was busy whenever that happened. Hope this'll blow over but thanks for your suggestions. Am implementing them all (well not sure about the talk, DMJ, but will if the occasion comes up).

Man I can't wait for retirement! Love my job, love the kids/M, but am dearly looking forward to doing NOTHING at all. And sleeping in. First thing I do when I retire is get a dog. Then will sleep for a month. After that, who knows/cares?!

Once again, it was The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe who got me to work today. Simply wouldn't let me sleep in past a certain point. Started feeling sleepy again right after my coffee, and guess who was there nagging very vocally? Yeppir and didn't stop until I got on my feet.

Little nag. Bless her furry heart!

Have a great evening, world.....I'm off to learn Portugese (ha!)!

Bridg

5 Comments:

  • At 2/27/2006 08:38:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    Yeah, don't blame you. Not sure what I was thinking on the talk. Never listen to me :)

     
  • At 2/27/2006 08:43:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    I ALWAYS listen to you, DMJ! What you suggested was fine. This lady is linear like all get-out and doesn't listen at all--so that kind of talk is the only way to get through to her. Right now I"m too grossed out to do anything like that, but in time I'll cool off and it'll go better (than it would right now).

    She's obviously lonely, she just picked the wrong person...now if I keep saying that to myself, eventually it'll sink in....

     
  • At 2/27/2006 11:36:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    What is with your weather? I can't believe it's this crappy so late in the winter. You won't be having much of a Tulip Festival at this rate. Jeez.

     
  • At 2/28/2006 08:22:00 AM, Blogger Casually Me said…

    Retirement is not all it's cracked up to be. I miss the whole having to be a certain place at a certain time deal, also playing nice to folks who don't deserve it. I miss having to fight through traffic, and worrying about if I will have a job because I accidentally punched the bosses son out at a party. Wait, retirement is pretty cool...never mind.

     
  • At 2/28/2006 09:35:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    CM you are a hoot!! Wanna sell me some pensionable time??

    WC, yah this is the weirdest. Still, it might be a 'last gasp' of winter.

    Hope hope hope!!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home