Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Drift Away

Well world, the psychic/channeler did not show up. Her spirit guides told her to stay at home, and it was snowing like mad at the time. Traffic wasn't moving quickly anywhere. So there the four of us were and no psychic/channeler. One of them, the hostess, is Lou my buddy. The second is Lou's best pal Norma. The third was a lady who scares the living daylights out of me. She's sad looking, smirks a lot, does very little work and is very contrary. They are not renewing her contract after March 31 and frankly I don't blame them a bit (she's pretty senior). She knows that they are not keeping her but she claims to not have any idea of why she's leaving. I'm friendly with her boss, and the sad/scary lady was pumping me to see what I knew (umm officially, I know nothing of course). So Norma had to leave quite early, that left me, Lou and sad/scary. From 2:00 until 9:30. This.was.not.much.fun.

On the other hand, Lou just adopted two kittens two weeks ago. They're sisters and they are DARLINGS!!! Both of them adopted me very quickly, so we played most of the night. Why didn't I go home early? Because Lou made a Chinese fondue for dinner on my account (due to heart/cholesterol stuff, don't do regular fondue). So I kinda had to be there. Before she left, Norma wanted me to look up something on Lou's computer. We found a worm on it, so I updated her virus software, got rid of the worm, and did a disc scan. Now the computer runs halfway decently.

After Norma left and after the food we somehow got talking about vibrators. By this time Lou is fairly much into the wine. Lou wanted to get the one I have (not that she's seen it!). They were too embarrassed to go to a store like I did, so they decided to order them off of the internet. I did it for them, not sure if the order went through but it took the pressure out of being around sad/scary.

Then Lou starts hugging and holding my hand a lot. OK this is odd. Boy I hope it was because she was drunk 'cause I don't bat for that team at all. We were going out the door by then. Drove really fast to get home.

And there's a reschedule date for the psychic.

Argh.

Anyway, glad to be home. Glad to be away from sad/scary. Loved those kittens. But very glad to be home.

Does this sound weird to any of you?

It suuuuure felt that way!!!

Shudder!

Bridg

6 Comments:

  • At 2/26/2006 09:35:00 AM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Yes, it ALL sounds scary! Looks like the spirit guides were right. Too bad they didn't warn you. ;)

     
  • At 2/26/2006 01:40:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Tshsmom, hey you're right! REally really didn't want to go when I set out...maybe they did and I didn't listen hard enough.

     
  • At 2/26/2006 02:16:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Sorry we all talked you into it! :(

    At least you had fun with the kittens.

     
  • At 2/26/2006 02:28:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    That did sound pretty weird.

    You're a very good friend to help your friend order a vibrator over the internet. There's a great shop in the Market...Venus Envy, I think... Good people in there who make the whole thing seem completely normal. I went with a friend who wanted to get a cock ring and the girl who helped us out acted like we were picking out dinnerware or something.

    Perhaps the psychic didn't show because she knew sad/scary would be there and didn't want her negative energy around. Something to ponder...

     
  • At 2/26/2006 02:51:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Tshsmom, yes I was thinking of you guys when I went but it serves me right for not going with my (large) gut. Every time I ignore those feelings, something bad happens. You're right tho, the kittens were a Godsend. They were abandoned, living in a horse barn, but had the nicest manners and were very clean and gentle--lovelyl little things.

    WC, you're RIGHT!! I bet that had a lot to do with it. The psychic said that her guides told her to stay home. Hmmmmm. The energy definitely not good/frightening. Am never going back there again!

     
  • At 2/27/2006 06:33:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    Damn, that is ironic that the psychic bailed and left you swimming alone with the wackos. Loved how you fixed the computer and then helped to buy vibrators. That's class :)

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home