Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Don't Worry, Be Happy

DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY
Bobby McFerrin Written by Bobby McFerrin
- released July 1988- reached #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1989- featured in the movie "Cocktail" starring Tom Cruise
courtesy of http://www.elyrics4u.com/d/don_t_worry_be_happy_bobby_mcferrin.htm

Here's a little song I wrote
You might want to sing it note-for-note
Don't worry, be happy
In every life we have some trouble
But when you worry, you make it double
Don't worry, be happy Don't worry, be happy now
Ooo-oo-hoo-hoo-oo hoo-hoo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo
Don't worry
Woo-oo-woo-oo-woo-oo-ooo
Be happy
Woo-oo-oo-oo-ooo
Don't worry, be happy
Ooo-oo-hoo-hoo-oo hoo-hoo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo
Don't worry
Woo-oo-woo-oo-oo-oo-ooo
Be happy
Woo-oo-woo-oo-ooo
Don't worry, be happy
Ain't got no place to lay your head
Somebody came and took your bed
Don't worry, be happy
The landlord say your rent is late
He may have to litigate
Don't worry, (ha-ha ha-ha ha-ha) be happy (look at me, I'm happy)
Ooo-oo-hoo-hoo-oo oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo
Don't worry
Oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo
Be happy
Oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo (Here, I'll give you my phone number. When you'reworried, call me. I'll make you happy.)
Ooo-oo-hoo-hoo-oo oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo
Don't worry
Woo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo
Be happy
Woo-oo-oo-oo-ooo
Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style
Ain't got no gal to make you smile
But don't worry, be happy
'Cause when you're worried, your face will frown
And that will bring everybody down
So don't worry, be happy Don't worry, be happy now
Ooo-oo-hoo-oo-oo oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo
Don't worry
Oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo
Be happy
Woo-oo-oo-oo-ooo
Don't worry, be happy
Ooo-oo-oo-oo-oo oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo
Don't worry
Woo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo
Be happy
Woo-oo-oo-oo-ooo
Don't worry, be happy
Now there, is this song I wrote
I hope you learned it note-for-note, like good little children
Don't worry, be happy
A-listen to a-what I say
In your life, expect some trouble
When you worry you make it double
Don't worry, be happy, be happy now
Ooo-oo-hoo-hoo-oo oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo
Don't worry
Oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo
Be happy
Oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo
Don't worry, be happy
Ooo-oo-hoo-oo-oo oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo
Don't worry
Woo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo
Be happy
Woo-oo-oo-oo-ooo
Don't worry, be happy
Ooo-oo-hoo-oo-oo oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo
Don't worry, don't worry
Oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo
Don't do it, be happy
Oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo
Put a smile on your face
Don't bring everybody down likethis
Ooo-oo-hoo-hoo-oo oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo
Don't worry
Ooo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo
It will soon pass, whatever it is
Ooo-oo-oo-oo-ooo
Don't worry, be happy(fading...)
Ooo-oo-hoo-hoo-oo oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo
I'm not worried
Ooo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo
I'm happy
Ooo-oo-oo-oo-ooo

How are ya world? It's snowing here but not much. COLD though. Those fakers said that it would warm up. HA!!

M wasn't at work today. Got hit in the foot during a game and it hurt to walk so he took the day off. He's been coming in sick for weeks, glad he finally got time off. NBL was also sick. Their offices face each other, so I started a rumor about them trading illnesses. Heh heh heh. Well as rumors go it could have been worse!

Managed to spill a coffee down the front of a white sweater during a meeting. Not that I was a necessary part of the meeting, was just there to support Marc. So he went on talking while I frantically tried to take the crap out of this sweater. Afterwards I was walking down the hall and one of the guys laughed at me and said "Lactating!" (uh yah, that's about where the stain was). Cute.

Our new lady arrived today. She's in from Calgary for two weeks to learn the very key job of someone who's leaving in two weeks, and then will do the job from Calgary. Cool huh? But the BEST part is that she's smart, sweet, nice, has a few of the quirky interests that I have (we both knock on wood ALL THE TIME--with me it's a reflex), both of us love the ocean and ocean life, and we're (all) smart asses with a warm side. She fit right in, everyone likes her and pitched in to orient her. She expressed interest in our profession, which really made me feel good. Told her of course I'd train her, gladly.

I.love.these.guys.

Had more cooking to do when I got home. Grilled chicken that had been marinating, then grilled more chicken for lunch (I make 2 oz chicken sandwiches. They're tiny but the chicken's been marinated usually), then cooked the shrimp leftover from yesterday's sort of gumbo/creole thing. Most of the recipes are experiments that I've collected from the Net. The soup one worked (lentil & carrot soup). Much better than the blah lentil recipe I'd been using. Have a LOT of recipes, just need the energy to sort through them to find a good one. Not like WC, I bet she's an awesome cook/chef.

Am taking the new lady to dinner tomorrow. She's here all by herself, want to make sure she has some company at least one or two of the nights that she's here.

Missed M being at work (he's nice to chat with/to) and when I called him on the phone tomorrow (to let him know what he's up for, meetings etc.) he sounded so down. Got him to laugh tho. Can't remember how, but it worked. Could have been having an argument with the wife I guess. She has kind of a list of stuff to be done, and it's hard to be incapacitated AND ummm have activities suggested to you while you're laid up.

That's pretty much it. Day 1 of eating less junk worked. Am taking this one hour at a time, like quitting smoking.

Would love to retire and be a beach bum. Honest guys, I could do that. Nooooooo problem. As long as pizza delivery is somewhere nearby.

Ahhhh. Well, enjoy your evening, I"m off to dream about sunny warm beaches....Bridg

5 Comments:

  • At 2/13/2006 11:15:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    I actually hated this song when it came out because it got soooooo much airtime and it became annoying. Haven't heard it in years.

    Glad you're still cooking up a storm! I'd send you food through the mail if I could, you know! But I'm sure you're doing just fine. If you need any advice you know where I am, and you know I have a food blog, too, right?

     
  • At 2/14/2006 05:43:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    I always hated this song too WC!

    Come here for the summer Bridg. We live a mile from a beach. PLUS we have all this cool, gym stuff going on. We'll be going up and down ladders with sanders, cans of paint and caulk guns. By the end of the day we've used every muscle in our bodies. Then we have a homecooked balanced dinner. You can even have your own ladder and paintbrush.
    I keep trying to sell this idea to all the gals that go to Curves. It is a FREE alternative. ;)

     
  • At 2/14/2006 08:44:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    Happy Valentines Day Bridget :) Stay out of trouble.

     
  • At 2/14/2006 11:21:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    WC and Tshsmom, I got sick of this song too at that time but now I like it. The fellow who wrote/recorded it died didn't he recently (bearing in mind what 'recently' means to us ancient folks). WC you will be the first person I turn to for kitchen probs. Am doing OK and yes have visited ReTorte...am usually too hungry to cook anything after reading it. Really! It was really sweet of you to think of sending food via mail!! (((hugs)))

    Tshsmom, I am the world's most gullible person and THAT's how I wind up dating the guys I do. That newfangled gym idea sounds like fun especially if beer is added into the mix!

    DMJ, A very happy Valentine's Day to you too sweetie!! MWAH!!

    Bridg

     
  • At 2/15/2006 03:28:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    You'll work for beer? You're HIRED! I'll even let the dog sleep in your room.

    LMAO about "recently"! My boss and I have learned to add 5 yrs anytime we discuss how long ago something happened.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home