Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Cracklin' Rosie

Hi world!!

Well clearly the cold is going, going, gone. M was in today but his eyes were so damn sad. He'd had a rough weekend with his volunteer job (chief financial officer long distance for some math-challenged types), pressures at home and coping with the stress of the new job and hurt foot. But he was fine when we went home tonight (8:00). Can tell when something's wrong and unfortunately I have this awful tendency to want to make things right. Even when it's none of my business. But M is also a friend, a very good one, and I hate seeing friends or anyone I care about in pain. So glad that we 'talked' it out.

Of course that meant his getting home late on VD, which probably wasn't the brightest idea going. Rescheduled dinner with K to Thursday.

MAN she is good. So is A. We had a meeting today to deal with some operational database issues. Got settled in 15 minutes but everyone felt like yakking so we did. There was so much laughing that the guy in the office next door came over and said he was insulted that we hadn't invited him. So did folks on the other side of the office. A just charged in, settled who'd do what by when. WOW I was so damn proud of her. All of her own initiative. It's was fantastic to see someone who'd been so crushed by previous management spring into life and do a great job.

K was a little worried about being named the leader of her function in our group. So we agreed that A and K are interchangeable, K is the lead, and none of us including M and I will let anyone get into trouble.

Earlier in the day, A and K gave M and I the best briefing (2.5 hours' worth) on the database. It helped so damn much. They did a fabulous job, and M and I got into a bit of teaching of the two of them about our field (the two do go together). There's nothing more satisfying that teaching smart, quick and very interested folks. ALL of us were thrilled after that meeting.

OK back to home stuff....Sis is quite sick. Has been off of work for the last 8 days with stabbing headaches. She's on antibiotics--Bactin (1500 mgs/day) and pain meds--naproxen at 1500 mgs/day. That naproxen dose is unreal, and it doesn't provide any relief from the pain either (at THAT dose??). She switched to Tylenol for migraines and it's sort of helping. Has had a big sinus infection, which I hope is the only cause of her headache. Is going to the doctor again tomorrow and he's arranging for a CT scan. Very worried about Sis. She also works for *ssholes (you know, Dances With Wolves? Poor Sis is Works For *ssholes). Mom on the other hand is great. Sis dropped by, sick as she was today, to give Mom VD chocolates and a card. Isn't that terrific?

So that's all the news that's fit to print, folks. Fortunately NCIS was on late tonight so I got to see it (hope you did too DMJ) despite getting home from work at 8:30. Still doing well on not eating anything but healthy home food. Oh. Did try to make garlic shrimp and peas. But the peas had been in my freezer for years (really) and were little, caved in and looked very sad. Into the garbage went the peas. But the rest of it tasted fine.

I'm learning, I'm learning!! Geez does this mean that you can't freeze beef for years either?

Hmmmmmmmm

Night world! Bridg

5 Comments:

  • At 2/15/2006 01:22:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    Ummm...meat, 6 months tops. Breads etc., 3 months tops. Veg. 6 months tops, too, depending. All providing they're in well sealed bags or containters. Freezer burn is nasty.

    Anyhow....Happy belated V-Day. I didn't do the rounds yesterday for reasons I'm sure you're aware of. I am stiff and sore today, though.

    Have a good one!

     
  • At 2/15/2006 03:16:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    NCIS was on LATER?! Damn! I got POd when I saw Price is Right, so I turned off the TV. Tell me it was a rerun.

     
  • At 2/15/2006 07:54:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thank you WC, you just made all kinds of room in my freezer...Congrats on the move, hope your stiffness goes away very soon..

    Tshsmom it was sooo freakin' puzzling to see TPIR on TV I just flipped ahead on the cable thingie to see when NCIS had been on. Was delighted to see the 10:00 time. It was the one about the conceited guy (forget his name) and the new girl pretending to be married contract killers (a repeat).

     
  • At 2/15/2006 08:56:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Damn, I haven't seen that one! Stupid Bob Barker!

     
  • At 2/16/2006 08:10:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    tshsmom, totally agree. How about sending the jerk a nasty e mail (can you imagine...???!!)

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home