Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

You're So Vain/Dumb

Hey world how are you tonight? Is it as warm where you are as it is here? We are having the freakiest weather.....it's above zero now. Lots of ice....

Today work was even worse than yesterday (didn't think that was possible). Two mix ups about who is doing what, computer systems refusing to delete meetings, 9 versions stored of one document of which 8 were blank, and the computer froze every time I tried to read one of them.

Lovely.

And the work is piling up very fast. The kids are keeping up with it, bless their hearts. The problem is that there is only one of me to teach and at the same time I'm taking over some very complicated and screwed-up things. How can I teach four people and learn the tricky stuff at the same time? Yah right.

M, I and Marc were in an 'animated discussion' (read: argument between Bridg and M with Marc as an innocent bystander) today. Lou came in with yet another thing to be done that needed some thought (mine) added to it. I looked at her and said "I quit!", only half kidding. M jumped in and said "Oh no you don't. You're not leaving me here!". Marc is laughing his ass off. Anyway we cleared things up but that's what it's been like.

Not that it's a bad office, it isn't. There is just too much to be done at the same time. And NBG likes to keep his hand in the details. That's right, there is NO control and everyone's doing the tekkie work. This.is.fun. NOT.

Oh well, sooner or later we'll either get used to it or leave.

We are getting stuff done. Good stuff. It's just not only in one field, and it's ummm about 100 times faster than we're used to. But people are happy with us/the approach.

Want to hear something funny? I think that NBG thinks that I am genuinely (maybe too) nice to people. I am not. I'm polite, very facilitating, but if someone is giving me an unduly hard time, being a bully, or is just plain stupid, I'm the last person they'd want to be around! Pauly says that I don't suffer fools gladly. M says that I let stupid people know that they're being stupid. NBG says that I'm a lot more patient than he is.

Why did this come up? I"ve inherited two ladies who are both very willing and bright from EW. They've been micromanaged, insulted beyond bearing, and bad-mouthed by Evil Witch to her boss, NBG. I've told NBG that I like both of them and that they're worth keeping (they've both been kept on temporary status for at least 6 months, partly to have some element of 'control' over them. Isn't that despicable?). NBG checked with M as to whether I really like them or not, and his own views of them. Now, if they're as incompetent as EW said that they were, why did she keep them on for months? Yah right. If they were stupid, I'd be the first person to say so. This is kind of funny and kinda sick.

OK enough for one night. For some reason, The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe will NOT shut up tonight, so I have to go. Will visit tonight or tomorrow.....Bridg

9 Comments:

  • At 1/19/2006 09:15:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    Crazy work stuff, CRAZzZzZzZzZzZyyyy I say :)

     
  • At 1/19/2006 10:40:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    crazy is definitely the word for it, Jack!!

    5 years to go.....

     
  • At 1/20/2006 07:08:00 AM, Blogger BlondGirl said…

    Sometimes I think we work in the same office. My boss started giving me crap the other day because I needed to go to a doctor's appointment at 10:00 in the morning and he wanted me to come in before my appointment. I thought was being unreasonable and told him so (I live right near the doctor, I would have had to get to the office and leave 30 minutes later to get to the doctor). He started whining about how I had been out so much lately and I reminded him that I had worked for him for a long time, I had lots of vacation and sick time and was using time that I had coming to me.

    So next time I need to go to a doctor's appointment, and there will be a next time, I will use a vacation or sick day and take the whole day off.

    Just because he doesn't have a life doesn't mean that I don't. What a jerk.

    Whoa! I feel much better! Thanks for listening.......

     
  • At 1/20/2006 09:36:00 AM, Blogger Casually Me said…

    Fight the good fight...but at the end of the day...work is just to feed our bellies, addictions, and keep the damn ed taxman happy. Work means so little on the grand scale of things...of course then why is so much of life preparing for it...doing it...and complaining about it..good questions...and I have no answers..lol

     
  • At 1/20/2006 12:00:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    You're NOT nice? WTF?

     
  • At 1/20/2006 12:55:00 PM, Blogger lime said…

    well in this day and age, basic politeness is awfully nice. btw, finally took the tag at HOL

     
  • At 1/20/2006 03:31:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    LMAO, Bridg is TOO nice?! hehe, hoho, giggle, snicker Oops, sorry, ahem. I'm all better now.
    You must really like and respect NBG, or he would have seen she-wolf Bridg by now.

     
  • At 1/21/2006 12:14:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Crystal,I would have done exactly the same thing. Only would have had the dr. give me a certificate on top of that. Some guys really need to understand where jobs fit into lives....Am ALWAYS here to listen!

    CM wish I did have answers too. One right now is to start doing something about exercise. THis is just not tolerable at this point for me (and that stupid treadmill downstairs). That at least will give me a non-work focus....oh yah and blogging!!!

    WC, lol!! I am, I mean that NBG thinks I'm TOO nice. Never met anyone I couldn't get along with, etc. so that if he asks if a person is worth keeping I"d never say no. HA!! If someone's useless/in the wrong job, I'd say so. Nicely, and would find them something else too, but wouldn't be shy about people in the wrong jobs.

    Lime, I so totally agree. I LOVE courteous folks, especially men. It isn't all that common and I soooo miss it. Am checking out the tag....!

    See, tshsmom, you know me best. And that's right. I do like and respect him. Definitely act differently with him--he just commands a different kind of reaction. But then, the man is no dummy. At the last place, some idiot female attacked a guy (Marc) I was training. "She-wolf" would be a great description of how I reacted, let me tell you. They wound up getting rid of that woman too.


    Bridg

     
  • At 1/21/2006 11:50:00 AM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    She-wolf is a good thing, Bridg. I should know! ;)

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home