Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Spamalot!

Just felt like a Monty Python day, world. Woke up and for the first time since I"ve been sick, it was miserable weather. Weather warnings, in fact. ICE/FREEZING flipping rain. OK got into work early. As in good parking spot, as in that never happens but what the hell.

NBG is going nuts giving out orders (and I mean orders). M is not in and is very late. His usual is 9:30. Today he wasn't in at 10:15. Oops. At least there weren't any meetings. But lots of stuff flying around. Yes still have the f'in cold--the sinus part anyway. And meetings up the ying-yang. NBLady is back. She wanted M's office (remember, he's colossally late?) and was sitting in it. So we chatted until he got in and then I helped him move to Ice Queen's office. Ice Queen is gone on assignment until June.

NBL mentioned that NBG thinks that I was getting frazzled like she did. He thinks it's workload. It isn't. He is doing my job and M's job and NOT doing HIS job. That is what is freaking/stressing me out. Key decisions aren't being made, hence we are directionless. NBL is looking to leave (prospective bosses are calling her). Frankly I"m torn. I love the kids, like the field of work but can't stand being ordered to do things.

Am sure that NBG has no idea of what he's doing to people.

Have to find a way to talk to this to him. M can't do it, they don't have a relationship yet. Plus he's more prone to listen to women. Honest.

So leaving THAT aside, bought Kleenex, more Coricidin and a few odds and ends of food on the way home, got the car full of gas and washed it.

The.garage.door.is.broken.

Really.

There's an expression in French that doesn't quite cut it in English: Il ne manquaient que ca. It was missing ONLY THAT (sort of like 'that's the last straw').

Most repair places didn't answer their phones. One did, could come fastest tomorrow mid a.m. Yah right that's gonna go over well at work. Called another guy, he came right away and just left (2 hours' work) and charged $90. Low by local standards. He did a lot more than I asked him to and gave me great door maintenance advice.

Still have to go back there tomorrow, though. Ain't looking forward to it. Kinda like report card day.

Sigh.

Tell me that one of you had a great day????

Bridg

10 Comments:

  • At 1/30/2006 10:06:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    Wow, that repairman was very kind. It's all about good karma!

    I am sick, too, but with what I'm not sure...

     
  • At 1/30/2006 11:55:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Wasn't he kind? HOpe you feel better fast, WC....feeling down is really no fun.....

     
  • At 1/31/2006 05:15:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Why don't we ever get sick when we have a good supply of kleenex on hand?
    Garage doors are a bugger! I would gladly pay that much to get one repaired.

     
  • At 1/31/2006 06:38:00 PM, Blogger greatwhitebear said…

    does uneventful day = good one? if so, I had a good one! Sorry about yours.

     
  • At 1/31/2006 07:06:00 PM, Blogger lime said…

    i had a kid who stayed home from school puking. sorry i can't tell ya i had a great day

     
  • At 1/31/2006 08:59:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    My sympathies, Lime. Puking kids are the worst!

     
  • At 1/31/2006 09:14:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Oh poor Lime! You win, poor you! Hope the kid(s) get better without you/hubby catching it.

    GWB, yep that sure counts as a good day!!

    Tshsmom, I did have 3 spare Kleenex boxes so can't really complain. Wasn't that a great rate for the garage door??? I"m still in shock. What a sweetheart that guy was.

    Bridg

     
  • At 2/01/2006 04:09:00 AM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Ou et mi plume? and Je suis un artist are the only things I remembered from French class. I took Spanish.

     
  • At 2/01/2006 07:48:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    ZS wish I'd learned Spanish. It is not the same as French and I felt like an idiot in Mexico/Cuba not being fluent....

    Love languages. My parents started using French words when we were kids because we learned to spell really young (so they'd say 'gateau' instead of c-a-k-e). Guess we got used to it fast...Bridg

     
  • At 2/01/2006 08:04:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    p.s. Zombieslayer, I just realized where I got that French phrase from. Agatha Christie's books--the Hercule Poirot series. He was always sighing that phrase....

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home