Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Rogers SUCKS!!!

Hey world happy Saturday night!!

It's (guess what) snowing here still but little stuff. Adding up to 10 cm which the snowplow guys will of course ignore.

Sigh.

Had a wonderful dream last night that I was on a date with a much younger guy (that was not the good part) and that for some reason we had to drop into a physics lab at a university on this date. The prof turned out to be Robert Redford, who knew me and kept hitting on me and damn if it didn't (finally) work.

That's all I remember. No really sexy stuff but hmmmmm. Hope I have THAT dream again!! So many of them seem to take place in universities. Maybe I should have paid more attention (gone to class) when I was there in the first place?

Mom got into trouble with her phone today. She kept her Rogers account (bad move) when I switched back to Bell months ago. Although she paid her bill through her bank, Rogers said that she hadn't and cut her outgoing service off. For a 77 year old heart attack and stroke survivor, this is NOT funny/good. No one knew until I called at 2:30 to see how she was doing. Frig. So now she's moving back to Bell and of course Bell doesn't have weekend hours (sigh again) so I filled out an application to transer her service to Bell over the Web. Thank God for the Web and cell phones (Mom has one that I bought her. Of course it wasn't charged but is now --I recharged it-- and connected a headset to it).

Sis is quite sick with yet another sinus infection and since Mom's prone to pneumonia, couldn't have helped.

Got her a pizza and stayed there to make sure she ate it (of course I did too). Also attached some of those carbon tipped thingies that you add to boots to keep you from slipping to her boots while we were waiting for the pizza.

Aging is complicated. Now I know what the Who meant when they wrote "hope I die before I get old" in My Generation (p.s. I know that they didn't mean it that way at the time). Yikes.

And Sunday (tomorrow) I'm supposed to go over there and take down all the Christmas decorations/tree/lights and try to replace all the burned out light bulbs on her outdoor fixtures which my brother has forgotten every week for a month to do.

Not. happy.

There are times when work is a holiday compared to being at home. This is one of them.

Sorry to be a bummer, world, it's just frustrating. Can't get two days in a row off ever, it seems. And the worst thing is that it's no one's fault.

Hope tomorrow's better, hope your day was MUCH better!!

Bridg

11 Comments:

  • At 1/07/2006 09:17:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    You deserve a hug for being such a great person.

     
  • At 1/07/2006 09:50:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    DMJ, you made my night--your comment WAS the hug!! Thanks so much..just what I needed....fondly, Bridg

     
  • At 1/07/2006 10:13:00 PM, Blogger ann said…

    It's tough being there for other people if you are always supposed to be there for them. Sounds as if you are carrying quite a load. I hope it feels lighter this year...

     
  • At 1/07/2006 10:14:00 PM, Blogger ann said…

    Hmm... the weird symbols were supposed to say 'always'

     
  • At 1/07/2006 10:25:00 PM, Blogger Poppy Cede said…

    You are a very good daughter. Even though you're hating it in the moment, you can look back and see how well you treated your mom. You definitely deserve a hug.

     
  • At 1/07/2006 10:51:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Ann and Poppy Cede thank you both so much. Yes it's heavy at times..just got frustrated with it today. Hope that doing good counts even when it drives you (a bit) crazy to do it nonstop. The worst of it is that at some point I won't have to do it anymore for sad reasons, and then the frustration I feel now is going to haunt me with a vengence...at least that's my theory for trying not to be frustrated. Didn't work today.

    Yes Ann, the always came out as italics!

    Thanks for the hug, Poppy Cede. Very much appreciated!!

    Bridg

     
  • At 1/08/2006 01:23:00 AM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Wow, I hope your Sunday gets better.

    So Rogers must be the competitive phone company. We have Pac Bell (now SBC) and used to have MCI. Hated MCI. I hate to see phone companies screw over people. Geez, I hope your mother and sister get better.

     
  • At 1/08/2006 01:30:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks ZS, me too!!! Just that time of year or a wrinkle in the universe, I guess!

    Am not nuts about getting out of bed tomorrow!!!

    Hope your day was better?

    Bridg

     
  • At 1/08/2006 01:41:00 AM, Blogger Doughboy said…

    Glad you are their to take care of her. I am sure that she appreciates it and that you feel good for doing it.

     
  • At 1/08/2006 08:35:00 AM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    I understand. Every day we do what we gotta do. We homeschool; you take care of your Mom. The load is often unbearably heavy, but we know that the alternative is worse. In the long run the rewards outweigh the drudgery. Thank God for our sympathetic friends in the blogworld! Love ya!

    ZS, I swear that Satan is the CEO of MCI!

     
  • At 1/08/2006 12:30:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thank you Doughboy, I know she does and I do (generally). Just gets to me sometimes.

    Tshsmom, you are the best! I'm sorry (as you are) for our mutual drugery, but you're right, it's a zillion times better than the alternative. Also agree re blogfriends, my brain would have fried a long time ago without them/you.

    Love ya too!!

    Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home