Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

No More Cloudy Days

Eagles
No More Cloudy Days
courtesy of:http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=%22I+believe+in+second+chances.+I+believe+in+angels+too%22&meta=

Sitting by a foggy window
Staring at the pouring rain
Falling down like lonely teardrops
Memories of love in vain
These cloudy days, make you wanna cry
It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don't know why
I can see that you've been hurting, maybe I've been lonely too
I've been out here lost and searching, looking for a girl like you
Now I believe the sun is gonna shine
Don't you be afraid to love again, put your hand in mine?
Baby, I would never make you cry
I would never make you blue
I would never let you down
I would never be untrue
I know a place we can go where true love always stay
There's no more stormy nights, no more cloudy days
I believe in second chances
I believe in angels, too
I believe in new romances
Baby, I believe in you
These cloudy days are coming to an end
And you don't have to be afraid to fall in love again
Baby, I would never make you cry
I would never make you blue
I would never turn away
I would never be untrue
I know a place we can go where true love always stays
There's no more stormy nights, no more cloudy days

Just heard this song on the way home (through a MONSTER snowfall BTW) and LOVE it. Very pretty song.

How are you world? Man it's hard going back to work, even to a job and boss I adore, after 11 days off. But it was damn nice to see M and the kids when I got back to work. And they missed me too!

Sigh. This is wonderful. NBG is off till Friday, till then the Queen of Mean (EW), who's acting for NBG, is being ....herself. Which is not pleasant, but then fish don't fly (what do you expect?).

Wore the 'internet boots' (the ones I ordered through the Net) for the first time today and MAN are they COOL (I mean great not cold). Fit, really the nicest-looking boots I've ever had and the tread is unreal (good). Very happy. They're Soloman's (the ski binding guys).

This'll be short because there are a lot of comments to go through. Love you guys, keep the comments coming in....stay safe tonight!

Bridg

13 Comments:

  • At 1/04/2006 09:14:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    I love monster snowfalls, the types where when you step outside, the silence just overwhelms you. Like a heavy peacefulness resting upon your shoulders. Of course, if you have to drive, then it sucks. But the boots help (photos please).

     
  • At 1/04/2006 09:19:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    I like monster snowfalls too, especially the big snowflake ones. The snow kind of 'pats' your face and you can actually hear them touch you if it's quiet enough....OK photos of boots to come....

    Bridg

     
  • At 1/04/2006 09:34:00 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    I'm so jealous of your monster snowfall... I'm in Australia, it's summer right now but even in winter it only snows on the mountains. The boots sound awesome, isn't it great when you find something like that that just suits you so well?

     
  • At 1/04/2006 09:57:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Heather, what's your address? I'm packing up the stuff right now...am dying for summer...

    Yes it's rare to find a good fit that looks good and doesn't cost $300+ (the going rate in O town for decent boots)...Bridg

     
  • At 1/04/2006 10:01:00 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    Haha, we should do a swap, with the grass always being greener and all that. From bushfires to blizzards... sounds great!

    (Oh, and $300 for a pair of boots?! That's criminal... you could go on a holiday for less!)

     
  • At 1/04/2006 10:49:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    That was so poetic DMJ!
    I especially love it at night; the silence is like a cocoon. Bridg is right, you CAN hear the flakes hit.

    You've been getting WAY too much heat in Oz for my taste, Heather!

     
  • At 1/04/2006 11:44:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Snow? Oh yeah, that white stuff that we drive to. ;)

     
  • At 1/05/2006 01:07:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    heather that swap idea is great!!
    tshsmom glad you knew what I was talking about...and Zomb, you actually drive into this stuff? On purpose?

    hmmmmm

     
  • At 1/05/2006 08:34:00 AM, Blogger saby said…

    truly beautiful words and tots
    u must be beautiful too





    by the way
    my dad had balls too

    http://imnutsincaps.blogspot.com/2005/11/dad-had-balls-of-steel-and-heart-of.html

     
  • At 1/05/2006 09:25:00 AM, Blogger lime said…

    that is a great song. snowy dirves are fine as long as there aren't a bunch of idiots out who dunno how to be safe on the roads. i most love to walk when it snows at night, the muffled calm is so peaceful

     
  • At 1/05/2006 11:06:00 AM, Blogger flea said…

    were supposed to get the remainder of the storm that you got later today. uck.

    although we could use some more snow, i just hate driving in it....a good song does help though (just wish my damn radio would start working again...)

     
  • At 1/05/2006 04:14:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    I am NOT jealous of your monster snowfall. I am in Van where it is 11 degrees! Trying not to rub it in, though...

    Hope your back to work has been OK.

     
  • At 1/05/2006 06:59:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks Saby and I liked your posts too! don't understand why the site's X rated but I only looked around a little.

    Lime, totally agree that the worst part of snow is bad drivers. You know those 'back of the head' slaps that Gibbs gives out on NCIS? I'd love to be in charge of doing that to bad drivers....

    Flea, you'll love it if you get this snow. Tricky driving sort of, but no big deal.

    WC I am so jealous of you!!! Love those wonderful huge plants in Van..and the rainforests in the nearby areas, and the aboriginal shops, and Granville street...and the aquarium and Englishman Bay and Stanley park and man I"m homesick for a place I've never lived! Thanks, return to work's been tricky. Have not managed to get to sleep before 3, but that's better than what I was doing over the week off (4, 5, 6). Love menopause ;(

    Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home