Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Nausea, Heartburn, Upset Stomach...Hey Pepto Bismol!

Don't you believe it world, the lifesaver is Imodium! Not that the nonsense has gone away but at least it's sort of under control.

Thank you all so very much for your good wishes, and in Zombieslayer's case, for the pun (bummer)!!

Spent the last few days dragging myself through work (took Monday off) and no I'm not getting THEM sick, they got ME sick but what the hey we're pretty much all related anyway! There is more work than anyone knows what to do with. Could not understand why NBG is giving us such specific direction until I realized tonight that he's never had managers to deal with before (our colleagues and predecessors are nice folks but not really managing/making decisions--he's had to do it all).

NBL is coming back on Friday but not as boss. M is trading offices with someone else and will profit by the deal, and I"m moving closer to him/the gang (my office is large but far away from them now). It kind of creeps me out, him being in NBL's office (I keep being worried that cancer is catching somehow. It probably isn't and this defies reason, but I can't help it. No she doesn't have cancer, her daughter does). So this is good all around.

Get this--Evil Witch drove one of her staff (now my staff) nuts working on a project. It's being done about as incorrectly as you can do that kind of work, and someone nominated EW for an award for this sh*t!! That's right! Not the person who's being yelled at all the time trying to get the work actually done, but the one who told her to do it the wrong way. Amazing.

Restores your faith in bureaucracy, doesn't it? No, NBG had nothing to do with it. He's angry about it, because it's part of her everyday work.

It iced overnight. Driving in was a treat. Left an hour early, actually the driving part was fine. The PARKING LOT, however, was another thing entirely. Swear that some idiot kept watering it all night, and it's built on a slope. No salt on it this morning either. Glad I got in early, didn't have far to walk.

Finally got laundry, dusting, polishing and even some vacuuming done over the last few days (energy came and went, mostly went) and right now feel like there's a boulder in my tummy (have not eaten yet). Whatever this is, hope you all escape it. Yuk.

And kept dreaming about work. Double yuk. I mean, if you can't be racy/imaginative in dreams sheesh......

Mom's doing just fine, Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe is very happy (thrilled to bits when I'm home), Sis is OK but overworked too. That CAT is almost human. She was 'gazing with disfavour' on her ultra expensive good cat food the other night. I saw that and said 'if you eat this now, I'll give you your old food for your next meal'. Damn if she didn't sit down and gobble it right up.

Weeeeird.

Don't talk to me about brothers for a while. I realize that some of you out there ARE brothers, that's OK. Mine I"m a little steamed at but it'll pass.

Will visit tonight and tomorrow to catch up on all your doings....

Missed you guys!!!

(((((sanitized for your safety hugs)))))), Bridg

3 Comments:

  • At 1/18/2006 08:40:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    No, no, no, no!!! You can't dream about work. That is way to involved. Get your sub-conscious mind back in the gutter. Don't leave me here all alone.

    P.S. Glad you are feeling better :)

     
  • At 1/19/2006 07:22:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    I'm with DMJ! Work dreams are way too frustrating!
    Bet you were glad you had the new boots on all that #$%^& ice!

     
  • At 1/19/2006 07:28:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    DMJ, OK you are absolutely right! Back to the gutter I go!!!

    Tshsmom, lol...yes was glad to have the boots. Not glad to be at work!

    only5 more years till retirement...

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home