Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Last Train To London

Electric Light Orchestra
Last Train To London
courtesy of http://lyrics.rare-lyrics.com/E/Electric-Light-Orchestra.html
It was 9-29,9-29 back street big city.
The sun was going' down,there was music all around
It felt so right.
It was one of those nights,
one of those nights when you feel the world stop turnin',
you were standing
There, there was music in the air.I should have been
Away,but I knew I'd have to stay.
CHORUS
Last train to London,
just headin' out,
Last train to London,
just leavin' town.
But I really want tonight to last forever
I really wanna be with you.
Let the music play on down the line tonight.

It was one of those nights,
one of those nights whenYou feel the fire is burnin',
everybody was there,
Everybody to share,
it felt so right.
There you were on your own,
lookin' like you wereThe only one around,
I had to be with you,
Nothin' else that I could do,
I should have been away,
but I knew I'd have to say.

Repeat Chorus
Underneath a starry sky,
time was still but hours
Must really have rushed by,
I didn't realize
But love was in your eyes
I really should have
Gone,but love went on and on...Repeat Chorus


Hi world how are you?! Voice is still raw but doing OK here. WAAAAY outa control at work but am getting used to it. Now I know how mommies can calmly drink tea in the midst of kid-bedlam. That, folks, is pretty much my job, with much older babies who control my income. But it's all good.

Got lots done today and won't bore ya with the details. Much laughing/teasing was done. It is great to see the kids opening up and learning (man they're fast) and even the ones who DON'T work with us are becoming more fun types too.

Hey here is a good one. It's NBG's birthday (and another of the guys' bd too) on Monday. I noticed that and spread the word. Lou, crazy lady that she is, decided to have us all go to a restaurant and meet M and NBG there. The official reason to get NBG to go to the restaurant (it'll be a surprise) is that M has a personal problem to discuss with him and it has to be out of the building (NBG HATES touchy-feely stuff). This is gonna be good. We were killing ourselves laughing about the little hints about this 'meeting' that we're going to drop for the next few days. Like that it should be outside of the work building at the request of the staff. Things like that. If you have any ideas let me know before Friday, OK?

Man I"d hate to have me for an employee. Brat. All three of us.

Have any of you out there, btw, tried watching DVD's of kids' movies? I bought Cinderella, and turned it off after five minutes of the cat trying to get the mice. Guess I'm a grouchy grownup?

Hope you caught NCIS, it was great tonight!

Tons of hugs, Bridg

8 Comments:

  • At 2/01/2006 04:08:00 AM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    I bought Cinderella, and turned it off after five minutes of the cat trying to get the mice. Guess I'm a grouchy grownup?

    Cinderella wasn't one of the better ones. In fact, I saw it recently and didn't like it.

    Of the old ones I really liked, it would be Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan. And no, I wasn't high when I saw Alice in Wonderland, but I thought it was hilarious.

     
  • At 2/01/2006 11:47:00 AM, Blogger greatwhitebear said…

    I did see NCIS, it was great! I really love the gal who plays the Goth forensics scientist. She is so cute! It was one of the most original plots I have seen on a TV show in a long time!

    Then the preznit runied my night by preempting LOVE MONKEY. I hate it when the networks preempt programming for a presidential speech. After all, anyone who really wants to see it can watch it on PBS.

     
  • At 2/01/2006 06:41:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Bridg, try Finding Nemo, Shrek, or The Incredibles. Cinderella wasn't my favorite either. Like ZS said, there's a lot of good classic Disney movies too. L and I wind up watching the old kid's movies more than Z does.

    GWB, I always thought that Abby on NCIS should get together with Greg on CSI. ;)

     
  • At 2/01/2006 06:50:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    beautiful new blog girl!

    as far as kids movies .. Finding Nemo is the best!!

    (( hugs ))

     
  • At 2/01/2006 07:16:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    I don't like kids movies myself. I hate Disney. I make an exception for Wallace and Grommit, though.

     
  • At 2/01/2006 07:17:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    BTW, Bridg: I took you up on your suggestion to indulge in Doritos and chocolate last night. YUM! Thanks!

    I saw First Wives Club when it came out, but I think I should re-rent it.

     
  • At 2/01/2006 07:45:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Did I ever mention that I LOVE YOU GUYS?

    Well I do. Just thought it needed saying.

    ZS, tshsmom, Raven and WC thanks for the tips on kids movies. Will try Nemo. Started re-reading fairy tales a few years ago. Was pretty startled with some of the stuff I was (re) reading, and wondered what re-watching movies would be like. Did any of you ever watch the Rocky And Bullwinkle Show? Their Fratured Fairy Tales were so damn cynical and adult, I just can't believe that we kids got that stuff.

    But I digress.

    GWB, Abby is my fave character next to Mark H too. I identify SO MUCH with her it isn't funny. NO am not goth but her attitude is me to a T. Guess that's true for most of us, huh? Totally agree about preempting time. Thank heavens I crashed right after blogging.

    Tshsmom, hey I like Greg! Maybe Abby and I could split him with the other zillion females .....

    TY Raven!!! very glad and relieved to hear from you too! Thanks for the Nemo tip!

    WC Normally I"m not a Disney movie fan (post Walt. Walt's brain...oh boy wish I had one like it) either. Glad you liked my fave combo (tee hee hee!). The First Wives Club is definitely worth watching more than once. The chemistry among those three women is great and the way that they get 'revenge' in a constructive way is even better.

    Great Big Hugs, Bridg

     
  • At 10/29/2006 02:11:00 AM, Blogger superclosetnerd said…

    I can't believe this. I set out to get some ideas on my new site.. you know themes, color, layout, etc.... and I can't believe how much stuff I've found looking around. I'm liking some of the stuff I see here... some good ideas at least. I'm not sure if I want to go with normal blue underlined links or if I want an entire theme of colors for all of the text and the links too. Anyway, nice page, it gave me something to chew on. If anyone actually sees this and feels like it, you can check out my site. fireplace candelabra

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home