Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Kiss On My List

Hi world, hope you're OK wherever you may be...

Well, yesterday I typed something about no snow. So today it sunned, rained, freezing rained, then snowed, then winds began--it was hard to hold the car on the road (it's a new Civic, but a pretty big one). The wind blew the gas cap off of my car and it was resting at the rear windshield-trunk junction (pretty protected area).

Meant to stay at home relaxing but realized that I"ve got a LOT of laminations that have been overdue for two weeks. Got the most important ones today (the place is not open on Sunday) and MAN they did a beautiful job. Bashed the bathroom wall good when I put one up but will fix (sigh) 'later'. Also needed to go to Sears for unmentionables. I can always find what I want there although I can't stand the store and the parking lot is downright scary (seniors and others closing their eyes and flooring the accelerator is not my definition of 'fun'). Anyway, got in and out with a fair bit of pain (lines for checkouts were unreal--VERY long). Turns out it's 50% off weekend and half the population of O town is in Sears. The poor salesclerks.

Got SOME house-ish work done (downstairs dusting, polishing, plant watering). Next is upstairs but that'll be tomorrow if the laminations don't bonk me on the head overnight. Got groceries so will also cook tomorrow. Got car filled with gas too (the scary light came on and it took forever to find a gas station). Need to wash it though, the poor thing looks like a racing car with all the salt water streaks on it.

Usually do cooking on the weekends, when I have the most energy. Then freeze it. Problem is that I am always trying new recipes and don't label them (the food when it's cooked, I mean). So am never too sure what the really good ones are lol. Actually most of them are pretty good.

Have any of you seen pics of Star Jones lately? She's lost 150 pounds! Won't say how but man does she look infinitely better. http://conversationsfamouspeople.blogspot.com/2005/04/star-jones-is-looking-rather-slender.html

Hmmm inspiring (a bit).

Getting sleepy...off to blog hop. Hope you liked the humor, found it irresistable!!
Nighty night world
Bridg

3 Comments:

  • At 1/15/2006 02:39:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    Ok, what is a lamination? Is that a Canadian picture frame?

     
  • At 1/15/2006 09:29:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    ha ha ha! Lamination is gluing a poster/picture onto a solid surface like a block of (usually painted) wood or styrofoam. Laminated pictures are not usually framed, but if the surface used is thin enough (e.g. styrofoam) they can be framed later on.

    Have you ever seen pictures on a block of wood hanging on the wall? That's a lamination.

     
  • At 1/17/2006 11:09:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    150 pounds? I weigh 150 pounds. I can't imagine losing 150 pounds (I wouldn't exist).

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home