Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

And Now We Return You to Our Regularly-Scheduled Program

Heh heh heh bet you thought the title would be "And Now For Something Completely Different", right world?

Back to the normal stuff.....took today off. Glad I did, given the other night's non-sleep until 6 a.m. Had a normal night's sleep (i.e. started around 2 a.m., woke up at 10:30). Good thing I got up when The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe insisted on it, because the FedEx guys showed up with boots that I ordered over the Internet (YAY!!) half an hour later, followed by a call from M from the office. Not that there was trouble at work, he had a question or two that was easily handled.

Then got to read two days' worth of newspapers, spend time petting/spoiling TMSCITU, put up a suet pack I'd been meaning to put out for a week, pick up some groceries and leave some photos for 'blowing up' (and laminating if they turn out OK--for the office). Did this at Costco. Have never used their photo place before, so we'll see how well it turns out.

Then it was 4:00 and here we are. Not much accomplished except some fine relaxing.

Don't know if I mentioned it in this blog before but the stores in O town basically suck. It's hard to find decent shoes or boots (or much else if you're female). My sister's partner, Rosie, recently told me about ordering clothes via the Internet. She found really choice clothes at bargain prices even including the exchange. Thought I'd try it with boots and BOY did I luck out. Am estatic. Tried to tip the FedEx guy and he wouldn't let me. I think those boots got here in less than a week. Not.too.shabby.

And it's NCIS night YAY!!!

Mom's doing just fine. Seems to have recovered from the too much wine episode of New Year's Day. Whew.

Off to medicate my headache. Thanks to all who responded to yesterday's post, that was a biggie for me.

Love y'all!!!

Bridg

11 Comments:

  • At 1/03/2006 09:02:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    I ALWAYS forget it is NCIS night until I read your site and then it is too late.....grrrr

    Long live the birds and all the joy they bring :)

     
  • At 1/03/2006 11:10:00 PM, Blogger karma said…

    you live in a place where you can buy tylenol with coddeine and caffeine for headaches for your headaches. i envy you

     
  • At 1/03/2006 11:37:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    DMJ it was a double episode tonight! The second one wasn't a rerun and was great!

    Ooops I mean it sucked. Really sucked. You didn't miss anything! ;)


    Karma, Really? There are diff formulations in different places in tylenol? Yikes. Can you order it via Internet?

    Bridg

     
  • At 1/03/2006 11:46:00 PM, Blogger bsoholic said…

    Right on! I do a bit of shopping online myself - especially this last Christmas for peops. You really can't beat it.

     
  • At 1/04/2006 12:00:00 AM, Blogger scrunch said…

    Online shopping? Looked in the living room a coupla days ago and 8 of the 10 boxes from Christmas were from Amazon. yea, tell me about online shopping

     
  • At 1/04/2006 12:08:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    bsoholic and scrunch--you guys are AHEAD of women when it comes to shopping??? WOW.


    Oh wait a minute. You were just ahead of ME.


    Ohhhhhhh

     
  • At 1/04/2006 09:25:00 AM, Blogger flea said…

    ooohhh i love online shopping. it opens up a whole new world. espically for pps like me who happen to live in the boonies!

    where did you get the boots from....interested to know what site you shop at

     
  • At 1/04/2006 02:40:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    We live in the boonies too Flea. That's why 8 out of 10 of our gifts came from Amazon. LOVE that free shipping!

     
  • At 1/04/2006 06:47:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Flea, these boots were from BackCountry through Amazon.com. I take a large size in boots (lately), size 11. So I typed in something like that (size 11 women's winter boots) into Google and this was one of the sites that came back. Also ordered from WinterFootwear.com but it hasn't arrived yet.

    Tshsmom you are soo right. Now that I've discovered a way to get better, cheaper stuff with less effort, I'm hooked.

    Bridg

     
  • At 1/04/2006 11:49:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    My wife has big feet for a woman. So she'd sympathize with having problems finding shoes and boots.

    I did find her a killer place for cowgirl boots though and got her some nice ones. wish she's wear them more often. :p

     
  • At 1/05/2006 01:10:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    ZS perhaps you have accoutrements that go with the boots? That might inspire her to put them on more often??? ;)

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home