Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

When We Dance

If you don't like lyrics, just skip the black font...I love this song.
"When We Dance" , Sting, Courtesy of: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/sting/whenwedance.html

If he loved you
Like I love you
I would walk away in shame
I'd move town
I'd change my name
When he watches you
When he counts to buy your soul
On your hand his golden rings
Like he owns a bird that sings
When we dance, angels will run and hide their wings
The priest has said my soul's salvation
Is in the balance of the angels
And underneath the wheels of passion
I keep the faith in my fashion
When we dance, angels will run and hide their wings
I'm still in love with you
[I'm gonna find a place to live
Give you all I've got to give]
When we dance, angels will run and hide their wings
When we dance, angels will run and hide their wings
If I could break down these walls
And shout my name at heaven's gate
I'd take these hands
And I'd destroy the dark machineries of fate
Cathedrals are broken
Heaven's no longer above
And hellfire's a promise away
I'd still be saying
I'm still in love
He won't love you
Like I love you
He won't care for you this way
He'll mistreat you if you stay
Come and live with me
We'll have children of our own
I would love you more than life
If you'll come and be my wife
When we dance, angels will run and hide their wings
When we dance, angels will run and hide their wings
When we dance, angels will run and hide their wings
When we dance, angels will run and hide their wings
I'm gonna love you more than life
If you will only be my wife
I'm gonna love you more than life
If you will only be my wife
I'm gonna love you night and day
I'm gonna try in every way
(I had a dream last night
I dreamt you were by my side
Walking with me baby
My heart was filled with pride
I had a dream last night)

Hola world, how are you this Sunday night?
Got all my Christmas (not holiday) shopping done. And did some for Mom too.

My.feet.are.killing.me. Boots too small I think. Ouchie. You'd think at my age I could learn to buy the right size boots but nooooooo.

Hadn't intended to do Christmas shopping, but found two things, then found some more, and presto, done! Even mailed in yet another parking fine too.

No grocery shopping but what the hey.

Did some 'ad hoc' (translation: hobby which happens to be my job anyway) work for M tonight. It got me thinking about tomorrow and THAT will keep me up all night so am trying hard to forget it.

Went to dinner with Sis, her partner, partner's kid and Mom. We had the cutest waiter, a flirty guy on top of that. He called Mom (77) "Miss". Left him a damn good tip too. I love flirting with/teasing waiters. They have awful jobs, and I hope joking around lifts their spirits even a bit. And THIS poor soul had to deal with a table full of women of all ages and sizes among us six. A great time was had by all. Just dinner.

Am very excited--got M exactly what I was looking/hoping for as a 'welcome to the new job/bye from the old job' prezzie. A Caithiness paperweight. A reeeaally nice one. Caithiness has gone out of business, so I was really really lucky to find it. This one is called 'bridal waltz'. I'm not telling him that! Chose it because it's clear, pretty (just bubbles inside--doesn't look like people but does give the impression of dance) and Caithiness (certificate and all). Very pleased that I could get one. Last time (only other time) I bought one, had to drive to Montreal to get it and that was in 1986.

Geez hope he likes paperweights.

OK off to visit your blogs and take my mind off of work. Hope it's warm, or at least that YOU are warm, safe and dry tonight.

Hugs, world...and happy tomorrow!

Bridg

2 Comments:

  • At 12/12/2005 11:25:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    My.feet.are.killing.me. Boots too small I think. Ouchie. You'd think at my age I could learn to buy the right size boots but nooooooo.

    One thing I've learned is there are very few posessions not more important than comfortable shoes and socks.

     
  • At 12/13/2005 01:24:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    You're totally right, Zombieslayer. Without those two things, life can get painful!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home