Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The Way You Look Tonight

Isn't this a pretty song, world? In the black and white, romantic, Cary Grant style? Sigh. I was born a little late, I think.

Thanks so much for all of you who commented on the Little Bro post. Hope he's OK.

Today wasn't a work day for me, and extreme sympathies to those brave souls who went into work mid-week (today).

However it was not exactly a day off.

Mom's meds ran out on Christmas Day. Being 77 and in total denial about having health issues (heart mostly), she didn't bother refilling them, neither did the nincompoop pharmacist. I left a phone refill order. The pharmacist told me that the refills had run out (so why didn't they call???) and so I called Mom's doctor and left them the same message. Needless to say, they're not thrilled with the pharmacist either. And they're not allowed/don't refill prescriptions unless they SEE the patient. So took Mom in today to see the doctor (they called me this a.m.). In addition to the refills, this (very smart) doctor also prescribed an anti-anxiety med (atavan I think or something like that. I've taken it too). As I explained it to Mom, if she wasn't on them, the rest of us would HAVE to be!!!

Dropped of dry cleaning (was on the way out of the doctor's office location).

Then we go to lunch at Cora's. Yummy. Mom cleaned her plate, which never happens, and ate quickly, which NEVER EVER happens. At least she got one good meal into her today! Since the grocery store is very close to Cora's, we did grocery shopping next.

Knees and back started giving out. How can Mom poke along like that (standing there looking for gloves, which she doesn't need inside the store) while I"m in agony? Oh well. Got the shopping done. Took forever tho.

Then off to get the super duper cat food which is very good for cats and which only one store that I know of stocks that's in the West end of O town. It's across the street from my office. Mom stayed in the car this time, so I had a much quicker time of it. Got 4 flats of cat food (man, some of this stuff has duck in it, some has venison. The little furry dears get better food than WE do!). The food's for my cat (The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe) and Mom's. My furry dear woke me up at 11:00 because she was bored. Hmmmmmmmmm. That's another story.

Had other stuff to do but by this time, well, let's put it this way, I"m on diuretics and had had 2 cups of coffee. Unloaded groceries at Mom's house and raced home.

Where I noticed: TA DA! Jery had picked up his present!!! Or someone finally stole it (sincerely hope it's the former)!!!!!

Still haven't unpacked all the groceries yet--just the cold stuff.

This probably doesn't sound like much of a day, but my knees feel like knives. Ouch. Didn't stop moving from noon until now (5:25).

Off to wrap up in a heating pad.

Love you guys!!! MWAH!

Bridg

10 Comments:

  • At 12/28/2005 05:41:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    I can sympathize about taking Mom shopping. I'm a speed grocery shopper(I HATE that job!). I'm in and out in 20 min with a week's worth of groceries. My Mom takes an hour to do the same thing. Drives me WILD!

     
  • At 12/28/2005 05:46:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Tshsmom, SO GLAD I'm not the only one, but sincere sympathies on your/our plight.

    How do they do it?

     
  • At 12/28/2005 06:19:00 PM, Blogger bsoholic said…

    Wow what a busy day, makes me glad I just sat at work. :P

     
  • At 12/28/2005 08:04:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    As you said, totally NOT a day off. When do you get to relax, girlfriend?

     
  • At 12/28/2005 08:57:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Bsoholic, I kinda missed that too lol!

    WC, I get militant tomorrow and refuse to let anyone visit or to do any errands!

    Let's hope it works ;)

     
  • At 12/28/2005 09:01:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    My Mom's a label reader. I can understand this, as my Dad is diabetic. However, she buys the same products EVERY time. How many times does she have to read the SAME label?

     
  • At 12/28/2005 09:31:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Tshsmom, guess she's keeping an eye on 'them' in case they change something?

    Better not let my mom meet yours....they'd be able to swap ideas of how to drive us nuts
    lol

     
  • At 12/28/2005 10:11:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    NO shit! ;)

     
  • At 12/28/2005 11:14:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    Sounds like a lovely juggling act. Take care of yourself and enjoy the heating pad (love those).

     
  • At 12/28/2005 11:18:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    DMJ, Thanks! I think you would have been proud of me except for the whining at the end.

    Aren't those pads GREAT??? Hope whoever invented them is in heaven or really well off. They deserve it...

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home