Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Friday, December 30, 2005

That Was The Week (Year) That Was

OK I KNOW I'm the only person in the universe who remembers that TV show. Sigh.

Was over at kimmyk's reading about last year. It got me thinking about how flippin' glad I am that 2005 is over.

In some ways it was really good. Got S into a more homey work atmosphere, got Pauly back and for a while had a real dream team: Marc, S, Pauly and me and M. OH that was a great time. If it hadn't been for Mr. B (why do I even give him capital letters?) would have been heaven. Did some very good work there, although lightening would have to hit Mr. B. for him to even recognize, much less understand, that.

Also met Issy, a real gem and Kelly (ditto). Kelly got married (silly woman).

Took a month's leave to cope with M's being pushed out of his job by the evil dwarf Mr. B. Then had to go back to that place, and got told off by that idiot (i.e. told to leave). Thank God for Pauly who sent my cv to the perfect guy...my weird background fit his needs perfectly and the timing could not have been better from both of our perspectives. So found a great new home with pretty damn fantastic folks AND more flexible work. Had a hell of a good goodbye party, with no dwarfs around at all. Wound up with a titular promotion, which I promptly got transferred to M, who is also fitting in like a glove in the new place. Met all kinds of wonder folks here and love the area of responsibility. Met the smartest guy I've ever known and really really like him (NBG).

Mom's health is improving (no repeat of last year's heart attack or pneumonia). Mine too in that have not had to use nitro until very recently and that was an emotional thing. Recovered from the tracheitis last winter. Sis and her partner are very happy and I"m glad--Rosie is fantastic. She had medical issues too this year. All behind her now. Nephews are doing well and growing into great men on their own.

Started blogging to blow off steam generated by Mom's health crisis and wound up meeting YOU guys, who I just adore. Thank you one and all for sticking with me.

No change (HA like that was going to happen!) in the dating scene, which is good. Very good. Well actually I was dating this time last year but gave it up, since all I did on dates was talk about M. And THAT situation resolved itself nicely. We can and do work together without getting derailed into dangerous areas.

Had a zillion major bucks fly out the door unexpectedly (the roof, the new car/old one died, the furnace) but so far so good.

It's been a tough or challenging year for some of the folks I hold near and dear. S's brother passed away and he had a change of marriage plans. S I'm so very sorry and hope that you are better. Mel had a change of marriage plan too. Honey I am sorry that happened to you but glad that if it had to, that it happened while you were still young enough to recover (imagine if you'd been in your 60s?). Undies too is having a tough romantic time but definitely doing the right thing, and so is WC. I'm so pround of all of you all. You are such fantastic women that I know you'll be single for a short time only.

As to the men involved: ppplllbbbbttt!!! Except in S's case, which involved a 'woman'. To quote one very attractive consultant about S's situation: "what kind of moron would let a catch like THAT (S) get away?" A moron, that's who.

(((((((hugs and love to each and every one of you)))))))))))))))))

and best of all good things for you in 2006.

Love ya,
lots,
really!

Bridg

11 Comments:

  • At 12/30/2005 12:42:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    Hugs to you, too, Bridg! And a very happy New Year!!

    You've had your share of ups and downs, too, this year and I was glad to have been reading.

     
  • At 12/30/2005 01:32:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    ME too WC, you da bestest!! Your common sense and support helped much more than I'll ever be able to describe ((((hugs))))

    Altogether now: YAY 2006!!!!!

    Bridg

     
  • At 12/30/2005 02:22:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Hey Bridget,

    Just wanted to wish you a Happy New Years! Hope to get to know you better in '06, in the meantime, thanks for the comments and the smiles. :-)

    ((((hugs))))

    Lisa

     
  • At 12/30/2005 02:27:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thank you Lisa and same right back atcha!!!

    2006 is gonna rock!!

    Love the smiles you give me too (((hugs))) Bridg

     
  • At 12/30/2005 03:45:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Yeah, we've had worse years, but 2005 has been quite interesting. We started homeschooling at the end of January. I've had pneumonia twice. Then we had to replace our bedroom floor. This one wound up for the best, as we now have a better looking bedroom AND living room!
    Let's all hope for smoother sailing in 2006.

     
  • At 12/30/2005 05:42:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    tshsmom, I'm so sorry I forgot about the pneumonia/redoing the floors. YIKES glad that's over with.

    2006 is gonna rock!!! For all of us!!!

    Bridg

     
  • At 12/30/2005 06:06:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    I'll drink to THAT!

     
  • At 12/30/2005 09:58:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Me to tshsmom but heck, would drink to the first friday of the week heh heh heh ;)

     
  • At 12/31/2005 10:01:00 PM, Blogger ann said…

    Happy New Year :)

     
  • At 1/02/2006 05:17:00 AM, Blogger jipzeecab said…

    Happy New Year Bridg!

    I remember TWTWTW...That was the show that introduced Sir David Frost to the World...in fact without him the show wouldn't have been worth watching.

     
  • At 1/04/2006 07:07:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Ann, Happy new year to you too!
    Jipzee, thank you for not letting me be alone re TWTWTW!!!I liked the late Tom Lehrer (if that's how you spell his name). The man who did the Vatican Rag.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home