Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Last Christmas

Just got in from a lovely four hour dinner with M and Lou. It was fantastic, and now it's snowing like blazes outside.

AND we have a 9:00 meeting tomorrow a.m. with Evil Witch. HO HO HO this should be fun (a) getting into work (b) wanting to get into work and (c) not strangling EW.

Dinner was fabulous. We had the best waiter I've ever had in my life and definitely the company was top notch. I made the mistake of teasing M about dying my hair blonde (THAT was going too far!!) but he was his usual self (laughed). I apologized later and he said that he was fine but my conscience is killing me at the moment. Well, that'll teach me.

I'm definitely coming back reincarnated as a dung beetle. Or amoeba poop. Is there anything lower than that? Well if so, that'll be me. Ms. Amoeba Poop (oh man that DOES sound like a real name doesn't it?).

Sigh.

Did I mention that two bottles of wine were consumed? Not sure who drank the most, think it was Lou. Not that us other two were far behind. M gave Lou some excellent advice. Hope she listens but it's hard for her to do that sometimes, especially since it involves acting against her natural grain. I had to do that in the 70s and later on with Mr. B. It's a very tough lesson but each time I had to do it, sure learned/grew a lot.

My shrink is happy with me (saw her today). Don't go back until Feb. She's quite pleased with the progress etc. Noticed the smashed/purple/blackish finger. So is everyone these days. Said 'that's a BAD one'. Yeppir. But only hurts a little when I type or tap my finger against something. That tapping habit has gotta stop. Am sick of yelping 'ouch' all the time (lol).

Well, world, am feeling the impact of wine plus sleeping pills (I know, bad Bridg) so am off to bed.

Will catch up later, unless we get snowed in (keep your fingers crossed. The Boston experience would be great here.....).

Bridg

2 Comments:

  • At 12/16/2005 01:49:00 PM, Blogger bsoholic said…

    Hope you get that snow!

    LOL @ Ms. Aomeba Poop!

     
  • At 12/16/2005 03:46:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hey bsoholic, you got the touch, we got the snow and we DIDN'T get out of work!!

    But it was all good. Meeting went well (I thought so. M was peeved at EW). Party went very well, have not been this tipsy in a while but was sort of quiet about it.

    Just got home am going to sleep it off.

    That'll teach me to drink red wine on an empty stomach....

    Ms AP

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home