Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

I'm Gettin' Nothin' For Christmas

So the song goes..
"I'm gettin nuttin' for Christmas,
Mommy and Daddy are mad,
I'm gettin' nuttin' for Christmas,
'cause I ain't been nuttin' but bad".

Well world, I'm gettin' nuttin' for Christmas BECAUSE I GOT MY PRESENT TODAY!!!

M started with us today, beginning with a meeting that I co-chaired at 9:30 with some folks who had caused nothing but pain for our org for at least a year. The meeting had 6 people in it and it went like silk. Complete with health break, cookies and coffee, jokes/teasing a-plenty and a good briefing of M before-hand.

Just happened to have key docs that he needs to manage the group (budget, workplan, etc.) on top of my desk (not kidding here, I didn't think of this ahead of time) so they were all set and ready for him. We had another in-depth set of meetings on a different and highly challenging subject at the end of the day involving Marc (one of the two trainees, supertalented guy) and NBG. In between I introduced M to others. NBG dropped by M' s office to yack after lunch....and during that, I noticed that the two of them are operating on the same intellectual plane, have the same sense of humor...they were fabulous together!!! Was so proud of the two of them I almost bust on the spot. Did tell M how proud I was and you should have seen the eyes sparkle.

It took him 1.5 hours to get to work today, and that must have meant getting up beastly early (6 or so) AND tonight he's playing hockey (forward, no less). Definitely think it was worth it. Although the hockey is insane, but what the hell. I didn't get to sleep before 4, but am on such a high can't feel the exhaustion that I know is there.

Two of the guys on his team are big shots in this org. One's a vice-prez, the other is the same level as NBG.

Cannot remember a happier day in my life. OK I know how that looks (like 'get a life, Bridg') but it is truly a fantastic feeling to bring great people together. OK it happens to be work but big deal, they are doing and will keep doing really big good things together and THAT is great!!

Marc, M and I walked out of the office together. Marc said that he likes the way that M thinks and that he's a great guy. He also said "It's awesome having you, M and NBG leading me at work--you're an awesome team". That's exactly how I felt.

This is a good beginning. I"m so glad he's permanently here.

Called to thank Pauly (again) for getting me here into this org with this boss. It's eerie how good the fit is, including the timing with M and the supertalented two new 'guys'.

Mom's doing fine (had aquafit today), Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe is happy (well, not at the moment, I'm being 'hounded' to get off of the computer), NCIS is on tonight....hope this isn't fey, but it's a heck of a good start.

World, if you are half as happy and contented as I am, we're all blessed! I hope you're even HAPPIER than I am!!

Hugs forever,

Bridg

8 Comments:

  • At 12/06/2005 10:45:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    Very nice post, Bridg. Your excitement just jumps off the page (uh...screen). Glad things are tickety-boo over in O-town.

     
  • At 12/06/2005 10:53:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    You're a VP too, aren't you? If not, you were one before, right?

    Treat yourself to a massage this Christmas as well. :)

     
  • At 12/06/2005 11:19:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Bridget Jones said...
    Thanks WC, you're right. I'm beginning to get used to being on the ceiling...hope that your world goes the same way for you too ((((hugs))))

    ZS No I'm not a vp but was a level lower than that at a fairly young age, then decided that I didn't like that stuff.

    Massage? Oh man that sounds great. How do you make sure that you're not going to a sleezy one? Like do you go to big spas?

    Serious question there....Bridg

     
  • At 12/06/2005 11:23:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    I would ask your hair stylist. They always seem to know the best massage places (so I have been told, so get those ideas out of your head).

    Congrats on getting M to your place of employment. I know you have worked hard on setting that up, so I would highly suggest to M that he owes you a dinner with a decadent dessert.

     
  • At 12/06/2005 11:29:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks DMJ for the massage info (my hair stylist is a friend also), and dinner is a good idea too! Lou should be included in the deal, since she worked feverishly to get him in too. I think we set a record in this org for fastest staffing. Seriously.

     
  • At 12/07/2005 02:56:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Just don't let him take you guys to "the crappy steak place". ;)

     
  • At 12/07/2005 03:23:00 PM, Blogger Mel said…

    Sounds like things are going GREAT on your end as well!!! Yay for all the happy times!!! :)

     
  • At 12/08/2005 12:37:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    tshsmom, I don't think that anyone I know will be going there for a long time!!

    Mel, so very happy about your turn of events too!!

    altogether now: YAY!!!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home