Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Hot August Night (it ain't!)

Well gang, hope you are well! And warm!! It's snowing here but nothing is sticking thank heaven!

Did not get to sleep until 6:00 this morning. No that's not a typo. The alarm went off at 6:30. I had a meeting scheduled with the Evil Witch today and decided that a half hour's sleep wasn't enough. Called a few folks, left messages that I'd be in by noon, and went back to bed. Oh yah sent out a few e mails too which probably didn't make much sense.

Had a nightmare that someone stole The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe, got her drunk on tequila and gassed her to death in a garage with a running motorcycle. It was HORRID. Can't say that I felt like working after that but had some work social thing tonight to support NBG at so I went in.

Told NBG about why I was late including the lack of sleep and worry about the Evil Witch. Turns out she had a big fight with the other manager that I really like this a.m. and got the woman so upset that she left work with a huge nosebleed (the kind I used to get when working for Mr. B). And the nosebleed lady had woken up at 5:30 worried about HER meeting with Evil Witch today also! So NBG promised me that I"d never have to meet with EW alone again (he had a dentist appointment at the time that my EW meeting was re-set to). He also said to cancel the meeting. I said no, I'd had 4 hours' sleep and would be OK.

Well, EW was wonderful. I had been warned that smoke was coming out of her ears about me (her staff go to me for advice/shelter, that kind of thing). She wanted my advice on how to deal with people and the boss, she wanted my take on why things happened the way they did etc. She also isn't kidding me, anytime she's been nice to me she's also inserted something sharp inbetween my shoulder blades, which NBG tells me about. So no secrets or delusions here. I was nice, open, collaborative and cooperative. She even patted my arm and called me 'my friend'. Hmmmm. If she stays nice, great but I know better than to expect this. But the meeting's over, it went fine, I got the input I needed and that's that.

May have M here on Monday I am so excited. But you guys must be sick of hearing that so on to other stuff.

We had a 'hoe down' tonight to celebrate a charity thing. NBG was the MC and he's just so darn cute (like a 6'3" 5 year old). Most of his folks except EW were there. So we had a great time more or less. There was a lot of dancing which I hate. Lou and I went to Kelsey's and had lots of margheritas (me) and red wine (her) oh yah and dinner too before we got there. And dessert. The munchies they had at the hoe down had peppers in them and just can't eat them.

So I'm going to sleep pretty darn soon. Am totally buzzed on Corona beer and sleeping pills. Sure hope I get sleep tonight...

Night world. Glad my little cat's OK, hope you and yours are safe, warm and dry....((((hugs)))) Bridg

5 Comments:

  • At 12/02/2005 12:44:00 AM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Had a nightmare that someone stole The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe, got her drunk on tequila and gassed her to death in a garage with a running motorcycle.

    That's horrible. I'm actually sad you had that dream.

    I love my pets. Have two dogs, but no cats because of allergies. I wish I didn't though, because my dogs actually like cats, and my first dog's best friend before she died was a cat.

     
  • At 12/02/2005 11:20:00 AM, Blogger Casually Me said…

    Sorry about the nightmare. Your work stuff is very cool. Makes me almost want to go get a job, I did say almost, right?

     
  • At 12/02/2005 08:39:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Do NOT mix booze and sleeping pills!! Don't you remember Dorothy Killgallen?
    Don't make me travel east to kick your butt!

     
  • At 12/02/2005 10:35:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    Weeks over ... time for some fun or at least less pressure to wake up.

     
  • At 12/03/2005 12:26:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    BIG hug to all you guys!! I think that was a fear thing (anticipating meeting with Evil Witch)?

    ZS, I so hear you. Am very very attached to MSCITU, guess it's her personality. I'm allergic to cats too although the allergy isn't one of those strong ones. Dogs, oh man, they're even closer to human than cats.

    CM you crack me up! The work is really cool. There's just the one hazard, and the worst day I've had at the new place is a walk in the park compared to any other job I've had.

    Tshsmom you're right about booze and sleeping pills. Did not even realize that I did that. But no I don't know about Dorothy...

    DMJ you are so right. This weekend's really cool/right to relax.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home