Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Monday, December 05, 2005

Hold On Tight (To Your Dream)

Hi world, did all of you hear the cheer that went up from my office today? M starts with us tomorrow YAHOO!! It's too good to believe/be true, but can't wait for Tuesday Dec. 7. Just sat there grinning at the ceiling for minutes after I got the news.

There is a meeting tomorrow that is the kick off of a lot of reform about the way this place operates (not that it's a bad place, it just needs managing) and M will be in there with me. I can do this by myself but it's an ideal time for him to start. Am so thrilled words fail me. Except I kinda shouted "you're the BEST!" to my boss when he gave me the news. NGB replies "I just try to facilitate things!". Lovely, lovely, lovely!

Met with the guys, explained what's going on, when and how (right after we decided that today). They were wonderful. Said for me to delegate more because they feel sorry for me juggling all the files I have. We made a deal, they have to tell me when they're overloaded/overwhelmed because I do not want them waking up at 2:30 a.m. worried about work. They agreed. Are they great or what?

Started off with a no-meeting day which quickly grew to about 4 meetings. Ditto for tomorrow. It will be nice to have someone else to help with this stuff (actually I'll be the helper). I've lined up a temporary and a permanent office for him (am still raving about M here).

Brain's going a mile a minute. Have to be in at work an hour early tomorrow to get ready and get him ready for the meeting.

Like heck I'll sleep tonight!

Sorry that I"m probably sounding terse and not-too-with it. Have a million things to worry about (like him getting home and then back to work tomorrow safely--as if that has anything to do with me!). This has zip to do with romance, it's about getting a very talented and caring mind to focus on some really key issues, so that he and I can train two very high potential staff and support one of the best bosses (including M) that I've ever worked for (here I mean NBG), and then I can get back to the teckie stuff that I do (allegedly) well.

YAHOO!!!

Hope your day went as well as mine did, world!

MWAH!

Bridg (still on the ceiling)

5 Comments:

  • At 12/06/2005 03:12:00 AM, Blogger Rhiannon said…

    Hey very cool M now going to be working there! How'd you do that? Sounds like your job is going pretty well Bridge, happy for ya!

    Angel Blessings,

    Rhi

     
  • At 12/06/2005 11:49:00 AM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    Glad one of us has had some good news lately!

     
  • At 12/06/2005 06:41:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Rhi, I'm ashamed to say that I didn't even think of it until a colleague asked me for ideas re a replacement for herself. It is going very well (for now at least)...thanks so very much. Hope that yours is at least as well!

    WC, thanks and what is going on? Are you OK? Have been following your blog...

    Bridg

     
  • At 12/06/2005 10:41:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    Bridg: Am doing better, just have typing-out-my-bitterness fatigue. Just did a short post, actually. Thanks for your concern; it's nice knowing you're out there.

     
  • At 12/06/2005 11:01:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Four meetings in a day? Ought to be illegal. There needs to be a corporate law that says 2 meetings a day at most. Anything else is not only optional, but overtime.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home