Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Fields of Gold

Man what a weekend. It's supposed to snow here today/yesterday, like it's been doing all over the Eastern Seabord/midwest. Hasn't yet. Hate to sound like an old fart, but my legs are killing me (before it storms, arthritis is murder. Only thing that makes it better is heat).

Soooo yesterday wanted to just stay home with a heating pad. This is one sorry way to be at 53 but it's my own fault for living as recklessly as I have (following up an obsession with high impact aerobics with a big fast weight gain). Anyway, Mom needed to get her hair done. Bless her heart, she wasn't going to ask, but I called her to say hi and asked. Instead of taking 1.5 hours, it took over 2. Didn't phone ahead before I came to pick her up (having waited the usual 1.5 hours) and had to wait. Try sitting still with what feels like a broken leg for 45 minutes. O.U.C.H. But it wasn't anyone's fault but mine for not checking first. Didn't want to ask while I was there because that's what my Dad used to do and it made everyone feel bad. Couldn't win!

While I was waiting for Mom, did some errands and ran into huge lines everywhere, even in the dry cleaners. Who are now (the staff, I mean) wearing pentagrams. Last time I go to THAT place. Again, more lines. These days I have trouble standing for more than 10 minutes. Fun it wasn't, but at least I got my clothes back. Also picked up some framing I had done. Beautiful work, and inexpensive, bless their hearts. And no f'ing pentagrams.

When I finally got home, it was 4:00. Kinda late to do anything much except laundry (and cook a bit). Had 2 weeks' worth of laundry waiting (i.e. almost everything I own). Took 5-6 loads, and going from the second floor to the basement frequently didn't help the leg either. But at least the clothes don't stink, linens got changed, recycling done and all that kind of stuff. Is it OK to use marinade that was bottled in 2003? Will let you know when I eat this stuff. Tee hee hee not kidding....Bridg's adventures in food....

NOW have to go out and do what I put off yesterday (food shopping, errands and hopefully some Christmas shopping) as long as the leg holds out.

Had absolute nightmares about ohh never mind. It involved childhood experiences of the extremely unpleasant kind. I can't remember what happened consciously, it does come out in dreams/nightmares. Yikes the man's been dead almost 17 years and it's still in my head. Guess this is fear bubbling up? Have a key meeting at 9:30 on Monday to get ready for, and the nightmare's probably connected to that. Thank God, literally, I have NBG and M backing me up. The smartest and most supportive bosses anyone could have (and great pals too).

Thank God for friends. Thank heavens for you guys. Love you all!!

Sorry to sound crabby, needed to get this off my chest. Will post some humor to make up for it later.

p.s. for those of you in O-town, could the local paper print any MORE pictures of Steven Harper??? Slight bias there.....

Rest in peace, Richard Pryor. Thanks so much for the humor and lessons...we will miss you.

Bridg

4 Comments:

  • At 12/11/2005 01:51:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Yeah, we have 2 weeks worth of underwear too. ;) L and I wear uniform shirts, so I have to at least do those every week.
    I'm sure your nightmares are triggered by your body's alarm system, like you said. Too bad the brain doesn't react by giving you solutions to what caused the stress to begin with(the meeting).
    STUPID BRAIN!

     
  • At 12/11/2005 08:06:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    tshsmom, my brain is among the weirdest.

    Never did drugs because my dreams are so freakin weird..

    Uniforms would be cool if they looked like/felt like sweatsuits...no chance of that huh?

     
  • At 12/11/2005 09:54:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    My uniform is a polo shirt and slacks. L's is a t-shirt and jeans. We can live with that.
    I actually like having a uniform. I don't like ruining my OWN clothes at work. ;)

     
  • At 12/11/2005 09:58:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Tshsmom, sounds like a great idea to me.

    Then M couldn't wear that damn open neck black sweater that I asked him not to (of course he wears it on Friday...).

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home