Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Everything I Do

Well, world, hope your weekend's going as well as mine is. Especially Robin (over at ultrabright) and Batman...who are getting married this weekend.

The sun's finally come out. It's been cold enough (almost) to make me wear a jacket. Snow's gone from the streets...so much for 25 centimeters.

Went out and mailed/delivered some Christmas prezzies, feeling like an overripe elf (i.e. have caught the Christmas spirit and hope it's catching). Hate mailing presents because everyone in the world winds up doing that at the same time and you can spend hours standing in line (ouch). But today everything moved pretty quickly. Got feeling rundown and went to Starbucks for the first time (well, for myself). Decided to get M Starbucks stuff for Christmas. He loves coffee and needs to drink it on the way into work, so got him packs of coffee and a car-mug. It was (just) under $80!!! Didn't look at the prices first, dummy Bridg. But he's worth it.

Also got one for myself. The clerk (if it's OK to use that term nowadays) asked if I wanted one and it sounded like a good idea. Then he needed to know what kind. Said I didn't care as long as it had whipped cream in it. Am not sure what they gave me, but it was big, full of whipped cream, hot, strong and exactly what I needed. I.love.those.guys. All of them were chatting away (with me, which was nice) about shopping etc. Very thoughtful, very pleasant guys, expensive product but man it hit the spot.

One of them had one of those Tensor (wrap-around) bandages on mid-arm. Asked what happened. He has a tattoo and was told that he has to cover it up at work.

Hmmmmmm.

Took Mom to get her hair done, ran errands for the two hours it took for her to get through. Then we went to Cora's for brunch. If any of you in Canada haven't gone to Cora's please go. They have mountains of the best fruit you'll find anywhere. No matter what you order, it comes with this great fruit. And cream/whipped cream. Even bought Cora's mugs and coffee (this was our third time there).

Traffic today was a little nuts. Some people are afraid of speed because they don't drive often. Mom used to be like that. Those folks I wish would take side streets, not highways, but Heaven love them, they're trying hard. What drives me crazy is the self-righteous that do 80 (limit is 100) in the passing lane and won't move. I thank God that when my Mom had her heart attack last December 25 and I drove her to the hospital that none of the high priests of slow were in front of me. Not everyone driving at the speed limit is a speed demon.

Sis wants to go see Chronicles of Narnia tonight with me and Mom, so we're off to the movies tonight. Hope you have a great evening world.

p.s. Sorry Peaches, if you think I took a cheap shot at W for implying that he's the offspring of cousins marrying. That was supposed to be humor. Not everyone gets that.

Bridg

6 Comments:

  • At 12/17/2005 08:12:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    I have eaten at the Cora's on Bank twice and both times it sucked! I've eaten at the one in downtown Montreal and it was great.

    What's the deal? The presentations were wonderful but both time in Ottawa my food arrived stone cold and when they heated it up it still wasn't hot enough and they must have nuked it because the fruit got killed!

     
  • At 12/17/2005 09:44:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    WC sorry you had that experience. The one in Kanata is fab. I want to live there...

     
  • At 12/18/2005 12:46:00 AM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    The granola is supposed to be wonderful...

     
  • At 12/18/2005 10:11:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    The dish I'm hooked on has a silly name: buckwheat blessing. Three crepes (buckwheat) rolled around sausage and lightly sprinkled with old cheddar. Plus the wonderful fruit presentation.

    The combination of sausage, crepe and cheese is wonderful.

     
  • At 12/18/2005 12:41:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Oh man!! I LOVE buckwheat, but I can't find it anywhere. Buckwheat pancakes are the BEST!

     
  • At 12/18/2005 02:40:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    oh man....just had lunch and now I'm starving.....

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home