Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Do They Know It's Christmas Time At All?

Hi world, want some snow? Actually it isn't even sticking at the moment. Just like complaining about it.

Will NOT mix alcohol and sleeping meds again. Had a dickens of a time waking up today and that was with only one drink. M was feeling like hell today too. But we both perked up as the day went along.

Project is rolling along like crazy. There were so many calls from sort of frantic folks (why didn't we hear about this yadda yadda yadda--we held the meetings, try showing up at them!) but got them all calmed down and things are almost tucked into bed. Picked up some new projects to do too.

Got a Christmas card from D, which reminded me that I have some cards to write myself for her, Lou, NBG and 'the kids'. Also have to wrap M's present. He gave me mine today and I opened it when I got home (wanted to make sure we spent about the same and if not was going to run out and find something else). Wow. That guy does nothing in half measures. It was a commemorative plate, 24K trim, Thomas Kinkade limited edition . Gorgeous. Even the wrapping was exquisite. He told me that he was going to put it in a bag (which is what I wanted to do with his originally) but his wife wouldn't let him so she wrapped it. Even the bow was texturized.

I can't even come close to that!! *shaking my head and laughing*

There's a pot luck tomorrow at the office. Not much 'luck' about it, someone posted a list and you were supposed to write your name and what you were bringing. Actually, stopped on the way home (along with the rest of the planet, it seemed) and got 3-4 boxes of chicken wings and potato salad. And napkins, and wetnaps, and plastic plates. Then got cold cuts. Half a pound each (did I mention I like buying stuff?) of 4-5 different kinds of meat, cheese, heaven-know-what-else. Hope everyone's hungry.

The cold cuts are for Christmas Eve at Mom's. Boy she'd better stay calm this year, I don't have it in me to virtually move into the hospital again....

S is out in Edmonton with family (good. Hope he's safe and OK). Pauly's in town, feeding 17 people again. M is entertaining too. Thank heavens I'm not! Would be going nuts getting ready all by myself. Think entertaining is definitely a couple thing.

Can almost hear the planet taking a breath. Let's hope for peace, quiet and friendship, if only for a weekend. A special one.

Love ya, world.

Bridg

6 Comments:

  • At 12/22/2005 11:34:00 PM, Blogger bsoholic said…

    Mmmmm chicken wings and potatoe salad! Now that's a great meal. :)

     
  • At 12/22/2005 11:38:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Good bs, you're invited!!!! Hurry before they're all gone....

     
  • At 12/23/2005 02:56:00 AM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    We had a desert potluck at work and a gift exchange. Geez, I did a bad faux pas at the gift exchange. Someone got the dvd for Fantastic Four and I shouted out "that movie sucked!" Then I felt bad because someone went to the store and bought that gift, thinking it would be a nice gift. Whoops. :(

     
  • At 12/23/2005 10:23:00 AM, Blogger Casually Me said…

    You seem to be content with the world as it exists for you right now. Enjoy it.

     
  • At 12/23/2005 12:17:00 PM, Blogger Kamala said…

    Sounds like a fun time. Wish I was somewhere it snowed for Christmas.

     
  • At 12/23/2005 04:22:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    ZS, that sounds EXACTLY like something I would have done!! Don't worry, they probably had had enough to drink that no one noticed...and it did suck.

    CM, I am so happy in it oh yes. This is very unusual since I've spent the last 5 years in hell...ty for the good wishes and hope you're somewhere good also.

    Kamala, I know what you mean. Would still rather live somewhere hot, sandy with a beach.....

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home