Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Friday, December 16, 2005

Calling Elvis

Well world, Bridg has had a little too much of the red wine. On an empty stomach. Going to sleep it off in a few minutes. It's very tempting to go shopping but I was lucky to get home unbreathalized. Actually I'm not so much tipsy as TIRED. M too.

Had tons of snow (not very well plowed out, thanks very much Tony and Sons), the roads hadn't been plowed as of 7:15 but got to work pretty quickly for all that (that's a miracle considering the wine I had last night plus sleeping pill).

M shows up (1) wearing the black v neck sweater that goes so great with his white hair and chest fur (he could braid it) which he promised me he'd NEVER wear around me again. He's done that twice in one week; and (2) wearing a black leather jacket, which has just the same impact. M's a 'winter', as I am, which means black goes well with his skin/hair tones.

I can/am relatively platonic about every guy even though I love teasing, but this guy in black is just a bit much. Which is why I made him promise never to do that (wear that stuff) around me. So what's he doing, going to an office party wearing that stuff?

You should have seen the women falling all over him this morning (pre-party). It is FUNNY!!! D said that she loves him (half kidding). Yesterday he wore another black V neck thingie, and a big shot female we interviewed flipped her hair so many times I thought she was going to sprain something (giggling, facing him directly--the temp of the room went up 10 degrees C after M got there). Even EW flirted with him. Honest it's a scream.

So what did I do? Teased the living hell out of him for doing it.

Poor man, he took it well. I should explain that there are VERY few men in our group. I'd say the ratio is 1/15. No kidding. Lots of estrogen around. Too much yesterday and today, lemme tell you, but it was very funny to watch. Did he notice? Of course not.

Despite this, the meetings went super well (two in a row). Then party time! The location changed several times but we wound up at NGB's house. It was great. As mentioned, drank WAY too much. M and Lou made me sit down, which was a good thing (my leg goes numb after a few minutes--arthritis I think) and a bad thing (don't realize how much wine I've had until I stand up). Party was great, food even better, company superb. We had lots of presents and food for the two families that we 'adopted'. All of a sudden M's face went white after three hours of partying, at the same time all I could do was think of finding a place to nap. So we both split for home.

AND IT' S FRIDAY!!!!!!!

The troops wanted to know if they had to go back to the office this aft (some of the big shots including NBG had meetings after the party). I said that if they did they were fired, completely forgetting that M is now the boss. Then NBG announced that he didn't expect to see ANY of us back at work (great guy that he is, MWAH!!!).

I work with the best folks. EW is a pain, but a minor pain compared to Mr. B. M is fabulous, so are Dena, NBG, NBL (dunno if she's coming back) and the troops.

Pretty trusting of NBG to go back to work and leave all of us in his house under Lou's care!! One of the kids (T-bird) wanted to check out the boxers or briefs thing. Hope to high heaven that she didn't!! Also hope M got home OK....

Nighty night folks, Bridg's crashing.....happy weekend!!!

p.s. Just heard from M after he read one of my jokes. So he got home OK. Phew!! Night all...

Bridg (eyebrow deep in red wine....)

8 Comments:

  • At 12/16/2005 08:33:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Why don't guys catch on when women are blatantly throwing themselves at them? I used to get mad at my hubby when this would happen. I finally figured out that he's CLUELESS! What a bunch of "babes in the woods"!

     
  • At 12/16/2005 09:24:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    You got it tshsmom, babes in the woods AND clueless!!

    Isn't it adorable? Honestly, you (at least I) gotta laugh. It is soooo funny to watch it--signal after signal, and it's right over their heads.

    tee heeeeeee heeeee!!

     
  • At 12/17/2005 12:29:00 AM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    Hope you're not too hungover!

    I couldn't help but gloat about the snow... Hope you're OK though.

     
  • At 12/17/2005 12:54:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    WC can't say I blame you, would feel the same way if I didn't live here. But it does give one hope of being snowed in, snuggled in warmth with nothing to do but hang around in pjs all day.

    Can you imagine the bliss? Just watching the snow fall?

    Not hung over (surprisingly), once I had dinner (pizza of course) felt much better.

    That red stuff (wine) is deadly!!

     
  • At 12/17/2005 11:07:00 AM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    This really hit home when my son, grandson AND husband were ALL clueless about the Ron/Hermoine infatuation after reading Harry Potter 4. They kept insisting that the book didn't SAY that. DUH, read BETWEEN the lines guys! Clueless, I tell you, CLUELESS!

     
  • At 12/17/2005 03:26:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Tshsmom, sometimes they're so helpless it's adorable.

    Other times, they're so clueless/out of it that it's infuriating.

    Wonder if we do that to them?

    Bridg

     
  • At 12/18/2005 09:04:00 AM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Yeah, women's moods CAN be rather mystifying! ;)

     
  • At 12/18/2005 02:59:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    tshsmom, oh-oh. we've met the enemy and he is us?


    wow.


    need more wine to think about that *giggle*

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home