Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Your Song

Your Song
Elton John
courtesy of: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/e/elton-john/46480.html

It’s a little bit funny-- this feeling inside
I’m not one of those who can easily hide-
I don’t have much money but if I did
I’d buy a big house where we both could live
If I was a sculptor, but then again, no
Or a man who makes potions in a traveling show
I know it’s not much but it’s the best I can do
My gift is my song and this one’s for you

And you can tell everybody this is your song
It may be quite simple but now that it’s done
I hope you don’t mind
I hope you don’t mind
that I put down into words
How wonderful life is while you’re in the world

I sat on the roof and kicked off the moss
Well a few of the verses well they’ve got me quite cross
But the sun’s been quite kind while I wrote this song
It’s for people like you that keep it turned on

So excuse me forgetting but these things I do
You see I’ve forgotten if they’re green or they’re blue
Anyway the thing is what I really mean
Yours are the sweetest eyes I’ve ever seen

And you can tell everybody this is your song
It may be quite simple but now that it’s done
I hope you don’t mind
I hope you don’t mind
that I put down into words
How wonderful life is while you’re in the world

Hola world how are you tonight?

Have to do the paperwork, NBG has to check with his boss, but M's got a job and it's the one I am acting in (this is NBG's latest idea and it is fantastic). Am ECSTATIC about this (hate managing), and I get to work for M again AND keep coaching the kids. Plus I know that NBG's happy with my work in the same job, so this isn't because he's unhappy with me (he is worried about M because the people where he works are very ivory-tower academic. He wants to make sure that M gets/can do operational stuff). He asked if I would be OK with that and of course I said yes (yes yes yes!!!).

NBL's mom died last night (this is a year from hell for her), so heaven knows when she'll be back. I'm guessing not before Christmas. But when she does, she'll go into the job that I thought M was going into. It's easier and we all can do it if she has more health issues. Plus you really need extensive people networks to do that job halfway competently. I talked one of the kids there into not leaving yesterday. She's the only one at working level who's been here more than 6 months.

I.am.not.kidding.

The one witch has driven many people away and the place's chaos sure doesn't help. Poor NBG wants a cohesive group. Me too. Now that I'm older (oh so much older), see the value of stability/helping others grow instead of chasing ummm new stuff/stimulation. So it's very unlikely that I"m going to take off on him. Plus people usually like working with me and same with M (he has a list of folks who want to work with him). So I think we can help NBG a lot here at least as far as retaining staff goes.

Only one of the kids knows about this M being the new boss, and her concern was that she'd still get to work with me. Isn't that ADORABLE? Of course the answer's yes, I just won't have to do all the meeting and political correctness stuff that goes with managing. Well sort of goes with managing.

M is happy and trying to be cautious (until the paperwork is signed, but he's greasing the skids where he is now for the approvals to flow). The troops are happy and learning/producing their heads off and it's all good stuff. No, VERY good stuff. Am meeting more and more folks and they are all easy to work with it's amazing. No infighting, backstabbing etc. (yet), or at least not to the extent there was in the other place.

On the other hand there is chaos like you would not believe.

It's pervasive.

If nothing else, that's gonna get under control.

More good news (can you stand this)--have lost weight. Significant bunches (pants are falling off). Cool. Not really trying either and the limping stopped too. Got a few Christmas presents yesterday (I mean bought, not received).

OK this is too good....hmmmmmmm. Can't believe it. Had snow tires on before it snowed and they weren't umm bald; today got my first flu shot. Mom's happy and active, Sis is too, Bro's into new mischief with his better half (yet another canteen this one licensed). This kind of peace/looking forward is unheard of (for yours truly). Cannot get over how much life has changed in two months.

And am so very eternally grateful for it too. To everyone involved. NBG, NBL, Pauly, my references...God...you name it.

Not that the job is by any means done. There's S and Lou to look after too.

A shrink I saw a long time ago said that I had lots of kids that I didn't give birth to.

Now I know what she means, lol.

Sorry am blithering again. Mind is going a million miles a minute.

Really really wish I could say where I work, you guys would freak. Oh well.

Want/Hope/Wish that the same kinds of things are and keep happening for you. Especially Raven, Robyn, WC, Undies and Zombieslayer (each of you is going through such major metamorphoses and all at the same time). Not to leave anyone out, sorry if I have.

Major hugs all around,

Bridg

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home