Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Friday, November 04, 2005

Wow

There was an instrumental called Wow by Andre Gagnon. Anyone remember it?

Had an experience that was almost religious about half an hour ago. Met M for a drink, lasted about 2 hours, and didn't have one single romantic thought, or even inkling, about him! This after talking to MY boss about hiring him (my boss was really impressed with M's cv and told me to pass on a message to him). It was SO COOL.

M said that I sound and look like a completely different person (confident, laid-back). I still like him very much, there just isn't one romantic thought involved in it. That might change if we were together for long periods of time, but...for now it was quite the revelation and liberating, if you know what I mean.

Some cute little blonde thing walked by us in the bar, and I saw him look at her. Teased the hell out of him. Said that she's old enough to be his daughter (and believe me she was) and laughed. He responded with a typical (sorry guys) guy line about 'well if you put it out there someone's gonna look'. A few minutes later I told him that if he turned around quick he could see her underwear (it was true too, those were LOW riding pants!). He blushed again and laughed. I said 'no really, it's hot pink'. He didn't turn around but I enjoyed that. Not in a mean way--it was really funny. He also told me (earlier) about some woman 'kneeing' him in front of her husband and everyone else at a conference, and that 'she had the grace to blush'. It took me a while to realize that he was telling me that she hit on him, but I didn't care. In the past that would have been somewhat wounding.

Not sure at all what this means, if it means anything but I think it's progress. Even when he did the double-cheek kiss thing, no reaction! So I'm really happy about this.

Sorry if this sounds dumb.

Work went super well. Can't remember specifics other than training the guys, going to meetings (9:00, 11:30, 1:00 and 4:30) and working my butt off but it was fun. Found out that one of the guys is working at a much higher level than he's being paid for and we're gonna fix it. Also lined up new people to come in. It's all good.

Am glad to be home for the weekend, aren't you too world? Don't you just love Friday night? I sure do. Lots to do this weekend, almost too much.

Am just grateful for the chance to sleep in, have a furnace working and hot water there.

And now that the snow tires are on, am sure it won't snow till January (the kids at work thanked me for that very reason today, bless their hearts!).

Came home and my next door neighbor (the nosy one) had raked off my driveway.

Sweet.

Hope your evening and weekend are super world. Keep warm!

Luv, Bridg

4 Comments:

  • At 11/05/2005 04:56:00 PM, Blogger jipzeecab said…

    You'll be running this company in no time..When you're able to focus on what you need to be doing..keep emotional and sensual cues from interfering and yet place your sense of humor out front and cracking you can subtly take over the world!

     
  • At 11/05/2005 07:57:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    I KNOW! Are you as proud of her as I am jipzee?

     
  • At 11/06/2005 10:43:00 AM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    i am so happy for you girl. i know what a huge relief that is when you've had it for someone for so long ... and then at some point it really does change and you can just be friends .... it's bitter sweet kind of ... but it just shows that YOU are stronger, that YOU have more confidence that YOU feel better about yourself and everything else. that's HUGE!!

    i am so proud of you.

    glad the job thing is going so well too ... i'm happy that things are now falling into place for you after your time with the wicked Mr. B.

    yay!!!

     
  • At 11/06/2005 12:33:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Raven (((((hugs))))))! Thanks so much for the support over the (can it be) months and years especially about M (same goes for you, tshsmom!).

    You're right, it is a bit bittersweet but such a damn relief not to be mooning and feeling kinda hurt.

    Mr. B.....grrr. Know that saying about the best revenge (is living well)? I'm trying to go forward on that note.

    Hope that the great vibes continue. Sure does feel like home.

    Luv, Bridg

    p.s. isn't it amazing what a little trust and support can do? Wow.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home