Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Monday, November 14, 2005

Well I Hope You're Feeling Better

I bet most of you, perhaps even Raven and Tshsmom, don't know this one! It's a rather obsecure cut from Abraxas (Santana). The only reason I ever listened to it was that it preceded Samba Pa Ti (wore that cut white on two LPs) on the album (remember albums??).

How are you world?

It's supposed to snow, rain and freezing rain tomorrow.

HA! Says Bridg. It was warm today. Didn't wear a jacket (well that's normal, but today didn't need one either).

Don't use my camera nearly enough to remember how to use the software to download the pics, but for Zombieslayer's sake, I did. Took photos of the cathedral paintings and will post separately. The camera appears to take huge pics but these two turned out, yay!

Murray (my late love) used to say that he was busier than a one-armed paper-hanger. Today I found out what that means. At one point 4-5 diff folks needed to see me all at the same time. Meetings wall-to-wall but all of it was good, actually great, if you know what I mean. The troops are still happy, work is tearing right along, so far meeting deadlines and the troops are learning (man those guys are little sponges), which is why I'm here in the first place. A third new body wants to come to our group and M's interview is tomorrow BRIDG IS REALLY EXCITED!

No have not been hitting the bottle, just am really happy and excited about tomorrow...love my job, love my colleagues. (well OK one is a witch but three others are angels and the troops are just...sorry for this word, adorable and smart as hell)....still hearing from the old ones who I love with all my heart...does it get better? Sure doesn't feel that way.

Am officially entering into senior-hood. Today yet another person walked up, said 'hi I remember you from blah blah blah' and I could swear that I'd never seen them before and WORSE, forgot her name 5 minutes later.

M.O.R.O.N.

Me, not her.

Sigh.

That using heat on arthritis worked like a charm. No pain at all today. Not at ALL. No limping, yadda yadda yadda. Didn't even realize it till the end of the day. Another YAY! Lately have been walking like Steppin-Fetchit (ummm can't think of an equivalent for the 99% of you who haven't seen SF. Chester on Gunsmoke? Frankenstein?).

Last night was the same as the last few. 4:00 came and went with me wide awake. This time had to get up at 7:00 and did. Don't even feel tired now, which is scary.

Am more than a little bit suspicious that this had to do with New Boss (guy) being grumpy on Wednesday (I was off Thurs and Fri), memories of Mr. B rampaging, not taking naproxen, and Heaven knows what else. Oh yah right full moon (Bridget howls in the background).

So today New Boss (guy) was all smiles. He was in a bad mood on Wednesday, I didn't know it and walked right into a major bad mood (it is very rare that I have those. It's also very hard to HAVE them if you are on Paxil). He was back to his usual sweet and smart self, and asked me 'how things are going'. Have learned that's code for 'are you OK with me?'. That makes me grin. He denies being a people person but he's extremely sensitive.

Cool. It's a double-edged sword, but cool.

Mom doing fine too. We searched high and low for a restaurant to go to yesterday. The one I wanted to go to was closed up and gone away. Same for choices two and three. Now we go out fairly frequently. This was odd. Choice 4 had been good in the past but STUNK to high heavens and it was (gulp) almost $80. For really awful food.

It wasn't assertive of us/me but we just finished the food and won't go back there again. Ever. I hate fuss/confrontation, but also don't like patronizing bad business. The service was good (i.e. it wasn't the wait staff's fault) but...dat's all folks.

OK will go now and try to post the cathedral pics/paintings. They're side-by-side in my office. Just love the liveliness of the colors. Not sure the camera caught enough of it, but hey. You probably can't see it in the pics but there are traces of gold (and birds) in the sky of the day painting, and silver with stars in the night one.

Ciao world. See ya tomorrow!!

Bridg

10 Comments:

  • At 11/14/2005 09:17:00 PM, Blogger Avery's mom said…

    both paintings are beautiful...i cant decide which i like more

     
  • At 11/14/2005 09:20:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    TY Little Mama!!! Me neither....

     
  • At 11/14/2005 11:13:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    So what restaurant were you referring to?

    I have some recommends on my ReTorte site. Flying Piggy (Bank & Heron) has excellent Italian & isn't too pricey. I think you're in the west, though, so that might not work for you. In 7 years in that city, I went to the west end maybe twice! Mongolian Grill is great, BTW.

    Hope the sleep thing gets better for you. I know what you're going through. It's rough.

     
  • At 11/14/2005 11:34:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks, WC. It was Zola's. You would not believe what they did. Cold buns, garlic bread quite late, angus beef stakes 1/4 inch thick, very overspiced shrimp (3) and fried onions on top of the steak with most of hte plate being salad (Greek). Ugh.

    Flying PIggy is great. Mom hasn't been there yet so will do so. The Mongolian Grill is a good idea too. THanks! There's now an Athens grill next door to it and a good Thai place called Succothai (the latter was my 5th choice, which tells you how good my taste is!).

    There are some parts of menopause I love. Others (insomnia), well not so much. Hope yours passes fast too...Bridg

     
  • At 11/15/2005 04:48:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Yeah, I've been waking up at 2 a.m. for a while now. What part of menopause do you like? I NEED anything to like about this!

     
  • At 11/15/2005 10:25:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Tshsmom, I had endometriosis since I was 21, and the pain was (man I talk way too much about pain) really not great. The contractions have been measured as being stronger than labor pains. Ouch. All that tissue dies in menopause--no contractions since then. For those of you who aren't familiar with this, it's a condition where the tissue that lines the uterus grows outside of the uterus (like a big wad of gum dropped into your abdomen) all over everything around it. Every so often, the tissue contracts. Thus everything it is attached to contracts. It feels like (for women) having sex with a multibladed knife for days. Men, not sure what this would feel like to you but trust me, you'd hate it.

    Another good menopause thing: OK hot flashes can suck but Paxil gets rid of them. Hormonal urges (all kinds) decrease. So if you have PMS or cravings for salt or chocolate (I had those last two), those go away.

    No periods. That is a HUGE benefit.

    Give me time, I'll think of more.

    heh heh heh Bridg

     
  • At 11/15/2005 11:23:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    BJ: Sweet Basil Thai on Bank, near Flying Piggy is awesome.

    OK, not in menopause over here...only 31...I guess I misread somewhere what was causing your insomnia... Nevermind. I know it sucks. I have a good friend in menopause, though, and she hasn't slept well in a few years. I'm sure you didn't want to hear that! Sorry!

     
  • At 11/16/2005 03:11:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Yipes, endometriosis sucks, from what I've heard. I can see why you like menopause!
    My hot flashes went away when I started taking black cohosh. I'm not a big PMSer, but salt and chocolate cravings are still there.
    The only good thing, so far, is I haven't had a period in 3 months, yay!! Before that, I was getting mine every 6 days, boooo!!!
    Sex drive's down and depression is up, but I upped my dose of Evening Primrose Oil and am cheering up.
    Maybe we should put a warning for guys on this comment section. We're gonna gross them out for sure. hehe

     
  • At 11/16/2005 04:32:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Thanks for posting those pics. I try to post pictures a visual something at least once a week, because it adds something to a website. Too much text looks dry, but too many pictures kill people on modems (which I am at home).

     
  • At 11/16/2005 07:51:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    WC thanks for the second restaurant idea sounds WONDERFUL. Sleeplessness can come from so many things. Full moon, worrying, sugar, alcohol, yadda yadda yadda. We're pretty sensitive little machines after all, huh?

    Tshsmom HOLY CRAP that sounds HORRIBLE. Am also taking some natural stuff with black cohosh and red something-or-other. Not sure if it helps all that much but it doesn't hurt.Tried taking evening PO but had a really nasty effect so gave up on it.

    Zombieslayer--thanks for the tip, I never thought of that!! Will make an effort to do that from now on. Usually am in such a rush to get stuff out of my head I just type without thinking (heh heh heh surprised??). Glad you liked the pics...

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home