Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Monday, November 21, 2005

Swing On A Star

Can't get this song out of my head....especially the part "...or would you rather be a mule?".

Why? Beats me.

How are ya tonight world? The U.S. is working its way into Thanksgiving (some of us celebrate it twice lol) and best of all wishes to you all!

My messages got through the spam filters except for two of the four (or was it five) came out garbled. When I read my home e mail from work, ditto (garbled). When I got home, read perfectly. Sent it again tonight, will put it on a flippin' disc and bring it in on Wednesday.

Not Tuesday.

Tuesday is (DA DA DUNNNNNN) the DENTIST!!! Again!!!

The entire ummm short deadline bit may be off because of something that happened on the other side of the country on Friday. Which is great for me and frankly for everyone except the Friday crowd.

Cool part is the troops. They asked for a meeting, set out some damn smart questions and asked if they could do exactly what I was going to ask them to do. Man I couldn't be prouder of them if I was their mom (well, OK you know what I mean). Very smart, proactive bunch there. Caught on quick, work fast...man. Am in awe of them.

Other stuff's moving right along too. Including yet another crisis inside another one. Used to close programs (e.g. word, WP, Excel) by clicking on the X in the upper right hand corner. Where I work now, if you do that, the systems think that you still have the document open no matter how many times you reboot. Learned this the hard way today when I had to create some rationale (for $s) inside a form my computer wasn't set up to handle and I kept X'ing out of it. The poor Help desk, think they're afraid of my voice now. Not that I was mean or anything, just took them a while to figure out what I'd done wrong. Anyway deadline got met, now know a bit more how to do what I do. Close the doc, then exit the program.

It's rough feeling stupid at 53.

Mom still doing fine, Sis too. Little Bro called Mom, he's OK. Bigger Bro OK too.
Didn't get to see Harry Potter due to work but will, and everyone I've talked to so far likes it.

No snow but it's cold. Well, cold compared to summer. In Ottawa terms it's still pretty mild out there. You can just smell 'election' in the air.

Am dead beat after the long night last night, so will call it quits for now. Tomorrow am not likely to be on due to dentist stuff (oh joy oh bliss). Will catch up with you later, world!

Look out for those dentist guys....Bridg

6 Comments:

  • At 11/21/2005 11:39:00 PM, Blogger jipzeecab said…

    You've reminded me of a movie which for the most part is best forgotten; "Hudson Hawk".
    This silly movie had one scene in it though that I have always thought was worth the price of admission.
    Marquee star Bruce Willis and Danny Aiello commit a large scale cat burglary while doing a duet of that song buzzing in your head..

    "Would you like to swing on a star
    Carry moonbeams home in a jar
    And be better off than you are
    Or would you rather be a fish"

    "And all the monkeys aren't in the zoo
    Everyday you see quite a few
    So you see it's all up to you
    You could be better than you are
    You could be swinging on a star"

     
  • At 11/22/2005 12:10:00 AM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Best of luck at the dentist. Haven't seen one of those guys since 2002, back when I had dental insurance. :p

     
  • At 11/22/2005 06:53:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    So glad I'm outta that city. Weather aside, you're too steeped in the political stuff there. You totally notice the lack of it when you live elsewhere.

     
  • At 11/22/2005 09:08:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    I would tell the IT department that is not acceptable functionality for the 21st century. Hell Bill Gates can't even get away with that one.

     
  • At 11/22/2005 10:01:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Jipzee, I liked that movie too! The only part I remember had something to do with the Statue of Liberty? Can't remember all of it..

    ZS and WC, survived the dentist! This time don't remember anything about it at all (a first). Yay it's over!!!

    Jack, was REALLY tempted to shout 'Just DO IT' in one of those monster voices...took a lot of restraint not to. You're right, it's such an old, unacceptable mentality...astonishing to run across it these days..

     
  • At 11/22/2005 10:02:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    WC you're so right about the politics. Someone described Ottawa as 20 million people surrounded by reality.

    Darn straight.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home