Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

The Streak

Yah today I was the streak. Had a meeting where I was told (by the insecure lady) that I misunderstood her instructions, and it wasn't put anywhere near that gently, last week and that time is short (duh). This stuff has to be presented on Thursday. Had mentioned to my boss that I"ve been busy doing someone else's work, she's too junior to do it, for the last two weeks. Not that helps re Thursday.

Stayed late, got a draft (partial) done to table and a slide deck. Jenn and Marc D, bless their hearts, chipped in on other parts of the task. I love those two. They're early in their careers, yet so professional, caring and energetic. Am awed by them and their energy and brightness is catching!

Miss Grump I''ll just ignore. New Boss says it's only for a few more weeks, and I think that means until my boss comes back. It's actually 27 days. But the Grump is supposedly looking for a new job and has been told to get out. Hmmm. Well we'll see.

So I'm home and totally drained. Missed NCIS too but oh well there are worse fates in life. Was asked if I knew someone who was an expert in a given field...I do...it's M. He's actually heading this up across the organization. So connected him with the lady who's looking for her own replacement. I happen to like this lady A LOT and will miss her (she's taking off time to adopt a baby--two years' worth). So who knows, M may wind up here yet. I know he'd be a wonderful fit with everyone, especially the Prez.

But even a 'chippy' day like today is 1000 percent better than a 5 minute 'conversation' (they tend to be monologues) with Mr. B. He's evil-minded. Grumpiness is one thing, malicious intent is another.

Well folks my brain's running on empty and my cat's giving me hell (or is that a serenade? I never can tell the diff) so will turn in.

Getting snow tires, rims and wheel covers on tomorrow. You would not believe the price (high). Caps on teeth next (getting 2 of 5 done), furnace got replaced and is working great last night, stuff getting frames (paintings) for a chunk of change too.

Man am I broke!

Can't retire till 2011. Damn. Oh well, am having fun with the kids.

Hope you're having fun too world? How was Halloween?

Did any of you stomp flaming poo bags?

*giggle* Bridge

9 Comments:

  • At 11/01/2005 11:33:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    How was Halloween?

    Kids barely trick or treated. It bothered me because when I was a kid, it was so much fun. My childhood was so much more fun than what the kids have nowadays.

     
  • At 11/02/2005 08:20:00 AM, Blogger Storm said…

    Snow tires? Ugh! Thank goodness I'm in Florida.

     
  • At 11/02/2005 03:37:00 PM, Blogger nutty said…

    I bet you'd be the type to put poo bags on door steps ... hehe

     
  • At 11/02/2005 03:45:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Too bad; NCIS was great!

    Rims too? You gotta quit driving over curbs Bridg! "If you don't like my driving, stay off the sidewalk!"

     
  • At 11/02/2005 06:21:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    hey you woman .. how are things? i haven't read in a while so i'm not always sure what's happening with you .... i guess the job is going well (yay) ... snowtires? we haven't had much snow yet ... not much at all actually ... just one time that it snowed. i have never had snow tires in my life ... hehe

     
  • At 11/02/2005 10:27:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    Sorry...did I miss something? "The Streak"? I don't get it.

    Sorry things are icky right now.

    Rims? Really. The joys of car ownership...

     
  • At 11/03/2005 07:35:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    ZS, totally agree. I maybe had 15 kids and the 2 years before that, none. Do you remember flaming bags of poo or lighting firecrackers in tomatoes? TP'ing houses? Hell/Mischief night?

    Ohhh the good days.

    Storm you are so lucky not to have snow. I'd rather have the hurricanes.

    Undies, you bet I did the flaming bags of (doggie) poo! And firecrackers in tomatoes. You haven't lived till you've seen a tomato blow up. By the way where does Moody live (heh heh heh)?

    Tshsmom ha ha ha!! Sidewalks are entrance ramps, aren't they? Seriously, I put the snows on rims so that they don't have to pry the tires on and off of one set of rims. But man are they UGLY.

    Raven, I remember enough about Colorado to know that the accumulation isn't what it is in the GWN. Lucky you! Work going fantastic but so busy it is not believable. Home--well everything either needs changing (roof, tires) or fixing (eyes, hot water heater, furnace). It is getting to be pretty expensive here. Good thing there's Visa.

    WC--by 'the streak' I meant running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Not really streaking. If that had been the case a lot of folks would have been very upset (OMG!!! What the H*LL was THAT???!!!).

    Only thing worse than having a car is not having one. Sigh. The bus company is making noises about another strike. I quit taking buses the last time they went out on strike.

     
  • At 11/05/2005 01:02:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    That was very smart, Bridg! Now you'll be able to put on your own snow tires, right? *winking & giggling*

     
  • At 11/05/2005 10:33:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    tshsmom, uhhhhh yep sure right...*giggling*

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home