Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Monday, November 28, 2005

Shout

Hi world!! Had the absolute best day to day and hope you did too!

There are a fair number of folks getting hit by flu here. ....

But that's not why the day was good. Talked to pal of pals Pauly about something else today--the new boss back at the old place, who replaced M working for the Evil Troll Mr. B, sent me something not very good to comment on. Am afraid that my comments were fairly ummm not salty but damn strongly worded. It just read like Mr. B declaring war on my profession (again). Turns out that Mr. B rattled G-man's cage by telling him that he had to do X, Y and Z by such-and-such a date or he was outa there. That explains the quality of the stuff G-man sent over--he clearly was rattled into doing a bad job.

What.an.asshole.

Not G-man, Mr. B.

Way to motivate folks.

Anyway, Pauly told me that NBG told him that people asked him where he (NBG) found me. Being a smart ass, I said "WHAT!!! Do you mean they're asking 'how many rocks did you have to look under to find HER'?!! Or "How the HELL did you find THAT ONE???". Pauly says 'no no no he meant it in a good way', but I'm giggling WAY too much to hear or speak.

It's a hell of a compliment and leave it to me to turn it into a joke/insult. Thought it was good and hilarious at the same time. Honest it isn't bragging, I really thought that this was funny. Especially since I thought of it at 8:30, when my brain is usually quite dead.

It's also a really good thing that Pauly told me this, because we (NBG and I) called M at the end of the day to tell him where the hiring-M process is. NBG starts off by saying that the only way that they could hire M is to let me go, but I was being very gracious and cooperatively agreed to go. I agreed.

Dead silence from M (this is on the phone).

Then M asks where my new job is.

I said for M's current boss (who is a world-class- everyone-hates-this-guy-including-NBG- type A-hole). I said that I was going to make that guy regret the day he joined our org.

OK everyone laughs.

But if NBG had done that, and I hadn't had the good feedback from Pauly, I would have been sweating that he joked about it......

At least I think he was joking......

Bridg

6 Comments:

  • At 11/28/2005 09:20:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    I need a Rosetta Stone to keep up :) I am going to start making a diagram of the players. It will be like those riddles. 7 people with 7 different colors of houses....

     
  • At 11/28/2005 10:16:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    ROFL hey isn't the RS a predictor? You're right tho, there are a fair bit of folks involved esp in this post. Sorry.....

     
  • At 11/28/2005 10:21:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    hey girlie!!

    glad you had a fantabulous day too!!!!

    i hope you have another one tomorrow!!!!

    :)

    not many getting the flu here ... i got a shot .. so no flu for me .... yay!!

     
  • At 11/28/2005 10:24:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Raven--YAY we're in sync!!!

    Hope your tomorrow is great/even better too. You sure are on a winning streak and no one deserves it more!!!

    I got a flu shot for the first time in my life. Everyone at work's sick..not me (yet)...hope we both escape this year!

    ((((hugs)))) Bridg

     
  • At 11/29/2005 03:00:00 AM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    There are a fair number of folks getting hit by flu here. ....

    But that's not why the day was good.

    Heh, that probably wasn't meant to be funny, but I got a chuckle out of it.

    As for the ordeal, bosses that rely on the stick piss me off. I leave a company when I get threatened like that. That's why I left the last job so abruptly. I've always believed in the carrot, not the stick.

    The other thing is the carrot brings you loyalty. The stick brings nervousness and/or fear.

     
  • At 11/29/2005 06:41:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    ZS totally with you on that one. Won't work anywhere like that either.

    Yes actually the flu comment was on purpose. One of the sickees was the bully boss.

    You would not believe how much brighter the office and staff are when she's away.

    It's kinda sad, but her husband's a millionaire and she doesn't have to work. My guess is that she got bored being mean to the household staff.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home