Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Friday, November 25, 2005

Raven's Non Tag

ten years ago:
1995 I was working for a great boss in the place now under the control and terror of Mr. B. Then it was a great place to be. Lots of freedom, support and creativity, no money woes and lots of mutual respect.

five years ago: Still working in the same org, same job, with a witch for a boss who threw people out of her office (junior and senior to her), drank on the job, ran around our desks to see if we were playing the stock market at work (as if!), threw things, stamped her feet, yelled and slammed doors. The yelling was so loud that people on the other floor of our building would come over to find out what was wrong NOW.

one year ago: Was working with M and just realized that he wasn't the jerk I thought he was, and that I was actually happy working with him.

yesterday, i : worked and was completely out of control of the work ('frenetic' applies), went home, watched TV/blogged and rapidly fell asleep.

five snacks i enjoy:
1. Natcho Cheese Doritos (breath destroyers)
2. Hint of Lime Tostitos
3. Brownies
4. Chocolate covered almonds
5. French bread and brie/dijon mustard

five songs to which i know all the words: (this could be a very long list, I was a disc jockey ....)
1. Any Eagles song (love Desperado)
2. Moody Blues, any song (Gemini Dream)
3. Peter Gabriel songs (esp. Sledgehammer)
4. Atlanta R&B songs of the 60s+ (Try Some Tenderness, Higher and Higher)
5. Patty Labelle songs (New Attitude)

five things i would do with $100 million:
1. pay off the debt of all my family / friends
2. buy a house with a big garage to park the Honda (no kidding, the sports version)
3. Buy an apartment condo for my Mom
4. Invest enough to live off of
5. Donate at least a quarter of the whole lump sum to a homeless charity.

five places to run away:
1. Bahamas
2. Hawaii
3. Virgin Islands (St. Thomas comes to mind)
4. Egypt
5. MAYBE Bermuda (unconvinced)

five bad habits:
1. emotional eating
2. low energy
3. tendency to teach
4. not changing cat's litter box fast enough to suit her
5. don't treat money with much respect

five things i like doing:
1. watching TV
2. watching movies
3. writing
4. sleeping
5. sex

five things i would never wear:
1. fur (real or fake)
2. bras outside of work
3. vintage clothes from any era
4. heels (ouch)
5. any fad style (tend to stick to classics)

five favorite tv shows:
1. NCIS
2. ER (it's getting tired tho)
3. Makeover and a Movie
4. Ghost Whisperer
5. Medium

five biggest joys in my life:
1. Mom, Sis (and Bros)
2. My joke networks
3. Pals (S, Issy, M, Marc, Pauly, Doris, Lou, Dena, you guys)
4. my job and NBG
5. that i'm gaining energy and health while losing inches.

five favorite toys:
1. my mp3 player
2. my computer
3. my car
4. desk toys (you know, those things that colored goo drips through? There are at least 5 of them on this desk
alone
5. a personal battery operated device

If you read here and you want to do this meme .. you're tagged!!

Bridg

5 Comments:

  • At 11/26/2005 07:11:00 AM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Sounds like you and I could swap clothes. ;)
    At last; another woman my age who refuses to wear a bra at home!! I can NEVER find one that fits and they rub me raw at work. It's always a relief to get home and ditch the bra!

     
  • At 11/26/2005 10:35:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Oh so totally agree, Tshsmom. I don't care what anyone says about Olga whatsherface, those things were not invented by a woman!

    Probably the same guy who invented bridles for horses? The Iron Maiden?

    Bridg

     
  • At 11/27/2005 09:28:00 AM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    LOL!! I think you're right Bridg!
    Especially UNDERWIRE! There's a MALE sadist somewhere, laughing his ass off, after inventing this torture device!

     
  • At 11/27/2005 11:37:00 AM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    Isn't the mp3 player a "personal battery operated device".....

     
  • At 11/27/2005 12:04:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    tshsmom, totally agree the fiend is somewhere laughing (I mean,do jock straps have underwire? Trusses?)!

    DMJ...ummmmmmm yes that what I meant heh heh heh (glad you can't see my very red face right now....)

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home