Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Party For Two

Billy Currington/Mark McGrath
courtesy of: http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Party-For-Two-lyrics-Shania-Twain/200FD5577CB491CD48256F0900083473

Whoa!Huh! Huh!(Aww, Baby)
I'm having me a party(I don't think I can come)
Uh,uh, this ain't just any kind of party(Nah, I think I'll stay at home)
Uh, oh, no It's gonna be really, really hot(Startin' to sound good)
I'm gonna put you on the spot (Thinkin', maybe I should)
Yeah, there'll be lots of one on one(Guess I could be there)
Come on and join the fun(What should I wear?)
I'll tell you bout' it..

BRIDGE:It doesn't matter what you wear'
Cause it's only gonna beyou and me there
(Whoa!)
CHORUS:I'm having a party
A party for two
Ain't Invitin' nobody
Nobody but you
You'd be sexy in your socks(We could polish the floors)
In case that anybody knocks(Let's lock all the doors)
Yeah, all the things I'm gonna do(I'm gonna do with you)
I'm gonna try somethin' new(I wanna try that, too)
I tell you bout' it...

BRIDGE:(It doesn't matter)uh, uh(What I wear)
('Cause it's only gonna be)You and me there

CHORUS:I'm having a party
A party for two (yeah)
Ain't invitin' nobody
Nobody but you (yeah)
Yeah, you
BRIDGE 2:(I'm here) You're there
(That's all) we really need
(We're gonna) We're gonna party hearty
(Just) Just you and me(Don't) Don't think about it now
(Don't) Don't even doubt it now
(I'm inviting you to a) party for two(Whoa!)

[GUITAR SOLO]shake it, shake it(Come on baby!)
Aww, all the things I'm gonna do(I'm gonna do with you)
I'm gonna try somethin' new with you, boy(I wanna try it, too)
I'll tell you that it..

BRIDGE:It doesn't matter what you wear('Cause it's only gonna be)
It's only gonna be you and me(Awwwww, yeah)
[backing] I'm havin' a party(A little bitty party baby)
[backing] A party for twoIt's just me and you(That's right)
[backing] Invitin' nobobyI ain’t inviting anybody(Nobody baby)
[backing]nobody but youChorus (alternating voices, double lyrics)
Come on, Come on(Come on, Come on)Come on, Come on, Come on
(Come on, Come on, yeah)Come on, Come on(Come on, Come on)
Come on, Come on, Come on(Come on, Come on, yeah)
(Just you and me there)
That was great!(Let’s do it again!)

Hi world, how was Wednesday (or in my case, Friday)? It is frickin freezing here. Lots of rain, thunder but MAN it is snow time for sure. And every leaf on that stupid tree next door is in my rain gutters. Oh well, they had to go somewhere! Should get around to cleaning that stuff up sometime when it isn't raining.

Am back down to earth today about M. Hope I didn't overdo it getting all hyper. The person he'd be taking over for was hyper too when I talked to her about it(we are a lot alike). M's also working on a professional but out of the office project, and Issy, Pauly and I are working with him. That man takes on way too much and has NO idea of when to stop. I mean, here he is changing jobs and taking on a huge task.

Oh well, it's his life!

Lou and I went to the best Italian restaurant I've ever been to last night (fantastic food, top notch decor, quiet, well lit, stone building, not to bad prices). Yum. Tonight can't eat anything after 9:00, which is in 15 minutes. No biggie. Because of the dentist thing tomorrow. Guess you can tell that I really like being under the influence of that stuff. Would have made an awful addict--glad I never touched the stuff. The last few times (over 10 years) that they've put me under could still hear and feel the hammering (yes they use hammers, little ones), hearing teeth crumble, and the remarks you'd expect (like 'damn it shattered'). This time don't really want to hear that stuff. I was a biology major and know all too well what the visuals would be, even if I can't feel it. Yay let's hear it for 'better living through chemistry' (that is the old DuPont motto).

Got a lot done today. New Boss is behind in a lot of his deadlines, according to Lou, and she wasn't going to let him leave today without signing stuff. He was kind of snarly (sitting there, trapped in his office by a very fierce Lou), well not exactly snarly, just short, with me last thing today but Lou said that it was the worst day he'd ever had at work and he was tired. Sure hope she's right.

Heard from Pauly, which is always a treat, and Tina, who's a consultant I've worked with and am friends with, over the years. Those calls definitely made my day. Not that the day was bad to begin with, the folks around me are fantastic. And the Witch Lady (head of audit) was out of town too. Everyone was more relaxed and laid back.

So at least tonight's post is more ummm coherent? Have both feet on this planet?

Hope you all are well out there, world. Going blog-hopping tonight...Bridg

6 Comments:

  • At 11/09/2005 09:13:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    (((((((((((( hugs )))))))))))))

    good luck tomorrow i know everything will go just fine. and you get a long weekend to boot!!!

    let us know how you're doing when you can.

     
  • At 11/09/2005 09:51:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks for the hugs Raven, I need them tonight! Right, it is a long weekend YAY!!

    will get back on here as soon as possible....((((hugs)))) Bridg

     
  • At 11/10/2005 01:04:00 AM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Looooove Italian. My older brother gave me two Italian cookbooks for my birthday. One of them is that cute chick who does the T.V. show on the Food Network. Forgot her name.

     
  • At 11/10/2005 01:18:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    Oooh - what Italian place was it???

     
  • At 11/10/2005 01:45:00 PM, Blogger Avery's mom said…

    hope your trip to the DR. goes easy and you are able to remain relaxed.....
    just think of soft fluffy things

     
  • At 11/10/2005 10:19:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    ZS, great taste!!! I like to cook Italian too but I cheat (use bottled sauces and add to them).

    WC, I can't remember the name exactly, think it's Villa Tratoria. It's new, on Riverside drive close to Hunt Club. Very definitely worth a visit.

    Thanks for the advice, Robyn, That's pretty much what I did and it worked...

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home