Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Overjoyed

Artist: Stevie Wonder Lyrics
Song: Overjoyed
Courtesy of: http://www.lyrics007.com/Stevie%20Wonder%20Lyrics/Overjoyed%20Lyrics.html

Over time,
I've building my castle of love
Just for two,
though you never knew you
were my reason
I've gone much too far
for you now to say
That I've got to throw my castle away

Over dreams,
I have picked out a perfect come true
Though you never knew it
was of you I've been dreaming
The sandman has come from too far away
For you to say come back some other day
And though you don't believe that they do
They do come true
For did my dreams
Come true when I looked at you
And maybe too, if you would believe
You too might be
Overjoyed,
over loved,
over me

Over hearts,
I have painfully turned every stone
Just to find,
I had found what I've searched to discover
I've come much too far for me now to find
The love that I've sought can never be mine
And though you don't believe that they do
They do come true
For did my dreams
Come true when I looked at you
And maybe too, if you would believe
You too might be
Overjoyed,
over loved, over me

And though the odds say improbable
What do they know
For in romance
All true love needs is a chance
And maybe with a chance you will find
You too like I
Overjoyed,
over loved,
over you,
over you

Isn't that a terrific song? Really like Stevie Wonder (except for Sir Duke)'s material. Got this idea for this one watching the Saturday Night Live special on the 80s. Good show. It's had its ups and downs but MAN in the 70s and 80s they ruled. Do any of you remember Killer Bees? Samurai tailor? Land Shark?

Cool. As well as Second City, Monty Python and other silliness. It was a great time.

Tried to sleep without meds and gave up at 3:00. Took until 4:30 or so for the meds to kick in. Think I'm going to have to do this over a vacation (say, Christmas) instead of a long weekend. The weird thing is that I woke up at 8:30 and wasn't the least bit sleepy. Even now (took meds, I am NOT going through another long night). Noticed it's almost a full moon..wonder if there's a connection?

Picked up Mom from her hair appointment and drove like a maniac (no that isn't my norm) to the restaurant we wanted to go to. They close in mid-afternoon. We thought at 2:00. Fortunately we were wrong, they close at 3:00. Had the best lunch and cutest waiter ever. The restaurant's called Cora's. It's a chain, originally from (I think) Montreal. There is fruit in almost everything, of all kinds, all of it excellent no matter what time of year you visit. They use sweet cream as well as whipped cream, and the food is unbelievably good. Not high priced either. If you haven't been to a Cora's but get the opportunity, by all means go. You'll be amazed at the high quantity and excellent quality.

Anyhow, after that went grocery shopping. Spent an enormous amount of money but a good part of that was getting a Christmas turkey/stuffing. And two gigantic sets of wintery (evergreens, pine cones, big red bows)potted hanging plants (one for Mom, one for me) to hang up in our front yards. Sobey's had these lovely things outside and being the financially irresponsible person I am, had to get one for each of us.

Found out who was pounding on the door when I was stuck in the washroom on Friday. My sweet cute neighbor (his mother is a year younger than I am!) two doors down, volunteering to rake my leaves. Since he didn't get hold of me, he just did the lady next door's and I did mine. Man that's more exercise than it used to be/looks like. Have had dumb little chest pains ever since (that was before lunch with Mom, 1:30, so I'm sure it's no biggie).

Spent the morning prior to raking with an ankle wrapped in ice (15 minutes an hour) and a serious heat pad wrapped all around my knee/upper thigh on the same leg. Actually didn't limp for a few minutes. Is it weird that the heat (and ice) did far more to kill pain than any of the strong meds I've been taking? What's the story there? Will be doing some internet searches on that one.

How'd you like the dusting post? Really liked that one.

Well hang in there folks. Enjoy the weekend, rest, relax...with family, friends and beloved pets if you can.

Hugs, Bridg

5 Comments:

  • At 11/13/2005 09:57:00 AM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    Eight hours yesterday and probably more today, raking sucks. Oh, I did like the dusting post. Made me laugh as I looked around at my own dust.

     
  • At 11/13/2005 11:47:00 AM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    loved SNL back in the day .. but also have read that they all were doing cocaine all the time .... which i thought was sad.

    i need to dust too ... i was thinking that last night ... thanks for the reminder.

     
  • At 11/13/2005 02:30:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    DMJ, 8 hours sucks royally. Didn't track the time but it was hours here too (8 bags' worth). Glad you liked the dust thing! There's so much to dust here in one small house it's nuts.

    Raven, I heard that too. It is/was sad but thankfully most survived it. Can still remember the shock of John B and Chris F dying. Way too young. Happy you liked the dusting thing but not happy I got you to work on it!!

     
  • At 11/13/2005 05:40:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Sounds like you need a good massage. Forget the meds, try getting a 90 minute or 2 hour massage. See if that works for you.

     
  • At 11/13/2005 11:26:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    ZS what a great idea!! Thank you!! I am making that appointment tomorrow. There are a bunch of spas around here....Lovely!!!


    Hugs, Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home