Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

One Less Set Of Footsteps On Your Floor

One Less Set of Footsteps
Jim Croce
Courtesy of: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/j/jim-croce/71480.html


We been runnin’ away from
Somethin’ we both know
We’ve long run out of things to say
And I think I better go
So don’t be getting excited
Oh when you hear that slammin’ door
Cause there’ll be one less set of footsteps
On your floor in the mornin’
And we’ve been hidin’ from somethin’
That should have never gone this far
But after all it’s what we’ve done
That makes us what we are
And you been talkin’ in silence
But if it’s silence you adore
There’ll be one less set of footsteps
On your floor in the mornin’
Well baby one less set of footsteps on your floor
One less man to walk in
One less pair of jeans on your door
One less voice a-talkin’
But tomorrow’s a dream away
Today has turned to dust
Your silver tongue has turned to clay
And your golden rule to rust
If that’s the way that you want it
Oh that’s the way I want it more
Well they’ll be one less set of footsteps
On your floor in the mornin’
Well there’ll be one less set of footsteps on your floor
One less man to walk in
One less pair of jeans on your door
One less voice a-talkin’
But tomorrow’s a dream away
And today has turned to dust
Your silver tongue has turned to clay
And your golden rule to rust
If that’s the way that you want it
Oh that’s the way I want it more
Cause baby one less set of footsteps
On your floor in the mornin’
Oh baby one less set of footsteps
On your floor in the mornin’

He was good, wasn't he, world?
How are you tonight?

Missed posting recently, was very busy then very tired, at work. But most of it's over now. Made two presentations today and both went really well. This despite the efforts of The Evil One (the female I mentioned before). She showed up in m y office and bent my ear for well over an hour. Tried to scare/initmidate me into doing things her way, which made no sense at all. I nodded, opened eyes wide (am NOT getting into fights with her, that's what she wants) and gave Da Boss a choice. He picked my way. Everyone involved was grinning ear to ear. No names mentioned, it wasn't necessary.

And it was fun, too!!

Glad the day's over and the work's done. The people who helped me are magnificent and I love them!! M might wind up working with us. One of the ladies who helped me (a colleague) is leaving for 2 years and they need a fill in. This is the type of work that M is in charge of in a major organization. His cv is very impressive (they said so too)... just have a very good feeling about this.

AND fixed my hot water heater myself...(i.e. got the flippin' pilot light lit) so this a.m. had both heat and hot water AT THE SAME TIME!

You don't realize how important those two things are until you don't have them. MMMMMMahvelous!!

Also got ugly expensive snow tires put on the car. Ugh. Wanted to buy wheel covers (which I could only afford by plastic) but the parts guys talked me out of it. Said to save my money.

OK OK OK. But I apologized to the car profusely for making it look that way.

It is getting nippy here. Cold enough to consider wearing a jacket.

Hope your side of the world is warm, clear, and snow-free (sorry skiiers, but snow sucks).

Luv, Bridg

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home