Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Friday, November 18, 2005

Lost In Love

Lost In Love
(Graham Russell)
courtesy of: http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Lost-In-Love-lyrics-Air-Supply/379728FFC136B4C34825686C000B8270

I realize the best part of love is the thinnest slice
And it don't count for much
but I'm not letting go
I believe there's still much to believe in
So lift your eyes if you feel you can
Reach for a star and I'll show you a plan
I figured it out
What I needed was someone to show me
You know you can't fool me
I've been loving you too long
It started so easy
You want to carry on
(Chorus)
Lost In love and I don't know much
Was I thinking aloud and fell out of touch?
But I'm back on my feet and eager to be what you wanted
So lift your eyes if you feel you can
Reach for a star and I'll show you a plan
I figured it out
What I needed was someone to show me

You know you can't fool me
I've been loving you too long
It started so easy
You want to carry on

(Chorus)
You know you can't fool me
I've been loving you too long
It started so easy
You want to carry on
(Chorus)
Now I'm lost,
lost in love,
lost in love, lost in love
Now I'm lost, lost in love, lost in love, lost in love
Lost in love, lost in love, lost in love
Lost in love, lost in love, lost in love

Happy Friday everyone! Ca marches?
This day was the most insanely busy of all insanely busy days. Have to work this weekend (couldn't bring myself to do it last night). Bet Lou a litre of wine that I won't do it again (that she knows about)!

Very glad to get home in one piece. It didn't snow much here but enough to become black ice. Saw at leat 5 accidents on the way into work (it's a 20 minute drive) including a dandy where a schoolbus killed a traffic light standard. The standard was bent like a W. No one hurt from the looks of it. Then over the day, the snow melted. By tonight it froze again.

Fun.

For some idiotic reason, opened the cupboard under the cooktop (stove) tonight. Noticed that a tomato can leaked black stuff, which ran into some flour that I didn't know was there.

As I cleaned that stuff up (it is damn hard to kneel or get up from the floor these days), found ANOTHER bag of flour which had been gnawed open.

Mice.

Again.

From the looks of it, just one.

Spent a few hours cleaning that mess up. Had talk with Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe. Naturally she won't EAT mice, but the least she could do is SCARE one! Hope she paid attention but I doubt it, if history is any predictor.

Had a whole bunch of emergencies, real ones, that started from some of the dumbest ideas you've ever heard. This place is pretty underfunded...so that when things land on your desk although they started out warm, they are HOT. Didn't want to bother the troops with it because I turned them loose on a project after we'd brainstormed about it this a.m. Hope they liked that, they looked as if they did. Then got sent to a 3 hour meeting I knew nothing about and to which I contributed very little. Felt like a grade A idiot. Also got there 1/2 hour early. Was replacing someone else, who told me the wrong start time. It took 20 minutes to get to where the meeting was. At least it ended early.

Have this idea about meetings: if they aren't over in an hour or less, something is royally screwed up and it's usually gonna be very painful. Such is life.

Called M on my way to that meeting today, because he is on a retirement course next week for 4 days. Made him promise not to get any ideas about retiring just because he'll be on this course. He agreed (laughing his head off) not to retire for at least 2 years. Told him that we (I) am doing enough work for two people and there is no way he can retire yet! Mentioned this to NBG (he's out of town and called twice) and think he liked the idea of getting M here like yesterday. He also had a simple, fast solution to something that was threatening to drive me the way that NBL went. That man is GOOOOOOOD, let me tell you!!

Am now feeling guilty about the mice not having anything to eat. No kidding.

Is this a worry mood? Think so.

Hey is Russell Crowe bothering anyone? The Yahoo system I use is now flashing news up before I can log in. All it is doing is being irritating to see this stuff. RC throwing stuff (petulant little boy). Robert Blake held accountable (well duh).

Have got to stop reading this stuff....

Is anyone else seeing Harry Potter? Am definitely going tomorrow dragging Mom and Sis too. My grandmother (Mom's mom) had read all the Lord of the Rings books before the age of 90. My mom shows every sign of being as cool at least as far as HP goes. I'm proud of her.

OK no more ranting. Off to blog hop.

Happy weekend, everyone!!

Bridg

6 Comments:

  • At 11/19/2005 07:21:00 AM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    hey girlie!

    i wish it would snow .. (it's already gone from the last little burst we had). but i am not about the black ice thing. ugh!! if people just SLOWED DOWN there would be no accidents; however someone always feels that they are the expert snow/ice drivers!

    we have a mouse too. hehe my cat never ate them either .. she just played with them like toys ... tormented them for hours .... until they died of exhaustion / fright / heart attack ... hehe

    no i am not going to see harry potter. i haven't seen any of them nor have i read the books. odd duck i am ...

    have a wonderful weekend!

     
  • At 11/19/2005 12:44:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hey girl-friend!!! You can have all our snow, OK? Well, that isn't saying much. It's gone from everyone's driveway but mine.

    Glad my spoiled furry brat isn't the only one playing with mice. Not that she scares them, she's so grey and fluffy I think the mice consider her to be their leader (sigh).

    Haven't read the books either. Went to see the first movie when it came out and was so ....stunned/happy with it, couldn't move after it ended. Honest. So it's pretty cool, but understand it's not everyone's cupppa tea.

    Happy Saturday, wishing you tons of snow!

     
  • At 11/19/2005 05:36:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Bsoholic's little sister wrote a review of HP4 already. She seemed to like it.

    I think you need to not feed the most spoiled cat in the universe for a day. She'll then catch that mouse for you and solve that problem.

     
  • At 11/19/2005 10:12:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Zombieslayer, excellent idea. I'd have to be out of the house the entire time, but excellent idea.

    Not sure i want her to EAT them, just scare them into leaving....

     
  • At 11/20/2005 08:27:00 AM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Don't get me started on the friggin' mice!! I'm planning a post on this.
    I had a can of peaches do what your tomatoes did. Why don't items on the BOTTOM shelf ever leak? No, they always have to drip on something underneath!
    We went to HP4 last night. You might have to have read the book to understand it. I highly recommend the books! They're a great way to relax and lose yourself in another world.

     
  • At 11/20/2005 11:35:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    tshsmom, you're absolutely right about losing yourself in another world. Best part of being at the movies, and HP is just so imaginative that it works.

    Will get the books (someday)..little hectic right now for reading. Oh yah, dentist on Tuesday....

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home