Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

It's A New Day

Well, world, survived the dentist thing. The two halcion tabs did absolutely nothing. The cabbie was 100 years old, or so, which was good (nothing to worry about of course). Got there on time. Can you believe that? It's a 20 minute drive on a Saturday that took exactly an hour at 8:30 Friday morning. Coincidentally that's how long the appointment too. Was not asleep during the whole thing but at least the intravenous and nitrous kept me from bolting out of the chair (hate that drill, can't stand the look of the needles--everything about it gives me the creeps. And the machine that tracks heart rate and blood pressure is just annoying (beep beep beep). Used meditation to play around with my heart rate just for the fun of it. Worked.

The worst part is paying a 'partial payment' of $1,000 for that. Good thing I have overdraft.

So then they tried to make me nap afterwards. Nope, not happening, so I just went home in the cab with Mom. Again no probs. Have to go back for the permanent thingies in 10 days--they just have temps on now. And how it hurts, now that everything's worn off. Guess doing two at once on the same side is kinda asking for it.

Have been sleeping ever since until now and decided to post. Not as 'up' as normal but it'll get better. Can't wait to actually eat something lol.

All in all a pretty dull day. Oh yah, we had snow flurries while I was in the chair. Icing on the cake! But at least it didn't stick...

Hope your day was better in every way than mine, folks!! Keep warm!

Luv Bridg

7 Comments:

  • At 11/10/2005 10:48:00 PM, Blogger bsoholic said…

    Ugh, there is nothing I hate worse than the dentist. Which really sucks for me because I have pretty bad teeth. D'OH!

    Glad you survived!

     
  • At 11/11/2005 03:17:00 AM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    The worst part is paying a 'partial payment' of $1,000 for that.

    Ouch! That's a big dental fee.

    I'm not sure how much my biggest fee was. My father paid for my orthodontal work, but my wisdom teeth getting pulled w/insurance was under $500, if I remember correctly.

     
  • At 11/11/2005 10:55:00 AM, Blogger Kris said…

    Bridg, glad you made it through. Those visits are so traumatic, I always need dayS off from work to recover. I wish you a speedy adjustment to your new mouth and new bills! :(

     
  • At 11/11/2005 12:20:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Agree with all of you, bsoholic, ZS, and thank you so much Kris.

    I allegedlly have good teeth but just kept putting off this cap stuff mostly because of the expense. Where I work we do have dental insurance, but it's not a great plan. Blue Cross, which I had at General Motors, was fantastic and paid the whole shot.

    The place where I am now has co-insurance and only pays 45% of 'cosmetic' work like caps. In my case these aren't the least bit cosmetic (so far back they can't be seen) but 'rules are rules' to these folks!

    You are right, Kris about needing a few days. It's been so long since I've had any work done wasn't prepared for the 'more than an hour' nature of this junk.

    And Zomb, the total fee is closer to $1800 and that's only my part.

    Bsoholic, totally agree about not wanting to visit the dentist. Did you see "Little Shop of Horrors" with Steve Martin as the sadistic dentist in black leather? Tee hee hee.

    Man I am in the wrong field...lol. Can you imagine spending your life with your hands in other folks' mouths? For any amount of $$s?

    Me neither!!

    Bridg

     
  • At 11/11/2005 03:39:00 PM, Blogger Avery's mom said…

    they should introduce the use of headphones so you dont have to listen to DR. at work

     
  • At 11/11/2005 05:25:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Oh goody; you get to go back!

     
  • At 11/12/2005 11:00:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Robyn great idea.....

    tshsmom, sigh. That's all I can come up with, sigh....

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home