Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Sunday, November 13, 2005

I Did It Again Last Night

Stayed sleepless, that is! Even with meds took until 4:00 something to get to sleep. This is ridiculous. The raking, heaven knows, was a work out, it isn't lack of exercise. No naps either.

Oh well, sooner or later....Spent the whole morning today luxuriating (watching Pirates of the Caribbean again). MAN that was a cool movie, huh world? It's 2:43 and am just getting dressed (well not right at this moment). It looks a heck of a lot like snow out there, but nothing yet (thank heavens). Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe is napping downstairs, and I get to do all the household stuff I didn't do yesterday. Actually don't mind doing it, and if it doesn't get done it bugs me. Less hassle to get it over with.

The lawn looks a lot better with no leaves, although the leaves killed all the grass. More to do in spring, I guess. The heat treatment on my knee works wonders. Someone cleaned out my gutters of leaves. Will get them that winter bouquet thing but don't know which neighbor it was (am guessing Emmi).

*BING* light goes on over head...since I've been using heat, have not taken naproxen and that's also when the sleeplessness hit. Hmmmmm. Well bod will just have to get used to it. Can't keep taking that stuff forever. Don't know what kind of damage it does (sure that most meds hurt as well as help) but I've been taking 300 mgs/day over the daily max (1200) for weeks.

OOps just remembered have to get gas in the car too. Cha-ching. Has anyone noticed the price going down? Me neither. Were there more hurricanes that I missed? How long does it take to get one back on line? Something tells me that the oil companies would not be all that slow to do so.

Now Bridg, stop being cynical.

OK off to do laundry, linen/litter changing, that kind of stuff. Happy Sunday, All!

Bridg

5 Comments:

  • At 11/13/2005 05:39:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Spent the whole morning today luxuriating (watching Pirates of the Caribbean again).

    I've watched that movie probably ten times and still love it.

    As for sleep, something bothering you? Stressed? You said you're exercizing, so that's not it.

    Your mind might be pre-occupied with something and not letting you sleep.

     
  • At 11/13/2005 09:36:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Our daughter is going to a sleep class for her insomnia. I'll let you know if she finds out anything helpful.

     
  • At 11/13/2005 11:23:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    ZS, yet more evidence of your good taste! It is just such a soooo cool movie! Every time I watch that thing, I get just as into it as the first time.

    Re sleep, yes little things. Nothing to lose sleep over (ha ha ha)..am very worried about M's interview on Tuesday on a few counts: the boss was grumpy on Friday for the first time ever (and I wasn't exempt as I usually am--actually I did something I shouldn't have done on his behalf. Did it before and survived, guess he wants to do that stuff himself), worry about M (will have to retire if something doesn't turn up soon), and last and least, if New Boss doesn't like him it won't reflect that well on me (see grumpy comment). M's got the brains and experience, it's just that every once in a while he goes Jesuit on me. Rigid, data-dense/people light. Not often, so I'm hoping this will not be one of those times.

    Have a flock of innocents/newbies who may or may not report to me (this changes from hour to hour), I will have to get them to work with contractors (we are broke), another major task was on time until last week when all my helpers had to beg off and on it goes. The usual ebb and flow of work. Nothing near what I had to deal with before.

    It's been an expensive fall ($4K roof, $2.5K furnace, $600 glasses (no not ritzy), $800 snowtires and rims, blah blah blah and Christmas is coming. Just noticed that all the socializing with Lou is also hitting me hard financially. She needs to go out almost every night of the week. I"m a homebody. Not because of funds, just am like that.

    Tshsmom, would really appreciate anything you find out. All I get told to do is exercise, meditate and change jobs. This weekend two of thos things were in place and it was worse than ever.

    On the other hand, it's a full bleeping moon and that does interfere.

    sorry for rambling on like this.... stopped the naproxen immediately. It has all kinds of horrid kidney and liver impacts over 500 mg and I was taking 3 times that level (and still had pain).

    Bridget Jones, walking pharmacy experiment.....

     
  • At 11/14/2005 10:43:00 AM, Blogger Storm said…

    I hate when I cannot sleep. That sucks.

    I hope you got some much needed rest last night.

     
  • At 11/14/2005 08:18:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Storm welcome back!!!

    Nope last night was just as bad. Full moon and my (new) boss was grumpy on Wed. night so it scared the liver out of me, I think. Had nothing to do with it but it brought back memories of Mr. B.

    Much better today, I think.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home