Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Everything That Touches You

courtesy of: http://www.inlyrics.com/lyrics/A/Association/58560.html
(Terry Kirkman)
In my most secure moments, I still can't believe
I'm spending those moments with you
And the ground I am walking, the air that I breathe
Are shared at those moments with you
You love for real, you show the feel
Of everything that touches you
In the songs I've been singing, quite often a phrase
Comes close to the feeling of you
But I never suspected that one of those days
The wish of a song would come true
You love for real, you show the feel
Of everything that touches you
You are of gracefulness, you are of happiness
You are what I would guess to be most like
What I've been singing of
Love, love, love, love
In the songs I've been singing, quite often a phrase
Comes close to the feeling of you
But I never suspected that one of those days
The wish of a song would come true
You love for real, you show the feel
Of everything that touches you
Love, love, love, love

Oldie but goody, huh world?
It is a cool one tonight here. Allegedly we had 10 centimeters (whatever that is in inches) but it looks like more than that. The ice under it was fun to drive on (not). Took a lot of people as long as 2-3 hours to get to work today.

Would have been a great day to curl up in front of a fire in pjs with a book, blanket and whatever (tea?) to drink. But had a presentation, a big one, to make so in to work I went, along with a lot of other folks who can't drive on ice. Took an hour (usually 20 minutes) which wasn't all that bad. VERY glad for snow tires, let me tell you.

Presentation went OK too. Most of the talking/negotiating turned out to be done by my boss (NBG) who is fantastically good at negotiating and presenting. He really is.

Was so busy after actually did not know what end was up. Not exaggerating either. The troops, bless their hearts, volunteered to help, but the main thing was data that 3 other groups were supposed to produce before 1:00. The last one checked in at about 5:45, and the numbers were changing as I typed. Have read this thing so many times I can't see it anymore, or care. That's dangerous! But it got done, I think.

Don't get me wrong, I love this job and the people (except the Witch and she's almost irrelevant). Just don't like being out of control in that way. In lots of ways, it's fun but not that one!

Kept running into the same lady over and over at work. She is calm, nice, smart, funny and just so gracious you can't help relaxing in her presence. Honest, must have bumped into her at least 6 times. It was great. Another pal "made" me eat her home-made cookies, her grandmother's recipe. They were fantastic and I love visiting with her, she's so nice. She and NBG were given an award for our organization's contribution to charity. It was a wonderful achievement, and both of them worked hard for it (not the award, the charity. When they went to this do, neither of them knew about the award).

Was very glad to get home tho. Just to make the world stop spinning for a few hours. M cannot get here soon enough, we desperately need more hands. NBL is supposed to be back at work on Monday. No one knows if she will show or not, or how well she's doing. It was very hard for me to go back after one month, can't imagine two.

Sis is now cooking Christmas dinner. Mom thought that she was doing the cooking originally. So I'd bought a big monster turkey. Made a deal with Sis. I'm giving her the turkey if she'll buy the appetizers that we make for trimming the tree (I mean for everyone to eat). Am bringing the turkey whenever we go to see Harry Potter to give to Sis. If it isn't this weekend, I'm gonna explode (need some fantasy!).

Hope that everyone's Thanksgiving yesterday was wonderful and that most of you escaped snow (unless like Raven you like snow..in which case hope you had tons!)!

Hugs, world!!

Bridg

2 Comments:

  • At 11/24/2005 10:38:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    it was a gorgeous 60 degrees here .... sun was out ... no snow :( it's rare that we have snow on Thanksgiving but the strangest thing .. a man across the street was mowing his lawn today!! in November!?! ugh!!

    glad you had a good day and have things arranged for Christmas ... man hard to believe that's like 5 weeks away ... where does the time go?

    hope you have a good day tomorrow and a good weekend!!

     
  • At 11/25/2005 10:30:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Lovely to hear from my Sista!!! 60 degrees?? Man we should have stayed in Denver. Mowing a lawn in November...man sign me up.

    As far as I remember, it's still July...lol.

    Have a wonderful weekend Raven!!

    Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home