Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Don't Worry, Be Happy

copyright: Bob Marley
Courtesy of: http://www.lyrics007.com/Bob%20Marley%20Lyrics/Don't%20Worry,%20Be%20Happy%20Lyrics.html

(whistling)
Here's a little song i wrote,
you might want to sing it note for note,
don't worry, be happy
in every life we have some trouble,
when you worry you make it double
don't worry, be happy
dont worry be happy now
dont worry be happy
dont worry be happy
dont worry be happy
dont worry be happy
aint got no place to lay your head,
somebody came and took your bed,
don't worry, be happy
the landlord say your rent is late,
he may have to litagate,
dont worry
(small laugh)
be happy,
look at me im happy,
don't worry, be happy
i give you my phone number,when your worried, call me,
i make you happy
don't worry, be happy
aint got no cash, aint got no style,
aint got no gal to make you smile
but don't worry, be happy
cos when you worry, your face will frown,
and that will bring everybody down,
so don't worry, be happy
don't worry, be happy now...don't worry, be happy
don't worry, be happydon't worry, be happy
don't worry, be happy
now there this song i wrote
i hope you you learned it note for note
like good little children
dont worry be happy
listen to what i say
in your life expect some trouble
when you worry you make it double
dont worry be happy be happy now
dont worry, be happy
dont worry, be happy
dont worry, be happy
dont worry, be happy
dont worry
dont worry be happy
don't worry, don't worry, don't do it,be happy,
put a smile on your face,don't bring everybody down like this
don't worry, it will soon pass whatever it is,
don't worry, be happy,
i'm not worried

The man was good, wasn't he? Cool little song.

Hope your Saturday was all right but not for fighting, world?
Lots of little stupid things went wrong with mine but nothing permanent. You know, people backing up almost into me, almost had a motorcycle in my trunk (his fault but who cares it would have been a horrible accident), and the stuff they put on my head to color my hair itched and burned like hell. The other 4 women in the place at the same time said the same thing. They also colored my eyebrows so I looked like Groucho Marx until they took it off. Either something was wrong with the color/peroxide or it's time to turn the humidifiers on.

Did get everything I needed to get done done. Well almost. The paintings look gorgeous but smaller now that they're framed. Have to put them up tomorrow. Have no idea what white boards cost but will get one or two of those also. Assuming that they don't cost the earth.

Have been going to a local drugstore for 14 years (since I moved here). Recently they've started screwing up all kinds of things, and there are several new people doing prescriptions who are, um let's say rude and hard to take. Today had to get a Paxil prescription filled. I fill the whole prescription at once because these guys keep forgetting to note the refills on my prescriptions. Anyway the particularly rude (fat) lady I'm talking about was unfortunately the only one who could wait on me. She said that Paxil is on back order till December.

Are you kidding me? That stuff is more commonly prescribed than pain killers like Asprin. And they're out of it???

Took the prescription back, went to another drug store chain across the street and had no problems at all getting it filled.

This is the third time in a row that my old guys let me down. The other two times they lost the prescriptions, then said that the doctor hadn't called them back (at first saying that the doc had to authorize the refill, thus it's the doc's fault that the refill wasn't ready). I called the doc's office on the spot, and they told me that they'd prescribed a year's worth of refills for me months ago (this is heart/blood pressure/blood thinner stuff. Not exactly luxury items), and when I informed the drugstore of that they 'found' the refill. This with a lot of 'in your face' stuff from the heavy one. So I"ve been moving my prescriptions over to the new place. Thought I'd give them another chance.

Mistake.

Oh well, lesson learned, I"m outa there.

Hair looks good, scalp doesn't burn anymore, M isn't mad about being teased, got groceries, changed litter and did trash/recycling, ran 99% of the errands I had to do.

Not bad for one machine (to quote Moulinex).

Hope your day was better? Filled with less ummmmm interesting parts?

Hugs, Bridg

6 Comments:

  • At 11/06/2005 12:12:00 AM, Blogger braindead said…

    hi!!

    sorry for the long absence.. my exams aren't over yet! :( they'll be on the 17th though and i can continue with my blogs then!

    thanks for still visitin my blog though! hehe!

    good luck with yours which seems to be going pretty strong! :)
    bye

     
  • At 11/06/2005 10:38:00 AM, Blogger NewYorkMoments said…

    I need to commit this song to memory and adopt it as a mantra.

     
  • At 11/06/2005 10:45:00 AM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    the prescription thing?? ugh!!!

    like you said time to move on. things change .. businesses change .. and it's sad that these KIDS have to come in and act like customer service is a thing of the past. i'd get out too . there are many other places that would love and cherish your business. it's their loss.

    (( hugs ))

     
  • At 11/06/2005 12:26:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    braindead--good! Glad you're still in there and kicking. Looking forward to seeing/reading your updates and thanks for the good wishes!

    NYM I just love your comments. Made the same resolution you did about that song...tee hee hee!

    Raven, hugs right back! Glad I'm not being 'picky', but this has happened so many times. You're right, they are 'kids', definitely not the older/owner types. yikes. Hope I wasn't like that as a kid...my bro (the one with the sane wife) left that pharmacy for the same reason a year ago.

     
  • At 11/06/2005 12:55:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    I hate rude customer service. Don't they realize that they aren't the only game in town? Professionalism, even if you are digging ditches.

     
  • At 11/06/2005 07:15:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Absolutely agree, DMJ. Actually it bothered me so much that I sent in a written complaint (e-mail).

    Will keep you posted on what, if anything, happens.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home