Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Workin At The Carwash Blues

Yay Jim Croce!!

How are you tonight, world? Here the weather is definitely confused. It's warm again. Warm enough for a/c?? In Canada??? In October??? Oh well, get to wear the summer stuff a bit more. The garden's still in bloom. It is sooo nice.

Last night was the second without meds. Did take some time and watching some awful movie (Anaconda, I think) until 2 but it worked. Will skip the meds from now on. Didn't do much today except go to get some pants hemmed (5'8", all of it torso, definitely not legs!) and groceries. Mom did her thing (hair, groceries) on her own. That was good because I didn't wake up until noon. The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe was nearly starved to death, according to her, by the time I got up.

One night last week I hung out with my boss' executive assistant, a real fun lady named Lou, until 11. We had dinner at a nearby restaurant which sort of re-piqued my interest in good cooking. So tonight made a pasta dinner from scratch. Love cooking....it's kind of soul-satisfying. Did want to cheat (use bottled sauce) but didn't have the one I wanted/needed so had to do another kind of sauce. Am getting hungry again just thinking of it.

Do any of you use those scented oil things? Do they work? Mine sure didn't. Put them all in a set of plastic bags and stowed them. Went back to the plug-in things. The plastic bags smell nice lol.....

Confidence is coming back. Just got overwhelmed (do NOT like this manager stuff but oh well). Tomorrow will do movie and dinner (with Mom of course). Back to the routine. Miss Smoke (Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe) bullied me into giving her two dinners. She tried just licking the sauce off of one dinner and then started nagging me for another dinner. THAT was going to far and didn't work.

Man some people's (four footed) children!!

Little Bro called Mom tonight. Told her that he is definitely not suicidal. To a 77 year old, those are not great words to hear. Not to my 53 year old ears either.

Little Bro is married to the meanest woman I've ever met, other than her mother. Her twin brother was murdered in Africa about 15 years ago. He was a lawyer and engineer. Right after that, she, her mom and (late) father used to plan how they'd kill themselves. They.are.nuts. LB proposed to her about that time. I thought that he could pull her out of the nonsense her parents were in. I was wrong. She's become angrier and meaner ever second since her bro died and her mother just went even crazier than she was in the first place.

Her mom brought her bro's pictures to their wedding, their daughter's first Holy Communion, etc. in a large brown paper grocery bag and spent her time at the receptions for all these events travelling from stranger to stranger, showing them her photos. It's sad, except for the violence and depth of hatred that these folks have, mostly for LB, me, my Mom--in fact the whole family, because we're close. LB isn't allowed to talk to us or visit. Like I said, NUTS!! They managed to save about $800K among them, I suspect with her dead bro's assets, and to them this is a very important thing (money). They hate Halloween, Christmas (for the idea of giving away things)...parties....just about any joyful event. Sort of like extra-terrestrials from a very angry planet. Didn't get better with time. Got worse. Any time any of us ate at their house, we got sick. I mean violently, just-barely-got-home-in-time sick. We all gave up (a) eating and (b) going over there. Was too hard being yelled at, insulted and poisoned at the same time. Had better things to do. Every once in a while, my SIL will call my Mom at 5 or so in the morning and yell at her. Why? Beats us. I threatened them with police and Bell charges against harassment. That seemed to stop things at least until now. I love my niece and nephew, but they are at an age where they can find me if need be. And I'm positive that day's coming.

LB is going to Montreal (where his MIL lives) this weekend. He wanted my Mom to know that if anything happens to him, it isn't suicide. OMG. I hope it'll be OK. Think he is insane for living--can you imagine sleeping?--with someone who obviously means him harm. Hopefully they are close to breaking up. Their two kids will be in therapy for years, can see that right now.

When the movie "The Whole 9 Yards" came out, Mom and I went to see it and cracked up laughing. The wife's name is the same as LB's, her attitude and that of her mom are the same as the ones in the movie. And the film's set in Montreal. Hope real life imitates art in this case. The wife took off and eventually went to jail.

OK enough of that. If I think about that too much won't be able to sleep. Reads like a bad movie, except it's real.

Gotta go look for jokes for you guys.

Have a wonderful tomorrow, world. ((((hugs)))) Bridg

6 Comments:

  • At 10/02/2005 04:13:00 AM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    omg

    i hope your brother is okay ..... hiow frightening!!!! i hope your little brother is okayl.. (( hugs ))

     
  • At 10/02/2005 09:04:00 AM, Blogger jipzeecab said…

    It always amazes me what some people will do...and what some will put up with..I hope your brother wants and can find an uncomplicated way out of his situation.

     
  • At 10/02/2005 09:28:00 AM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    How horrible for your brother and the kids to live in such a loveless world!! I sure hope such a hate-filled life hasn't totally screwed up the kid's minds!

    Hey, I'm 5'8" too. Only I'm ALL leg. Send me the material you cut off your pants; I can add it to mine ;)

     
  • At 10/02/2005 02:53:00 PM, Blogger Lorna said…

    Hi, came over by way of Jay's comments---also an Ottawa blogger and having read your last 10 or so posts, would like to put you on my blogroll. Sad to see J and J gone to Toronto, but she'll make as good reading as ever I guess.

     
  • At 10/02/2005 04:03:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    I had a feeling Anaconda would be bad. I see a lot of used DVDs for that movie for sale.

    I'll have to check out The Whole 9 yards if you laughed at it.

     
  • At 10/02/2005 09:46:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks to everyone...no word from Rick today...

    Thanks Raven. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Have gone through similar calls from LB before...

    Jipzee, you nailed it. It sounds to me like abuse only this time it's the female doing it. Sure hope he gets out and hopefully takes his son with him.

    Tshsmom--material's on its way lol. You're right, it is a loveless way to be. My dad picked on the poor kid all his life, and LB managed to find a woman who does the same thing. With the exception of the one he married, all the ladies he dated were good looking, smart and nice. I've heard similar things about my Mom (i.e. all her all boyfriends were....).

    Lorna, it would be an honour (note the 'u'? giggle) to be linked to your blog. PLease link away!!

    Zomb, it was a HOOT of a movie! I like Bruce Willis, and he was cool in it. There's a new face in the movie who steals the show....

    hugs and hopes to all, Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home