Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

True Colors

True Colors
written by Cyndi Lauper (prefer Phil Collins' version tho)
courtesy of: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/p/phil-collins/108047.html

You with the sad eyes
Don’t be discouraged
Oh I realize
It’s hard to take courage
In a world full of people
You can lose sight of it all
And the darkness, inside you
Can make you feel so small
But I see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
And that’s why I love you
So don’t be afraid to let them show
Your true colors
True colors are beautiful,
Like a rainbow
Show me a smile then,
Don’t be unhappy, can’t remember
When I last saw you laughing
If this world makes you crazy
And you’ve taken all you can bear
You call me up
Because you know I’ll be there
And I’ll see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
And that’s why I love you
So don’t be afraid to let them show
Your true colors
True colors are beautiful,
Like a rainbow
[intru part]
So sad eyes
Discouraged now
Realize
When this world makes you crazy
And you’ve taken all you can bear
You call me up
Because you know I’ll be there
And I’ll see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
And that’s why I love you
So don’t be afraid to let them show
Your true colors
True colors, true colors
Cos there’s a shining through
I see your true colors
And that’s why I love you
So don’t be afraid to let them show
Your true colors, true colors
True colors are beautiful,
Beautiful, like a rainbow

Isn't that a beautiful song, world?

And what a season to read them in too (unless you're in the stormy part of the world, and if so I am so very sorry for you all).

Today was the best day I've had at work for a very long time. Years. Got lots done, but better than that knew what I was doing! And it got done!!! Also did some teaching and passed some really good info on to the guys.

I am worried about Lou. We were talking about what I'm going to do to get more healthy. Said that fat is now OUT (well as much as you're supposed to do that) and that I'm not going to drink like we have been (2 drinks a night every weeknight was adding up) because (a) of the calories and (b) cause I eat more when I've had a drink (like smoking). Anyway she said she'd rather give up eating than drinking and that it's easier. She kind of insisted.

Man I hope she was kidding. Really.

Last thing either of us needs is a problem in THAT area! Bad enough being over 50 over weight and new in a job. Alcohol just isn't in the picture (at least for me). Nah, she must have been kidding.

So was good all day yesterday and today with eating and taking vitamins. Did I mention yesterday that there are 'eye' vitamins? Yep. Started on that too.

Arthritis and heart stuff are bad enough but I'm drawing the line at the eyes. THAT's serious stuff.

Mom and Sis are doing just fine. Sis is up to something. Said that Mom isn't hard of hearing--that she overheard something Sis said that was a secret and Sis asked her to keep it to herself until whatever it is is done. And that Mom's probably worrying or thinking about what Sis said to her (i.e. not listening to me). Fine! Glad her hearing's OK.

Secrets suck. Am not worried about whatever it is, for Pete's sake the kid is 45 years old! She knows what she's doing. I'm too lazy to keep or manufacture secrets. Takes too much energy to keep things like that bottled up, and does anyone else really care anyway? It's much easier being open, at least for me.

What do you folks think about that?

Am so happy and content it's disgusting.

Heh heh heh.

Hope you're equally or more happy, world.

Stay warm!!

Bridg (and The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe)

6 Comments:

  • At 10/26/2005 09:07:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Yup, it takes WAY too much energy to keep secrets or lie! I don't have the time or energy for either one.

     
  • At 10/26/2005 09:14:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    Honesty is the best policy. Sorry for the cliche. It gets really draining and complicated to keep secrets. One always leads to another. I'd just stay out of it if I were you, and let what happens happen. It's got nothing to do with you.

     
  • At 10/27/2005 02:09:00 PM, Blogger Storm said…

    That is one of my favorite songs of all time. Lovely.

    Yes...honesty is the best policy. I've learned that over and over again in my own life.

     
  • At 10/27/2005 07:12:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Ladies, needless to say totally agree. WC, don't you find that cliches became cliches because they're true and got repeated a lot?

    Tshsmom, WC and Storm, am glad to be in your company!!!

     
  • At 10/27/2005 09:54:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    I actually like the original Cyndi Lauper song better. Don't really like Phil Collins, except for that Miami Vice song he wrote. Love that song.

    I really like Cyndi Lauper. She seems to pour her heart into everything she does. Sure, she doesn't have the greatest voice, but I'll give her props for effort.

     
  • At 10/28/2005 11:36:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    ZS, if you have to have a fault, that ain't a bad one!!

    lol

    I like Cyn too. Just prefer Phil. He does get overplayed...but like him, and Sting, and Peter Gabriel (are you covering your ears yet?)

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home