Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Sloop John B

This one is for Mel!!

Hola world, sorry was MIA for a while. Was off sick yesterday--slept till 2:30 pm. Today Sis is off and was told to stay off for a week. Hmmm must be going around? Well, she works like a slave, that one.

Had a great compliment from the boss today (via his executive assistant). Said I'm 'fully trained' in all parts of my job. That means he thinks I know what I'm doing (ha!). This makes me a little nervous. I've been here exactly a month today and have so much to learn about the place it's unreal. But I am very glad that he has faith in me.

He does tend to change his mind about folks a lot tho. Oh well so far so good.

Went to dinner with pal Lou tonight and had a whale of a time talking about our pasts, meaning of life, etc. Very cool. Unfortunately that makes me long for the weekend when it's 'funner' to talk about such things when you don't have to get up early the next day.

Fortunately, my meetings tomorrow start at 9:00 with a VERY cute guy.

Net: good!!!

Talked to Mom on the way home. She said that she's never felt better in her life. That scares the bejabbers out of me, but she does act and feels fine, so...why borrow trouble?

The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe is again howling. Must go...it's after 11:00. I find writing these posts is also energizing, so have to wind down in order to fall asleep.

Man this working for a living jazz....do the rest of you bloggers find this? Does blogging relax or energize you?

Night, world.....Bridg

3 Comments:

  • At 10/20/2005 08:37:00 AM, Blogger Mel said…

    Thanks Bridg, you rock!

    Good luck with your meeting with the hottie today!

     
  • At 10/20/2005 03:39:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Blogging usually relaxes me. I guess it depends on content. If I read something that inspires me or pisses me off, I'm energized.

     
  • At 10/20/2005 08:56:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    You rock muchly too, Mel (((hugs)))! The meeting went great...he is soooo cute.

    Tshsmom, I know what you mean. It's one of those things I 'gotta' do, but usually get so inspired...oh well.

    Need more meds (ha ha just kidding)!!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home