Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Saturday, October 15, 2005

The Sign

The Sign, Ace of Base courtesy of: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/a/ace-of-base/3645.html

For Undies

Shock!
I got a new life
You would hardly recognize me
I’m so glad
How can a person like me care for you
Why do I bother
When you’re not the one for me
Is enough enough
I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes
I saw the sign
Life is demanding without understanding
I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes
I saw the sign
No one’s gonna drag you up
To get into the light where you belong
But where do you belong
Under the pale moon
For so many years I’ve wondered
Who you are
How can a person like you bring me joy
Under the pale moon
Where I see a lot of stars
Is enough enoughI saw the sign and it opened up my eyes
I saw the sign
Life is demanding without understanding
I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes
I saw the sign
No one’s gonna drag you up
To get into the light where you belong
But where do you belong
I saw the sign and it opened up my mind
And I am happy now
Living without you
I’ve left you all alone
I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes
I saw the sign
No one’s gonna drag you up
To get into the light where you belong
I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes
I saw the sign

Never realized what these lyrics were saying but when I read through them it reminded me of Undies.

Hola world, hope your weekend's bright and fun....

Sun peeked out here for the first time in about two weeks. Not that rain is bad, but....sun is nice

Doctor appointment didn't keep me waiting as long as it usually does (2 hours). They don't know what's up. Going to do echocardiogram in two weeks. Prescribed diuretics to get rid of some of the ankle mess (doc's words when she noticed them: 'oh dear'). She also said--YAHOO--that I can take pain killers because my blood pressure's fine. Oh MAN what a relief. Not that the painkillers do all that much, but something beats nothing anyday in my book. And she prescribed (at my request) naproxen. In Canada you can't buy it over the counter for some reason. Anyway, it helps!! Also...have more cardiac blockages. Two more. One's on the same artery on which I have the stent, the other's on the other big cardiac artery.

Not to worry, 50% of folks who have heart attacks don't have blockage/cholesterol probs.

And she said that I can go back to treadmilling (is that a word?). So this is all cool.

Am very glad about the diuretics!

Was supposed to go for a drink with M on Friday night but he had a cold and was at home. That's good as it turns out. Got a lovely compliment from New Boss (guy) on the work I stayed late to do and a big thank you too. Made my week/day. He said that my expertise shows, and that it's helping a lot to get this huge job done. *grin twinkle* it's surprising how much difference a nice word or two can make!

Mom's doing great. Sis is too. Haven't heard from either Bro in a while, which is good news (bad news travels fast).

Off to do shopping etc.

Have a lovely day, world!

Hugs, Bridg

3 Comments:

  • At 10/16/2005 08:32:00 AM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    WE INTERRUPT THIS PROGRAM FOR BRIDG TO RUN TO THE BATHROOM; SHE'S ON DIURETICS.

    I figured you'd need this public service message. ;)
    Hope they help!

     
  • At 10/16/2005 06:14:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Got a lovely compliment from New Boss (guy) on the work I stayed late to do and a big thank you too.

    Wonderful. Always good to be appreciated.

    Enjoy shopping. I'm taking Mrs. Z to buy a purse tomorrow. I love taking her shopping. Love to see that little smile when she finds something she really likes.

     
  • At 10/16/2005 09:43:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    tshsmom--ROFP!! No not literally!!!

    ZS how are you liking not being at the office? I can't believe Mrs. Z's luck in finding an intelligent, fun guy who likes shopping.

    WOW.

    Night, All!!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home