Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Needle And The Damage Done

Hey world, how goes it??

Today was hot again and it'll be hotter tomorrow: 28! OK can't move back to Farenheight too well but it's a/c time again. If this is climate change I'll take it....

Got a few more groceries and two new suits (thus am again overdraft), both dark grey. There are some really obnoxious colours all over out there, so dark grey it is. I mean, LIME GREEN? Who's gonna wear THAT? Oh never mind, someone probably does. And the worst pink I've ever imagined. Pepto Bismol makes a nicer pink. No big deal, just wonder if whoever is in charge of such decisions actually hates women deep down. Both pairs of pants have to be taken up, naturally.

More importantly, no word from Little Bro. Hope he is OK, we would have heard by now if he isn't (the police would have called. In the past, they've actually had to call the police to keep the MIL from driving home to Montreal drunk. Lovely). Sis and I think he tried negotiating with the Dynamic Duo in Montreal (e.g., how much it's going to cost for them to break up. EWWWWWWWWWWWW! Doing that at all? Especially without a lawyer?). My shrink said that 'when you live with them, you get like them'. In this case that's not a good thing.

Re more mundane matters, got some glucosamine sulphate. Figured out (duh) that some of the probs I've had with pain have to do with cutting my daily dose of this stuff. And found something new (to me) in the herbal line for arthritis, Celadrin. Better than that, a small booklet on managing arthritis came with it. MAN have I been messing up (hence the title of tonight's post).

Had read it before, but didn't believe it until now, taking NSAIDS (non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs) increases joint deterioration. So by taking ibuprofen, was (3 tablets at a time, for months) actually making the arthritis worse as well as damaging my liver. See this link for related info on health aids (http://healthlibrary.epnet.com/GetContent.aspx?token=2f013354-aed3-4319-b034-45acd76f4b1c&chunkiid=21505) on arthritis and NSAIDS http://www.jr2.ox.ac.uk/bandolier/booth/booths/bones.html. Not that pristine livers are a big concern, but again it's related to pain. Definitely am not in favour of pain. Well maybe in Mr. B's butt but that's about all....

So for now am trying to do this the non-NSAIDS way. Do feel better with the Celadrin but it may be just in my head. Also am starting (again) on the weight battle. According to this booklet, a gain of 10 pounds puts 40 additional pounds of pressure on joints. I've gain a lot more than 10 pounds! Wish I could type that entire booklet into this space, it would be useful.

So if I'm successful the clothes I just bought won't fit but my old ones will.

Is it Sunday night so soon? AGAIN? Wouldn't you all just love a week or two somewhere sunny with a beach? Am ready myself....

Happy Monday world. Please keep your fingers crossed for LB....Bridg

Dinner with Mom was great. She had some Aleve (can't get that over the counter up in Canada, so we go to New York every once in a while). That plus two margeritas definitely helped with the leg. Thanksgiving in Canada is next weekend, so we talked about that. Sis is doing the cooking, bless her heart. Know why we do Thanksgiving in October? Because by November, like in the U.S., NO ONE in Canada is feeling thankful about the weather (lol hey I bet that really is the reason!).

9 Comments:

  • At 10/03/2005 01:13:00 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    Hey Bridg, long time no see! Now that I have a job, I can never sit down and read everybody's blogs! Or post in my own blog, for that matter... but I did want to stop by and see what's up with you, and say hey!

    Glad to know you are on to bigger (and hopefully better!) things work-wise. I hope your bro is OK. I have been scanning your posts, and will need to catch up on the details (I've missed soooo much stuff!). I have been thinking of ya and hoping you've had a positive summer. Sorry for being MIA for so long! :( Even though I don't usually have time to write in my blog, I will check in on ya! Take care and I'm wishing you MUCH, MUCH GOOD LUCK with everything! :)

     
  • At 10/03/2005 01:42:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    I think Canadian Thanksgiving has more to do with the harvest time in Britain and the church over there.

    I think there's more to be thankful for in October than in November, personally. Like all the fall colours, the bounty of harvests, etc.

    Plus we don't have to put up with competing with football.

     
  • At 10/03/2005 04:38:00 PM, Blogger Kris said…

    Bridget, I love that you can see the humorous side of things. It makes me smile.

    Hope your brother is alright.

     
  • At 10/03/2005 05:22:00 PM, Blogger Justice said…

    Every weekend for me is spent at or near the beach...but then again that's because I live there. LOL

     
  • At 10/03/2005 06:29:00 PM, Blogger jipzeecab said…

    No naproxin over the counter in Canada?..I couldn't survive without that...hate to see the inside of my liver..lol..
    I keep forgetting to take Glucasomine, then I have to start all over again building it up..
    I hope your LB figures it all out soon..

     
  • At 10/03/2005 07:51:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    I had to get a perscription for naproxen...didn't realize it was any other way...

     
  • At 10/03/2005 11:22:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hey CHRIS!!! YAY!! Long time no see darn right! Welcome back and hope you're enjoying your job. Have been at the new job for I think 2 weeks. Feels like 2 years some days, 2 hours others. Am so glad you're back!!

    WC I agree re October...man, every bad thing that ever happened (except my getting married, lol) happened in November. Every death, every divorce...it's just an awful month. Was half kidding about not being grateful in the Great White North in Nov. Yah isn't that odd about naproxen?

    Kris, glad about the smile!! Will keep up the smart aleky comments...Haven't heard from LB so all is well. Isn't that odd (about silence being good)?

    Justice-- YOU LIVE AT THE BEACH???That is simply too much. Tell me you're kidding. I'd love to do that.

    Jipzee you and I are in the same boat re our livers. Not from drinking, from meds/herbs. Guess they'd either be great or really ummmm beaten up?

    Bridg

     
  • At 10/04/2005 07:38:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    I HATE that lime green, pukey, booger color soooo much!! I actually have friends that have bought t-shirts in that color and wear them just to annoy me. My daughter is also thinking of painting her living room that color. YUCK!!!

     
  • At 10/04/2005 09:17:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    tshsmom, isn't there an even more obnoxious color you could wear to get back at them, lol? Glad I'm not the only one who's annoyed by that shrieking green yuk...Bridg

    p.s. your friends do sound funny...

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home