Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Lookin' Out My Back Door

Wow CCR. Don't think I liked them when they were around, did you? Kinda a guys' group if you know what I mean.

Still rainy here ...but that's OK. Got in to see a sports med doctor first thing today. What I thought would take 15 minutes took 2 hours, most of it waiting to get an X ray done. Have arthritis on both sides of kneecap and the anti-inflammatory pain killers (Tylenol does zip for me) cause blood pressure increases so I can't take them.

Artificial joints, anyone? Am only half kidding here.

Asked what was wrong with the balloon ankles. He poked his finger into my leg from ankle to knee and wherever he poked stayed poked in. Looked weird. Said it was 'pitted edema' (lovely sounding, isn't it) and to check it out with the heart guy (that one is on Friday). Oh well knowledge is power, allegedly. Then as an added treat, scheduled me for physio at (get this) 7:45. A.M., that is (means getting up at 6:00). And also have a meeting on Friday a.m. at 8:30.

OK message received. Start getting up early. OK OK OK!!

Got assigned a really neat project with great people to work on today too. It's a teckie job, and involves very nice women from a nearby group including the director, since my new but off for a month director boss lady comes back in 5 days. Also the ladder climing audit type but...she's not the main thing. I can't wait. Am not fond of supervision/management. Like to do work! AND my new office is ready YAHOO!! I move in first thing tomorrow. Is that cool or what? Am beginning to get attached to these folks. In a different way from the older crowd at the old job but attached. They drop by to talk about their news of the day, their triumphs, see how things are going. They are great kids. And of course Lou is Lou. A gem! This doesn't mean I don't miss Pauly, S, Marc and Issy (and of course M). I miss them like crazy and they're not just 'work pals' if you know what I mean. Some of the folks here thought it surprising that I'm still pals with those guys. Ohhhh yes. Once you find folks this fine, you stick with them!

Pal Lou got free tickets to see a movie premiere tonight--Elizabethtown.

Don't. Even if you get free tickets, don't go to this thing! People who make movies like this should not be encouraged.

I was glad to get out and relax, but the damn thing is 2 hours long. Thought it had reached a natural end hours before it did. Kind of like Thelma and Louise when all that desert scenery started flashing by. The movie does have some cute bits and lines in it, and Orlando Bloom did some cute things I wouldn't have expected him to do but the thing is at least an hour too long. And since I couldn't put my balloon ankles up...at one point was wondering if they'd explode or leak or something. Well, you never know....

And getting INTO this thing! They made everyone line up (standing is hell on several counts these days. And it takes a LOT to get me to complain about pain), then they went over everyone with a metal detector AND looked into our purses.

Yah right. Oh well. At least there weren't any commercials whatsoever, which was great. Guess I'm not a first night type. Several people gave up and left. I think about 8.

So in Zomb parliance, woul give this 2 dead zombies, and only because of Susan Sarandon's tap dancing. She shone for the few minutes that she was in this movie.

Got lots of cuddles from the anti-cuddles cat (The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe). Think that she was glad that I came home. Me too.

Am getting sleepy...will visit your sites tomorrow. Sorry for the whining...will be better behaved tomorrow!!

Luv to all,

Bridg

6 Comments:

  • At 10/13/2005 12:09:00 PM, Blogger Mel said…

    Thanks for the tip on the movie. I wanted to catch one this weekend... I think I should stay away from sappy lovey-dovey ones. Seen anything else good lately?

    Sorry to hear about the ankle *ouch*. I'm thinking about you.

    Cuddles from the kitty! WOW! I bet that made you feel great! I miss my kitties SOOOOO much... *sigh*

    Hang in there... almost Friday!

     
  • At 10/13/2005 04:00:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    I had a feeling that the ankles would be part of the heart thing. DAMN, I'm always right about the WRONG things!

     
  • At 10/13/2005 07:59:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hi Mel glad to save you some time/misery! Have not seen movies recently...wish I had. Yah, cuddles from THIS cat are unheard of. This was a first! Hey can you have 'custody' of your kitties? Or get some new little ones? Yes it's a wonderful feeling...

    lol Tshsmom, you/we might be wrong yet--am seeing the heart guys tomorrow. Hope they can fix it quick (heh heh heh how's THAT for unlikely?)..

     
  • At 10/13/2005 08:36:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    2 dead zombies? I'll be sure to miss that one then.
    Thanks Bridget.

     
  • At 10/13/2005 08:49:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    BTW, I've loved CCR from the start! You and I are "oldies but goodies"!!

     
  • At 10/14/2005 12:57:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    you're so welcome, Zombieslayer! Anything to spare my buds the ummm agony? annoyance? I went through lol.

    The M&Ms were good tho....

    Tshsmom, you are right on the money--oldies but goodies!! Like that!!!

    Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home