Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Living In America

Not a fan of his personal politics but like his singing....Hey world, happy Sunday!!

Got in at 2:00 something last night oops morning. Surprised I woke up at 11 and not later. It's a very fall day here, cloudy, cool. Finally turned the furnace on today.

Spent most of the evening swapping stories with Lou (and losing at a game called UpWords), which was fun. Boy have I got to house clean/fix before she comes over here!!

Don't remember Friday at all, except that I left the office at 5:00 with a firm resolution to continue to do that. It's the kind of office where overtime is naturally expected, but by the end of the day I'm in a hell of a lot of pain feet wise so the sooner I can get home and put them up, the better. Besides, it's just plain wrong to train a boss to think that it's OK for you to stay hours later than usual. I think.

Boy am I getting bold or what?

Lou is a COOK. She loves cooking and it shows. We went throught 1.5 bottles of wine over a few hours, and although I got lost going there, didn't get lost going home. She's also a fantastic, very artsy decorator. Me? I haven't painted much of this house since I moved in here 13 years ago. Barely notice when the walls need washing. A cobweb would have to hit me in the face before I'd see it, much less do something about it. (heh heh heh bet I'm giving some of you the creeps, right?). Let's put it this way, the house is not 'poison neat', but it is in good shape. I get to the housework when I can and don't sweat it when I can't. Lou is into control big time. I learned to not do that a long time ago. Just diffr'ent strokes.

And Sis is doing the turkey cooking today YIPPEE I'm bringing Mom, wine and flowers. Should be wonderful. And Monday's the holiday here. Lovely.

What are you grateful for, world? Where you live? How you live? The people in your lives? Beloved pets?

Yup I"m grateful for all of that, my escape from Mr. B/TLT, the kindness of the people I work with, something new and challenging to do, fall colors, the way that the leaves and earth smell in autumn, sweaters, sweatpants, flannel pjs, and most of all my family including The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe, and dear friends (Pauly, Marc, M, S, Issy, Lou and you folks).

Happy Sunday to my non-Canadian buddies, and Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian pals.

MWAH and hugs, Bridg

4 Comments:

  • At 10/09/2005 01:34:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    Have a great holiday :)

    If I really thought about it, I am grateful for breathing one more day. All else is bonus material :)

     
  • At 10/09/2005 02:06:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    TY Jack, and that is one great attitude.

     
  • At 10/10/2005 05:17:00 PM, Blogger bdogg_mcgee said…

    Hope your holiday was wonderful!

    I love UpWords! That game is so much fun....

    And I know what you mean about the expected overtime. At my last job I put in 50 hours a week easy, and they still weren't happy!

     
  • At 10/11/2005 06:46:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    bdogg Mcgee--50 hours??That is one ingrate of an org. Hope you're not there anymore...glad someone else has heard of UpWords. I'd never seen/heard of it before but it's soooo cool.

    Am getting skunked at it too.....bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home