Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Monday, October 24, 2005

Last Night (I Didn't Get To Sleep At All)

Wow world, when's the last time you heard from the 5th Dimension? The singing group, I mean?

And I didn't (sleep) much. Remember seeing 3:00 a.m. hit and panicking. That's pretty much it. Fell asleep on the couch a few minutes ago (it's 8:50 now) and--get this--snored myself awake. Remember thinking (while asleep) "what the HELL is that racket??" and waking up to find it was ME.

Charming!!!

Decided to make soup tonight so it's simmering (ministrone). Does make the house smell great. Surprised to have that kind of energy after work but what the hey. Do any of you do stuff requiring a lot of energy when you get home? Most of my pals don't except a few guys who play hockey (M) and soccer (S). Those two are awesome, don't know how they do it.

Did you have a good Monday (is there such a thing?), world?

I think I did.

Yesterday (Sunday) after hanging up the pics in the new office, had a fleeting thought that I'd better do good work, cause this office is a palace. Today, before I got my coat off, they were installing a new computer. Turns out the IT guy told our admin assistant to go fly a kite when she complained about the piece of junk (it wouldn't do wordperfect, for example) that they gave me. I was happy with anything that worked. Anyway, mentioned it to the boss, who wrote a very nice note. Honest it was respectful and gentle. BAM new computer and two guys checked in later to make sure that it was OK! Holy Crap, Batman!!! They also fixed my furniture too asap (put the desk top on the desk. It's one of those overhead thingies). I am in awe. He also called a meeting together to get past a bureaucratic block in something that I'm doing. The meeting was over in less than half an hour.

Wow. So this is what support is like.

Holy catfish.

I am gonna work my butt off (heh heh heh wish I could lol) for this guy!!

Gotta go, soup's boiling. Hope all is well with you world!

Hugs, Bridg (still in awe)

6 Comments:

  • At 10/25/2005 08:35:00 AM, Blogger Leslie said…

    When I can't sleep, I pop a Benadryl. Works every time.

     
  • At 10/25/2005 09:55:00 AM, Blogger awaterpixie said…

    LMAO... I've snored myself awake a few times... LOL once it was a work! oops!

     
  • At 10/25/2005 03:56:00 PM, Blogger Justice said…

    I hate it when I can't sleep and I lie there looking at the clock as it slowly moves.

     
  • At 10/25/2005 04:51:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Sure hope the moral support at work lasts!!

     
  • At 10/25/2005 06:30:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    You could make minestrone? Yet another reason I need to visit. ;)

     
  • At 10/25/2005 09:58:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Good advice Leslie. Will give it a shot.

    awaterpixie--welcome. Glad that someone as delicate looking as your symbol is had done it too! But at work YIKES>.

    Justice, I agree. Bet you've been there a lot huh?

    Tshsmom, I fervently do too. Found out today that 'the kids' nicknamed me "Dr.--- (my real last name)". Isn't that cute? I thought it was funny.

    Zombie, you can come over anytime!!
    Yes I make ministrone and other soups too (like experimenting).

    Luv you guys!!
    Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home