Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

House At Pooh Corner

ARTIST: Kenny Loggins and Jim Messina
TITLE: House at Pooh Corner
Lyrics courtesy of: http://www.guntheranderson.com/v/data/houseatp.htm

Christopher Robin and I walked along
Under branches lit up by the moon
Posing our questions to Owl and Eeyore
As our days disappeared all too soon
But I've wandered much further today than I should
And I can't seem to find my way back to the wood, so

{Refrain}Help me if you can I've got to get
Back to the house at Pooh Corner by one
You'd be surprised, there's so much to be done
Count all the bees in the hive
Chase all the clouds from the sky -
Chase the clouds away
Back to the days of Christopher Robin and Pooh-

Winnie the Pooh doesn't know what to do
Got a honey jar stuck on his nose
He came to me asking help and advice
And from here no one knows where he goes
So I sent him to ask of the Owl if he's there
How to loosen a jar from the nose of a bear

{Refrain}

It's hard to explain how a few precious things
Seem to follow throughout all our lives
After all's said and done I was watching my son
Sleeping there with my bear by his side
So I tucked him in,
kissed him,
and as I was gone
I swear
that old bear
whispered, "Boy,
welcome home"
Believe me if you can, I've finally come
Back to the house at Pooh Corner by one
What do you know, there's so much to be done
Count all the bees in the hive
Chase all the clouds from the sky
- Chase the clouds away-
Back to the days of Christopher Robin
Back to the ways of Christopher Robin
Back to the days of Pooh
Oo-oo-ooh,
oo-oo-ooh

THAT one is for tshsmom!

How are you tonight world?

It is freezing cold here, and I bet Justice is cold in Massachusettes too. Glad he gets to go home to Florida and Storm. Those of us in the Great White North are stuck with it lol!

Had a great day today. New Boss (man) said today that this assignment I'm on is working out very well. He said that he likes the way that I go and get info from people without waiting to be told to do it (a colleague added that I don't do it with a sledgehammer either lol. M would keel over laughing if he ever heard that). Made my day, that's for sure. Hard to know when you're new what exactly is going on and if it's going OK. This sure helped a lot.

Had a shrink appointment in the afternoon and he said to take the rest of the day off so I did. Shrink is very happy too. Don't have to go back for 2 more months (near Christmas time). I'm not boss anymore YAY as of Monday and am thrilled to bits about that let me tell you! My new office is ready and it's gorgeous. Bigger than my boss' office (boss lady) which makes me feel a bit guilty. Actually she used to have that office but moved to be closer to her group. Oops I mean our group. The group.

Went for drinks/munchies with Doris. She is turning fifty this weekend, so we are getting together as soon as she's back (she's travelling to the East Coast this weekend and has to work on her big birthday). She is one of the nicest, smartest people I know. We've been friends for at least 10 years, and worked together also for a year or so. It sounds like she's working with demented idiots at the moment, but she is so good and so quiet, she just goes around fixing the disasters unasked and unthanked. Believe me these are BIG bloopers. Makes you shake your head....Anyway the world is much better off with folks like her (and Pauly, S and Marc and Issy and M) in it. WAY better off! She would have made a great mom too but oh well, what are you gonna do? At some ages that's academic.

The meeting with the hottie went smoothly too. Got everything done in 20 minutes. The place I work in is NUTS for meetings and the turnover is insane. Maybe in a month or two I"ll be pulling my or someone else's hair out but at the moment all I want to do is fix it. Know how that feels? You see something you think you can make better and it SOOOOOOO needs a hand...hope I can.

Gotta go spoil The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe a bit now. She's feeling deserted (got in at 9:00 tonight). Later, world!

Luv, Bridg

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home