Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Hooked On A Feeling

Hooked On A Feeling
B.J. Thomas
courtesy of: http://www.lyricscrawler.com/song/34328.html

I can't stop this feelin'
deep inside of me
Girl, you just don't realize
what you do to me
When ya hold me
in your arms so tight
You let me know
everything's all right
I-I-I,
I'm hooked on a feelin'
I'm high on believin'
that you're in love with me
Lips are sweet as candy,
the taste stays on my mind
Girl, you keep me thirsty for
another cup of wine
I got it bad for you, girl
but I don't need a cure
I'll just stay addicted
and hope I can endure
All the good love
when we're all alone
Keep it up, girl,
yeah ya turn me on
I-I-I,
I'm hooked on a feelin'
High on believin'
that you're in love with me
All the good love
when we're all alone
Keep it up, girl,
yeah ya turn me on
I-I-I,
I'm hooked on a feelin'
I'm high on believin'
that you're in love with me

Shades of the sixties! World hope you had the type of day that I did!

The space heaters: the one downstairs worked GREAT. The one upstairs didn't (returned it) but wasn't even needed because the first one was so good. The repair guy said that they'd be over when I get home from work 6:00 on Monday.

So because he's my pal's nephew and my basement looked like the cave of the undead, spent hours cleaning it up tonight. That means all the junk spread over the workbench had to go where it belonged (threw away two appliances that no longer work), threw out mousetraps (they never worked anyway--just amused the mice), vacuumed away (most of) the cobwebs and even dusted off the furnace.

I haven't vacuumed upstairs in months! Oh well. Did finally figure out how to put the dirt holder back into the Hoover or Eureka or whatever make it is (bright blue and yellow). Didn't do laundry because I didn't want it hanging all over tomorrow when the guys are over.

Reorganized three of the cabinets in the bookcase and THAT took some doing. For years had just been throwing VHS tapes and DVDs into them, and they were already too crammed with books. So off the books went to the basement, and now I can actually FIND tapes and discs. Am a member of several healthy cooking clubs and have been printing off recipes for a long time. Spent about an hour changing the 1-2 inch high pile into parts of a recipe book (am using one of those magnetic page for pics dealies). So bit by bit the place is taking shape. Also brought in the solar lights from the garden. And the status of St. Francis of Assisi (my bud).

Don't know where the energy is coming from but hey will take it! Also changed the linen, polished the furniture...and cleaned out some kitchen cabinets. Finally found a non-miniscule purse and changed things over (I HATE small purses! They look cute but are totally useless).

The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe is very happy with the space heater. She also spent time in the sun relaxing (lucky thing) and her fur was very warm. It got to 73 degrees inside so I turned the whole thing off. Hope it'll be OK tomorrow.

Did you love the extra hour of sleep last night, world? I sure did. Now have to re-figure out how to change the car etc. clocks....but that's a little thing.

Didn't see Mom for dinner tonight (we went shopping yesterday). Was too exhausted today after doing the basement. Could not believe that I went to all that trouble, but he's so nice (and a relative of a bud) kind of felt compelled to.

Oh yah--bought paintings in Cuba when Doris and I went there a few years ago. Finally took them to get framed for the new office. Not cheap, but it beats paying for something in a store.

Well am wearing out fast. Off to check out a few of your blogs, then off to bed.

Nighty night, world.


Bridg

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home