Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The Game of Tag/Love

OK, here goes for tshsmom! Tag re idiosyncrasies....

hmmmmm.

Not sure they qualify as idiosyncrasies but here are some weird things I do:

1.-I always try the door after I lock it. Have actually broken off knobs from inflicting this abuse on them. But the odd time out, I have actually forgotten to lock the door (and when it opens I'm shocked). Have actually driven back home (about half a block) to check the damn door. If I ever get an alarm system, hopefully this'll go away.

2-I hate sandwiches. Don't care what's in them, can't be bothered. Lived on pate, baguettes and soft cheese for lunch for years. Bet that has a lot to do with the blocked arteries!

3-Also am not a fan of milk or veggies unless pizza qualifies. Have the healthiest hair, skin etc. going, so don't believe that they're all THAT good for you.

4-I'm a REAL smart ass. Found it very hard to suppress smart ass answers, no matter who delivers the straight line. This includes parents, bosses, mother superiors--you name it. Fortunately I ran pretty fast in my youth and can recover quickly now. Will do or say just about anything to get a laugh.

5-Can't sleep on my right side because if I do, my left goes numb. Stupid, right? Well, it happens every time.

6-Like tshsmom, prefer to excrete at home unless I"m going to explode. Unfortunately I am on a medication which actually takes away 'warning time'. This means I can walk pretty damn fast.

7-Also like tshsmom, hate being late. If others are late, I'm not bent out of shape about it unless it's habitual. But for me, nope gotta be there on time or a bit early. One possible exception--early morning meetings. Anyone who schedules me for one of those is asking for it.

8-Will agree to ANYTHING before I wake up. Of course will forget all about it when I do wake up. Had a boss who figured this out the hard way (used to call me and ask me to do work stuff before noon on Saturdays).

9-Love being prepared. Have enough groceries and dry goods to last at least a month (not that I've calculated it, just buy lots of stuff). This is especially funny when it comes to spices. Don't like experimenting with a new dish and finding out that I'm missing an ingredient. There are 4 spice racks and two and a half cabinets--all full--of spices at my place.

10-Can't listen to music after 8-9 at night. It gets me so excited/turned on/'up' that I can't sleep (we are talking 4:00 a.m. here) afterwards.

11-Say 'mmmmmmmmmm' a lot when I'm thinking/reading. Can't stop it. Didn't know I did it till some guy I was dating mentioned it.

12-Am superstitious. Wish on stars, falling/shooting stars, knock on wood, the whole nine yards. Not sure about the ladder thing, or opening up umbrellas indoors, but am really careful about wood and stars.

Can't think of any more...Hugs, Bridg

4 Comments:

  • At 10/20/2005 03:49:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    I'm the prepared type too. Zombieslayer would be proud of us. I've had unexpected company for the weekend and fed everybody without going to the store.

    Music gets me going too. That's why I always play my tunes while driving; keeps me alert.

     
  • At 10/20/2005 07:41:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    OMG, I do #1, too! I forgot to put that on my list. I'm paranoid about locking doors. I even walked to work at midnight once when I was a teen to make sure I'd locked the store's door. I had. What a waste of time.

     
  • At 10/20/2005 08:57:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    tshsmom I am SO glad you said that about music. You're the only person I know besides me who had this 'thing'! You're right, ZS would be proud!

    WC, isn't that a totally irritating habit? Have tried and tried not to do that door checking thing but just can't stop...

     
  • At 10/20/2005 09:36:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    I don't know where it came from, either; I've NEVER left a door unlocked. Funny. But irritating. Slightly OCD.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home