Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Every Little Kiss

Every Little Kiss
B. r. hornsby
courtesy of http://www.lyricsfreak.com/b/bruce-hornsby/24957.html

Way out here, working on the docks
Everyone sees the long day through
Well what would I do without the nights
And the phone
And the chance just to talk to you
A thousand miles away
What I wouldn’t give for only one night
A little relief in sight
Or someday when times weren’t so tight
When the day goes down on the
Water town
When the sun sinks low all around
That’s when I know I need you now
You’re what I miss
Every little kiss
Everybody here’s a number, not a name
But I guess that’s all right with me
As I sit alone after a long day
In the absence of company
Oh I let my mind wander...A thousand miles away
What I wouldn’t give for only one night
A little relief in sight
Or someday when times weren’t so tight
When the day goes down on the
Water town
When the sun sinks low all around
That’s when I know I need you now
You’re what I miss
very little kiss

For Storm and Justice

Hi world, hope you're warm tonight?

The winds out here got to 60 km per hour. WINDY. And cool. Went with Sis and Mom to see whatever the name of Jodi Foster's latest is. Despite the bad press it got, didn't think it was too bad. Would rather see it than Elizabethtown, I can tell you that! The three of us went to dinner after. It was great to see Sis. We work in similar and related organizations so we swapped horror stories. She works so much overtime that we don't get to see her often. It was great.

Not much exciting news otherwise except pain is a lot less now, swelling in ankles almost gone for the first time in a few months. COOL! No didn't get on the damn treadmill, was busy all weekend long. Got the usual household stuff done. Had to wait a bit for the prescriptions on Friday night (decided to start on the water pills this weekend to get all the peeing over with lol), and then remembered I had two errands in the same mall. Nice timing or what?

Mom is feeling very good these days, but her mind is going a bit. You have to repeat everything you say at least twice, and she does tell us/me the same things several times in a sitting. Not sure how worried to be about that. She's going to see her surgeon (the one who took care of her in the diverticulosis bout) on Monday, and her day hospital folks (the very sharp ones) on Thursday. The repeating everything is a nervous habit--she hears just fine the first time. The repeating herself stuff, well, not sure where that's coming from but hear about that often from others who have aging parents.

Hey this is my last (I fervently hope) week as a manager YAHOO!!!!

Wish we had tomorrow off. Actually wouldn't mind a week or two and wouldn't care if it rained the whole week. Oh well, no real issues.

I would rather take a bad month in this new place than a day with that evil dwarf that I had to deal with before (Mr. B) anytime. Had a phone call from New Old Boss (G man) on Friday. It took me half an hour on the phone to get him to locate Windows Explorer. He said that he didn't have that on his machine and yes he'd checked.

Then he didn't know how to sort files by date. His 'View' settings were on icons. Had to walk him through that.

I was ready to pull hair out after an hour of this. His hair.

Also had a meeting with a similarly hopeless type on Friday, but the latter one is more understandable (desperate for lack of funds) than Mr. G.

Well, he'll catch on. He's one of those guys who makes his staff present papers at conferences as punishment/in trade for letting them attend. One of THOSE. He's almost military except for the (sorry for the bad karma here) honest-to-goodness-totally-hopeless cluelessness.

Those guys always get it in the end.

I'm not the most patient person in the world. Well, I am with people who cannot help being out of it. Newbies, handicapped, slow folks--and desperate ones, no problem. Arrogant folks who swing their authority around AND who are stupid--look out, I am your worst nightmare.

All in all, a great place to be away from.

Sorry for the rant there, just had to get it out of my system.

Anyhow, wherever you are tonight world, may you be dry, warm and well-lighted.

Hugs, Bridg

7 Comments:

  • At 10/16/2005 10:45:00 PM, Blogger Sagepaper said…

    There is far more stupidity in the world than there is malice.

     
  • At 10/17/2005 11:36:00 AM, Blogger Mel said…

    Sounds like Mr. G has some SERIOUS issues. And he's in management?! Holy Crap.

    Glad to hear that you are feeling better! And I hope that everything turns out to be ok with Mom.

    How's the MOST SPOILED kitty doing these days?

     
  • At 10/17/2005 11:45:00 AM, Blogger Storm said…

    Thank you so much for the song!!! That is very sweet. I never knew the words to that song, but reading them now really makes me smile. :)

     
  • At 10/17/2005 12:16:00 PM, Blogger Avery's mom said…

    glad to hear your ankles are shrinking and that you had a good time with your sister.
    My sister took off to florida to be with my grandmother for the next couple of months and she was suppose to help me get started planning this wedding....guess our marriage can wait. we didnt do it before the baby, might as well wait till I'm not lactating all over my gown lol

     
  • At 10/17/2005 06:16:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Totally agree, Sagepaper, tho sometimes it's hard to...

    Mel, you bet he's got some issues. I wonder if that was a requirement to work with the Evil Dwarf (Mr. B)? The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe is, at this moment giving me hell for not going downstairs and petting her. She has taken to loving being cuddled (after 13 years of running at the speed of light to escape cuddles!). Wonders never cease....

    Glad you liked the words Storm!! Just for you two!

    Thanks Robyn--agree it's a good idea to wait (a little)...want me to talk to your sister (only half kidding here)?

     
  • At 10/17/2005 07:43:00 PM, Blogger Justice said…

    I'm with Storm...thanks for the song. That was very sweet of you and I love the lyrics.

     
  • At 10/18/2005 12:20:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    *grin* You're very welcome Justice! Enjoy!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home